Coral Vue Hydros

Chon's Fusion 30L

chonathin

Love everything about this. Although I would have mounted the Apex display on the other side of the false wall. So you can open the door and see the info.

Thanks! That's just me being lazy on mounting the Apex display. Once I get everything moved over from the Fusion 10 I'll mount it. To be honest though, I love just pulling out my phone and looking at it from there.

Following! How do you like the 30L fusion? Any surprises after having the 10?

I love the 30L! Very cool tank. I was a little worried about bowing in the front glass as another member here had commented about, but they must have started making it with a thicker glass. No bow for me. I also put in some acrylic in the returns to raise the water line a bit. The back chamber on the 30L is deeper, which leaves less room in the display. The one thing I didn't like about the Fusion 10 was the 3rd chamber runs under the 1st and 2nd. Its almost imposable to get anything that happens to find its way back there. Overall I really like both tanks. The girlfriend is already talking about taking over the Fusion 10 for herself.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice choice for lighting. I was going to go with the quad but have decided to go Kessil, as i get local support with kessil from my LFS and i love the colors of the kessil

deathbyart

Looks so awesome. Almost have me influenced to build a stand. These store bought just aren't doing it for me.

nice choice for lighting. I was going to go with the quad but have decided to go Kessil, as i get local support with kessil from my LFS and i love the colors of the kessil

One of the LFS has the Kessils over their tanks. I like the shimmer they produce.

• 2 weeks later...

Everything and everyone is finally moved over from the Fusion 10. Also picked up a Talbot Damsel, love the coloring they have.

029_zpss0pipfon.jpg

Not sure If your thread name was intentional, but I love the band Chon ^_^

Never heard of the band.

Tank looks sweet! I wanted a 30 but the width killed it for me as I do not have the space so settled for the 20 instead.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update. I've been having issues with my acans since moving them over. not sure but I found the start of some sponges on a few of them.... might be nothing as I've never heard of a sponge causing issues with acans. Everything else in the tank is doing great, SPS, zoas, palys, rics, and other LPS are showing growth and good color. I did a Coral RX dip yesterday, removed the sponge, and fed them this morning. Hopefully I'll see some improvement over the next few weeks.

Chon...your tank is looking great. I tried to PM you a question but I don't have enough posts to be able to do that. I have seen other threads from 30L owners that complain about the front glass and rear bulkhead bowing outward. I think I saw where IM had increased the glass thickness to compensate. Have you noticed any bowing? I ask because I am considering the 30L.

Thank you.

Don

Chon...your tank is looking great. I tried to PM you a question but I don't have enough posts to be able to do that. I have seen other threads from 30L owners that complain about the front glass and rear bulkhead bowing outward. I think I saw where IM had increased the glass thickness to compensate. Have you noticed any bowing? I ask because I am considering the 30L.

Thank you.

Don

Thanks Don! I haven't seen any bowing in the front glass or false wall. They must have fixed the issue.

Just picked up a 30l last weekend, got an offer on our house the same day....so the tank will be sitting for a little while until we get moved. Very nice setup you have.

I picked up a PLS-50 Elite to try out. The Tunze 9004 seems to be lacking somewhat on this tank.

Love my PLS-50, it's tough the first week to get it calibrated but once you do its easy :)

Love my PLS-50, it's tough the first week to get it calibrated but once you do its easy :)

Yeah it just started producing skim but its still light. Very touchy skimmer to dial in.

Ok, so I decided to try something a little different. I got back into this hobby with a Fuval Spec V that sat on top of a half wall dividing my living room and kitchen. I really liked having a tank that I could see from 3 sides. I've since been through two upgrades and have finally fallen in love with the 30L. While I do wish I had a sump at times, I can live with the limited amount of equipment available. But thats besides the point. I'm looking up at the half wall thinking..... I could put a tank up there.....and..... plumb it into the sump of the 30L. While this whole endeavor might crash and burn, I figured screw it, I'll give it a shot. On to the PICS!!!!

This is the tank I used , Mr. Aqua 6 gal bookshelf tank, topped with a Orbit marine LED. This tank will house Chalices, Zoas, Mushrooms, and maybe a Torch. The Quad over the 30L is just too much for most of my low light corals, hence, the low end light. It might get upgraded, it might not.

F5D2ED40-2658-4D9E-87E9-9665B37EB1B3_zps

I started by drilling holes for the return and overflow. The return ended up closer then I would have liked.

BFE47187-5C51-4E68-A9B4-D151BA128918_zps

Plumbing is done and painted. Also painted the light to match my quad.

9BEC32EB-7A8C-4DF4-A6D6-1FCB158EE94C_zps

A71CD005-9ED6-4B1B-867D-40386A79B2D6_zps

CE84A79F-D0E9-48E9-9A7D-AE518DCC007C_zps

Hopefully I can get around to starting this thing up this weekend.

Ok, so I decided to try something a little different. I got back into this hobby with a Fuval Spec V that sat on top of a half wall dividing my living room and kitchen. I really liked having a tank that I could see from 3 sides. I've since been through two upgrades and have finally fallen in love with the 30L. While I do wish I had a sump at times, I can live with the limited amount of equipment available. But thats besides the point. I'm looking up at the half wall thinking..... I could but a tank up there.....and..... plumb it into the sump of the 30L. While this whole endeavor might crash and burn, I figured screw it, I'll give it a shot. On to the PICS!!!!

This is the tank I used , Mr. Aqua 6 gal bookshelf tank, topped with a Orbit marine LED. This tank will house Chalices, Zoas, Mushrooms, and maybe a Torch. The Quad over the 30L is just too much for most of my low light corals, hence, the low end light. It might get upgraded, it might not.

F5D2ED40-2658-4D9E-87E9-9665B37EB1B3_zps

I started by drilling holes for the return and overflow. The return ended up closer then I would have liked.

BFE47187-5C51-4E68-A9B4-D151BA128918_zps

Plumbing is done and painted. Also painted the light to match my quad.

9BEC32EB-7A8C-4DF4-A6D6-1FCB158EE94C_zps

A71CD005-9ED6-4B1B-867D-40386A79B2D6_zps

CE84A79F-D0E9-48E9-9A7D-AE518DCC007C_zps

Hopefully I can get around to starting this thing up this weekend.

WOW dude, loving this! Great tank, I always check your thread to get ideas. You have an amazing set up!

WOW dude, loving this! Great tank, I always check your thread to get ideas. You have an amazing set up!

HEYYYYY! THATS EFFING AWESOME

Thanks Guys! It means a lot coming from you both! Hopefully it works! :lol:

Archived