Innovative Marine Aquariums

Snow's Mantis Menagerie - Losing everyone.

Snow_Phoenix

Snow, I am sorry for what you are going through. I know it is very sad for you. Still I believe from what I read in previous posts that your parents love you and want good things for you. Being a parent myself (of now grown children) I will tell you I made many mistakes even though I loved my boys very much. Try to be forgiving as someday you may be a mom and you may make decisions that your child does not agree with either. What goes around tends to come around. It is not easy though and I understand how much your animals mean to you.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RIP Sebastian

I'm sorry to hear about what's happening. I know how hard it is to give up animals you love. But you have to live through some of the worst days of your life to get to some of the best days.

Nick

• 1 month later...
Snow_Phoenix

Hi everyone. I just wanted to do a short update: Freya died within this past month. I wasn't informed since I didn't enter any marine stores for almost 2 months, and I only found out today. Thank you all for the encouragement, and for walking with me during my journey here in NR. I'll check in on the site from time to time, but not frequently. It hurts whenever I see my previous tanks on here - I miss all this hobby so much.

Tc.

~Snow

I can't believe they didn't tell you!! That's awful. Why did they wait? I'm sorry it turned out that way. I just had 2 fish die in the night in their hospital tank, now I have a single jawfish. I've been lucky in my 3 yrs of reefing, never had a sick fish. The ich only showed up on the outside of the fish once in my tank. And I'm in contact w/ my friends who got the shipment in, they had some fish die overnight too. Just a bad shipment.

How's your birdie? the one that looked pretty much naked before?

Snow_Phoenix

I can't believe they didn't tell you!! That's awful. Why did they wait? I'm sorry it turned out that way. I just had 2 fish die in the night in their hospital tank, now I have a single jawfish. I've been lucky in my 3 yrs of reefing, never had a sick fish. The ich only showed up on the outside of the fish once in my tank. And I'm in contact w/ my friends who got the shipment in, they had some fish die overnight too. Just a bad shipment.

How's your birdie? the one that looked pretty much naked before?

I can't believe it either. I just came in to collect the money from sold-off coral pieces. All I got was a, "Your shrimp died. But I'll give you money for it anyway." (cue RM35 for one beautiful but dead shrimp).

I was heartbroken. A part of me feels terribly guilty - that I should have fought a bit harder to keep Freya at least.

Really sorry to hear about your bad luck as well. :(

Both my birdies are doing really well, thankfully.

50f68ec5c36b449fabe051357069176a.png

3c8b2fcc8f9c42819c139e7a20336adc.png

Wow she looks so good, I remember all her feather loss! Well, the other 2 fish died in the night. They worked well together in the tank so I'll be getting them again. Just want to be careful. I'll be doing the 6-8 wks fallow. I have everything else in there. Snails, emerald, the 2 starfish. It's just the way it goes. My first time w/ fish bad luck and my friends getting a bad shipment.

Archived