Innovative Marine Aquariums

Local Fish Store : Where Do You Shop?

DaveFason

With two months under my belt doing full time Nano Box I am finally ready to start my wholesale program. I have been working on this for some time and feel like I am in the position to start. Where do you guys come in? What local fish stores do you shop with? Currently I am only doing US but will look into Canada.

Put your top two stores that you shop/purchase from and where you are from. I will be working on a call list to get Nano Box in to your favorite stores!

Thanks in advance and as always thanks NR members.

-Dave

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since you're so close, I would look at the Fish Room and Reef Farm near Raleigh. The Fish Room has about 3 locations I believe. I'm not sure how much equipment the Reef Farm sells. Last time I was there it was pretty much all livestock.

I don't shop there too often because their distance from me but Top Shelf Aquatics and World Wide Corals are in Orlando, FL and have a good customer base.

Upscale Aquatics in Huntersville, NC and Nemo's Reef in Matthews, NC are my go to stores.

Since you're so close, I would look at the Fish Room and Reef Farm near Raleigh. The Fish Room has about 3 locations I believe. I'm not sure how much equipment the Reef Farm sells. Last time I was there it was pretty much all livestock.

You're local to Raleigh? Did you go to Reef Smart yesterday?
righttirefire

I shop at Keizer tropical fish & aquarium in Keizer oregon. But I don't foresee them being a stocking dealer. Upscale fish and reptiles in Tualatin oregon seem to be a nicer shop around my area but I don't frequent them and saltwater obsession in Gresham oregon have a nice retail side but mostly maintaince and service. Good luck Dave. Hoping to become a customer of yours

San Diego:

AquaSD, super awesome selection of corals with some fish

Aquatic Warehouse, mega fish section with a nice selection of corals as well

Vets Pets, great fish and knowledge

Shipwreck Cove, just reopened with new store and pretty sweet coral area and fish as well

Reefers garage, awesome lil needle in the haystack, great prices

Upscale Aquatics in Huntersville, NC and Nemo's Reef in Matthews, NC are my go to stores.

I'm in Carrboro but I had family in town and had to miss it. Ended up taking the parents to Bennett Place and Stagville instead. Interesting but would have much rather gone to Reef Smart.

I'm in Carrboro but I had family in town and had to miss it. Ended up taking the parents to Bennett Place and Stagville instead. Interesting but would have much rather gone to Reef Smart.

You didn't miss much. Might have been 30 people when I was there including the vendors. Not sure why it was so empty. :/

I would be very happy to see your product in the lfs Its called Aquarium of Knoxville I used to work for. The owner is also the CEO of Sicce Usa and a great guy the # there is 8655882073 ask to speak to Leah(Store manager and does all the orders) and tell her Addison said to call her they do lots of volume and have been in business for almost 30 years so make sure to throw her a great sales pitch

I live in Manhattan. I usually go to:

1. Manhattan Aquariums (owned by Unique Corals) which is in the city.
  2. Absolutely Fish which is in Clifton, NJ and is 45 min from Manhattan.
  3. Elos AquaStudo New York which is actually in Short Hills, NJ and is 30 min from Manhattan.

Good luck my man!

kidnatural

Aquacave is about 15 mins from my place i always go there for my gear and they price match. Can't go wrong there imo not sure if u qualify them as a lfs but they are local to me,

Cencalfishguy56

Animal house pet shop, is my go to for fish and some coral every now and then, they would be cool to sell to I would think located in lemoore, California here's the FB page https://m.facebook.com/animalhouselemoore

Also Aquatic pets in Clovis, California has a shit ton on coral and fish and have many brands of lights they advertise here's there FB page https://m.facebook.com/pages/Aquatic-Pets/154833111269718

You didn't miss much. Might have been 30 people when I was there including the vendors. Not sure why it was so empty. :/

Guess your odds for raffles went up a bit. haha. I'm still hoping to make another run to Reef Farm in the near future. I think I may pick up a bird's nest and see how that goes. I am using a new system for water changes so I want to make sure I have everything down correct before I buy more corals, especially SPS.

buckeyereefer

central O-H-I-O here. soooo my go to retail stores are Aaron @ Rivers 2 Reefs in Gahanna. then Todd @ReefSystems in New Albany.

+1 to Upscale and Nemo's

Dave since you are in NC I would also add The Inland Reef in Midland.

You might look at Dallas North Aquarium. They try to serve a higher end market than the average LFS, and would probably have a customer base that would appreciate your product.

Something Fishy in Northampton Pennsylvania. They only specialize in saltwater and reef systems. Their website is www.toofishy.com

Archived