inTank Media Baskets

Chon's Fusion 30L

chonathin

Hi Chon...your setup is really looking good. Question on your quad...do you think it would be too much for a 40 breeder (36x18x17)?

Thanks...still gathering information for future build.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Chon...your setup is really looking good. Question on your quad...do you think it would be too much for a 40 breeder (36x18x17)?

Thanks...still gathering information for future build.

I dont think it's too much at all. It would work great for a 40 breeder. With the control that the Bluefish affords, you could keep anything you want. When I say that the Quad is too much, I mean I've got it turned up for the SPS and LPS that are in the tank... the softies and chalice hate it (besides the Rics).

• 2 weeks later...

Still working on it...leaning towards a Reef Savvy 40 breeder and Chris Benner stand and Trigger System or MRC sump. Not in a hurry and want to do it right the first time around. That was why I asked about your Nano Box Quad...I like the physical appearance of the unit.

.308?

I like where you're going with your tank plans! Very nice! I sometimes miss having a real sump.

Yep .308 I luckily found some cheap rounds this bolt gun likes. Means I don't have to share my handloads ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Quick update with the tank. Added a Chocolate Clown, Crocea clam, and a handful of SPS frags. Thing have been going pretty well. The RBTA never moved from the spot I first stuck him on, which is nice. The orange clown had nothing to do with it until the chocolate was added. The six line went carpet surfing last night. He was pretty far gone by the time my girlfriend found him. Got him back in the tank and all is well today.

_MG_5718_zpsmke77xwz.jpg

_MG_5720_zpsjnyiwfu5.jpg

And a little sneak peek.....

60A60FD9-9BE8-40F4-BAA3-B4E958609088_zps

Sweet pics of the range. What a beautiful spot. I love shooting long distance even though I only have an M&P 15 Sport. But I've shot it out to 600 yds and I've been able to hit steel with just my vortex strike fire. Thanks for sharing the pics. Check out freedom munitions if you are looking for cheap ammo. I just got my first order in and I did a accuracy test. They shot better than my PMC Bronze that was 3 bucks more a box.

Sweet pics of the range. What a beautiful spot. I love shooting long distance even though I only have an M&P 15 Sport. But I've shot it out to 600 yds and I've been able to hit steel with just my vortex strike fire. Thanks for sharing the pics. Check out freedom munitions if you are looking for cheap ammo. I just got my first order in and I did a accuracy test. They shot better than my PMC Bronze that was 3 bucks more a box.

Thanks for the kind words. The spot is on some of my family's land next to some oil wells. I buy all my handgun ammo from freedom munitions, good prices and quality loadings. I buy just the run of the mill Lake City 5.56 for my ARs. If I need more accuracy I just hand load. Dude, I love shooting long range, very rewarding when it all starts coming together.

Thanks for the kind words. The spot is on some of my family's land next to some oil wells. I buy all my handgun ammo from freedom munitions, good prices and quality loadings. I buy just the run of the mill Lake City 5.56 for my ARs. If I need more accuracy I just hand load. Dude, I love shooting long range, very rewarding when it all starts coming together.

Man that is beautiful land and a great shooting spot. Where I went to college we could drive 10 mins out our main street and have open sagebrush fields. We went shooting very often, many times only shooting 10-30 rds each shooting session for rifle just because we lived so close. We had a great lava shelf we would post up on and shoot down into this valley, as far as we could see. Its pretty hard hitting steel past 600 yds with just a 4 MOA red dot sight. But man I love shooting long range. I CC a SA XDSC so I often shoot that to stay proficient, but nothing beats long range. Slow, methodical shooting where you don't blow through ammo spending an arm and a leg to shoot.

Tank looks great. It's good to see shooting hobbies go along with reefs. I find a lot of reefers are shooters and car guys, which I'm all three.

So...what's going on with the 10g?

Everything from the 10g was moved into the 30L. Girlfriend wants dwarf seahorses so that might happen. Right now it's sitting empty in the garage with a Nano Box tide in it.

How do you like that PLS-50 Elite skimmer? I've had the Tunze for awhile and it skims great, but it's an act of God to get the darn thing to fit. So every cleaning is a pain in the ass to get it to fit right again. I've been looking for alternatives that can fit in the rear chamber.

How do you like that PLS-50 Elite skimmer? I've had the Tunze for awhile and it skims great, but it's an act of God to get the darn thing to fit. So every cleaning is a pain in the ass to get it to fit right again. I've been looking for alternatives that can fit in the rear chamber.

I started out using the Tunze on this tank. While it seemed to work ok, i felt like it was lacking on the skim. The PLS 50 elite is a great skimmer... now. The skimmer took so long to break in (3 weeks) i almost put the Tunze back in. Micro bubbles for a few days. The first time i cleaned the cup it took 2 days to produce any skim again. Now it pulls out dark skim and I'm happy with it. Just be ready t screw with the thing for a while.

• 10 months later...

So its been quite a while since I've posted anything on here. Lots of life happening. I recently got engaged and bought my first home. Lifes been crazy. I moved the tank 2 weeks ago and thought I would share what the outcome was. These are some quick cell pics.

A96E981D-FC99-4376-AB2F-46ECFD15027C_zps

EF4F9C4A-21F6-44BE-9467-4C058169CDC1_zps

Archived