Top Shelf Aquatics

Please convince me to NOT start another tank!

justinfox

Don't start another tank until the one you currently have is set up and matured to how you want it. Spend your time cultivating your current tank to perfection before spending all that money on a second one!

:( Buzzkill. ;)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hammerstone

Don't start another tank until the one you currently have is set up and matured to how you want it. Spend your time cultivating your current tank to perfection before spending all that money on a second one!

+1
Mr. Clownfish

I find that my biggest problem is that sometimes I enjoy the build more then the tank itself. I really like the planning, designing, building and everything else right up to the cycling of the tank. After that its just waiting around for stuff to grow and maintaining what you have.

I say if it makes you happy and you enjoy doing it then do it.

Just keep in mind that its going to take more time and money to maintain another tank.

But have you seen how his tank is looking? It is Euphyllia paradise already. :wub:

fts_august_2015.jpg

This is like an alcoholic, at a bar, asking other drunks to talk him out of drinking.

^He would be the sober guy telling everyone he doesn't drink.

Mr. Clownfish

This is like an alcoholic, at a bar, asking other drunks to talk him out of drinking.

Now that's funny... and very true

Every drinking party needs a DD ;)

Justin, as your long time friend, and owner of the pistol shrimp that YOU named, I think I should be the responsible party and tell you that getting another tank, especially one that fits a 6 foot space IS SO ASKING FOR ONE OF THOSE GIRLS TO MERMAID!

DO IT!

I find that my biggest problem is that sometimes I enjoy the build more then the tank itself.

OMG THIS! I am always more into the build than anything else. Same goes for modifying cars, bikes, etc. Process is king!

Justin, as your long time friend, and owner of the pistol shrimp that YOU named, I think I should be the responsible party and tell you that getting another tank, especially one that fits a 6 foot space IS SO ASKING FOR ONE OF THOSE GIRLS TO MERMAID!

DO IT!

LOL that literally made me laugh out loud this morning Kat (luckily I just swallowed my sip of coffee!). I've actually been meaning to do a sexy series of nudes with the fish tank, not my idea, one of my girls suggested it to me (and I'm up for it!).

I really do like the earlier suggestion of a shallow 6x3 tank though, damn that would be amazing!

OMG THIS! I am always more into the build than anything else. Same goes for modifying cars, bikes, etc. Process is king!

LOL that literally made me laugh out loud this morning Kat (luckily I just swallowed my sip of coffee!). I've actually been meaning to do a sexy series of nudes with the fish tank, not my idea, one of my girls suggested it to me (and I'm up for it!).

I really do like the earlier suggestion of a shallow 6x3 tank though, damn that would be amazing!

Daniekara from your instagram today is my pick for mermaiding. :)

Daniekara from your instagram today is my pick for mermaiding. :)

Her fake boobies might make her a bit too buoyant to sink to the bottom though? :lol:

So when are we going to see your new tank. By the way getting out of bed on saturday morning was a good excuse for me to start another tank.

HarryPotter

So when are we going to see your new tank. By the way getting out of bed on saturday morning was a good excuse for me to start another tank.

Who cares about the tank? I want to see the photo shoot :lol:

A whole new "Reefin" series?

1) Tempted to do another huge tank. A 6ft for the space I have in my lounge room, or even a large cube.

2) Tempted to run a shallow tank of some sort.

3) Tempted to run a nano frag tank. Really temped!

4) Tempted to run a cool pico for the stuff I find and catch in rock pools. Glass shrimp, macro, crabs, etc.

6'x3'x18". Plumb frag tank in to sump. Keep pico on night stand.

Who cares about the tank? I want to see the photo shoot :lol:

A whole new "Reefin" series?

dont send this guy bewb pics. He will get grounded and his mom will take his phone away from him. 1_4_120.gif

Uber costs money. A dd is cheap lol :D besides i do plenty of drinking.

if you can afford to go out and get tanked. The $5 to $30 Uber or cab ride is just part of doing the I am gonna go out and get drunk thing. The DD is miserable and hopes you all die or get arrested. ;)

Oops!

So yesterday I was hanging out at a mates place. This mate is not at all into this hobby, but he's into a lot of things I'm also into so he understands the "bug".

I let him know about my dilemma of wanting to start up another tank and in voicing my story out loud I managed to decide NOT to start another tank.

A few hours later I impulse bought a tank LOL!!!

So I really wanted this:

maxresdefault.jpg

But I really had a hard time finding more info on it. I found their web site, but it all seemed to difficult.

Synergy-Reef-Systems-Frag-Tank.jpg

I also really want this, right down to the sexy green stands. It's using an external overflow box though, and perhaps I could get the stands themselves separate down the line if I really wanted them.

818BrXdXDUL._SL1500_.jpg

So this is what I ended up with. A JBJ 20 Frag Tank. Now to shop for a light! :)

Archived