Top Shelf Aquatics

FYI: Sunday Sunday Sunday! Petco dollar per gallon sale!

xmas_one

Yea but if you go on the site and search city then events planned they show you what's going on

Go on their site and search your city then look at the events calendar

Then not happening by me for June, July, August. :(

jedimasterben

Nice. It is unfortunate that they are no longer drillable tanks and the glass thickness has decreased.

FYI, the listing is saying the sale is for Aqueon tanks, which are the same quality as they have been for many years now. Petco has been selling Tetra tanks, which are the slightly thinner glass tanks that are lower in quality. Just got the ad in the mail yesterday showing it is about to start here and is valid on Aqueon brand tanks. I'm wondering if for their 'normal' ordering throughout the year they can get a better deal on Tetra tanks, but when they buy a shitload of Aqueon tanks to sell during the $/gal sale they might be able to get a better price. Or who knows, they might be switching back to Aqueon altogether, which would be awesome :)

20150624_162411.jpg

HarryPotter

FYI, the listing is saying the sale is for Aqueon tanks, which are the same quality as they have been for many years now. Petco has been selling Tetra tanks, which are the slightly thinner glass tanks that are lower in quality. Just got the ad in the mail yesterday showing it is about to start here and is valid on Aqueon brand tanks. I'm wondering if for their 'normal' ordering throughout the year they can get a better deal on Tetra tanks, but when they buy a shitload of Aqueon tanks to sell during the $/gal sale they might be able to get a better price. Or who knows, they might be switching back to Aqueon altogether, which would be awesome :)

20150624_162411.jpg

Where's that ad? Can't find it local

Got it in the mail. Any Pals members should get it.

I only check my mail once a week on Fridays... I sure hope that's gonna be in my area too!

20150624_162411.jpg

Maybe with their merger with Foster and Smith they are going back to more quality products? My local Petco store was selling Tetra tanks for the sale in May. They were not stocking Aqueon then. If they are selling Aqueon again that is really good news.

jedimasterben

Maybe with their merger with Foster and Smith they are going back to more quality products? My local Petco store was selling Tetra tanks for the sale in May. They were not stocking Aqueon then. If they are selling Aqueon again that is really good news.

Mine were selling Tetra then, too, and I believe the ad said Tetra back then, but I can't really remember. Fingers crossed! :D

Man I really hope it is on the Aqueon tanks, those tetra tanks were complete bull$hit. I had to take apart and aqueon and tetra 40B to use the glass for baffles and my god, that Tetra tank was awful, glass was all misaligned, the front and back were slightly different lengths, the left side glass was slightly shorter than the right, just a disaster. No wonder they had that big thick trim on it, probably to keep that bag of $hit together.

• 3 weeks later...
bdevillier19

Just to clarify to those who were wondering, the dollar per gallon sale is going on, and the tanks are all aqueon. So I just picked up a 40 breeder to make a sump for my new 90 gallon upgrade. Time to order the acrylic and fire up the laser cutter.

Archived