Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

LED build

Halo_003

Light that bad boy up! At the rate you're going, I'm gonna have my year in the making upgrade done! Lolol.

Soon.

Hopefully. lol.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well got it up on the tank.

93DF5C3B-41DC-44B9-9E5E-2D22DA63502A_zps

:lol:

No but really:

81C4403C-5321-496F-92A4-DE17232E8D03_zps

E4E8C395-8494-4E26-B33B-5D1F3D464737_zps

Any ideas what settings to use on the BF mini? I'm clueless on it.

Hahaha! Touché. Good job, looks awesome!

Thanks! Appreciate it.

Also want to say thanks to everyone that helped, but especially ben and Evil. :happydance:

Marc.The.Shark

Well got it up on the tank.

Are you planning on putting any diffuser material on the splash shield?

Are you planning on putting any diffuser material on the splash shield?

I've thought about it but I'm not sure, I like the shimmer, will it cut down on that? Looking at the tank it looks about the same as my old T5 did.

Marc.The.Shark

I've thought about it but I'm not sure, I like the shimmer, will it cut down on that? Looking at the tank it looks about the same as my old T5 did.

Minor shimmer reduction, not a lot. I have it on my current tank & it helped color separation quite a bit. I added it to my new light with the NanoBox arrays, but don't know if it'll have as great an impact on Dave's densely packed boards as my DIY stars. The other benefit is it could hide your crappy wiring job! Lol, JK! Can't believe you sleeved all of those wires! Do you see any color separation from the led's? I couldn't tell with mine cause no water in the tank.

Minor shimmer reduction, not a lot. I have it on my current tank & it helped color separation quite a bit. I added it to my new light with the NanoBox arrays, but don't know if it'll have as great an impact on Dave's densely packed boards as my DIY stars. The other benefit is it could hide your crappy wiring job! Lol, JK! Can't believe you sleeved all of those wires! Do you see any color separation from the led's? I couldn't tell with mine cause no water in the tank.

I can't believe I sleeved all of them either haha it was an impulse decision and as soon as I did one I was committed, but I'm glad I did lol. I see zero color separation with the V3 arrays. I thought you had used V3 arrays as well?

Marc.The.Shark

I can't believe I sleeved all of them either haha it was an impulse decision and as soon as I did one I was committed, but I'm glad I did lol. I see zero color separation with the V3 arrays. I thought you had used V3 arrays as well?

Haha, you have OCD like me! Lol. I do have the V3, but can't tell if any effect cause of no water yet (as you know! Lol). My other tank has an OCW 3up & I was seeing the red & cyan on the rock & sand, so added the diffuser & it went away. Had a bunch left over so just slapped some on current light to be safe. Plus it takes me quite a while to disassemble down to splash shield if I wanted to add it later. That's the reason I added the 4th V3 as well, didn't want to take it all apart again down the road. Glad you're not seeing color separation, that's a huge plus.

Haha, you have OCD like me! Lol. I do have the V3, but can't tell if any effect cause of no water yet (as you know! Lol). My other tank has an OCW 3up & I was seeing the red & cyan on the rock & sand, so added the diffuser & it went away. Had a bunch left over so just slapped some on current light to be safe. Plus it takes me quite a while to disassemble down to splash shield if I wanted to add it later. That's the reason I added the 4th V3 as well, didn't want to take it all apart again down the road. Glad you're not seeing color separation, that's a huge plus.

Ah gotcha, yeah I thought about adding it before getting it hung and all but decided to try without first. You're right though it will be a massive pain to pu another array in down the road, I'd have to make new wires and sleeve again haha.

Archived