HarryPotter

A nano cluster would be:

2 x Royal Blue

1 x Blue

1 x Cyan

1 x Warm White

1 x Lime

1 x Violet

Thats is about as small a cluster as you can get. I may actually get around to building some of these soon... maybe ... :rolleyes:

Now, if you could build a custom chip and do all those as Luxion Z's, it would be nano in size as well.

Hmm.. Im not sure about the 1:1 radio of white to lime.

Although I have like virtually zero experience with wavelengths and building LED clusters (Besides my RapidLED kit), from my Radion and AI Nano I would probably wish for:

3 x Royal Blue

2 x Blue

2 x Cyan

2 x Warm White

1 x Lime

1 x Violet

Why is that? What is the difference besides having possibly worse color and being more expensive?

I guess I'd feel like I'd really just be wasting the LED potential per say.

jedimasterben

I guess I'd feel like I'd really just be wasting the LED potential per say.

And you wouldn't be by using Luxeon M instead? :huh:

And you wouldn't be by using Luxeon M instead? :huh:

I'm thinking differently,I really like this:

image_31.jpg

image_30.jpg

I can't remember the thread I found them on though. I think one 6" Makers would be enough for my tank,with something like this exact set up.

jedimasterben

I'm thinking differently,I really like this:

image_31.jpg

image_30.jpg

I can't remember the thread I found them on though. I think one 6" Makers would be enough for my tank,with something like this exact set up.

Hmmm, wonder where they got the idea.

IMAGE00006.jpg

20121023-IMG_0234.jpg

And we've gone over what we've changed and why we've changed it over the past few years. ;)

What happened to your metal halide?

Hmmm, wonder where they got the idea.

IMAGE00006.jpg

20121023-IMG_0234.jpg

And we've gone over what we've changed and why we've changed it over the past few years. ;)

What happened to your metal halide?

That was from like 2013-14 I do believe. That color is so perfect though. At least for my likings. The halide is for sale. I tested it for 2 days,and with the house at 74,halides on and a fan pointed at the fixture/near the water surface temps still crept to 83.6-84. Way to fu*king high. That was even 10" above the tank. So,back to the drawing boards. The halides are for sale,had Spider messaging me about so we'll see if he takes it. Those funds plus the cameras I have for sale will find the build. So we'll see.

My tank now,with t5's about 5.5"-6" above the water gets 78.3-78.9ish so that's where I'm trying to keep things.

jedimasterben

That was from like 2013-14 I do believe. That color is so perfect though. At least for my likings.

Those photos were from October-ish 2012, a few months after I'd gotten Steve's to carry 3up stars. ;)http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/294733-full-spectrum-led-tank-pictures/page-40#entry4052663

The color in person is nothing like what is shown in that person's photos. Unfortunately I do not have any DSLR photos to show what that array looks like with white sand and no black background, my photo above is not fully color corrected, I didn't have nearly the skill in Lightroom that I do now.

Those photos were from October-ish 2012, a few months after I'd gotten Steve's to carry 3up stars. ;)http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/294733-full-spectrum-led-tank-pictures/page-40#entry4052663

The color in person is nothing like what is shown in that person's photos. Unfortunately I do not have any DSLR photos to show what that array looks like with white sand and no black background, my photo above is not fully color corrected, I didn't have nearly the skill in Lightroom that I do now.

Oh okay,I couldn't remember the dates exactly. When I screen shot them,I didn't see them lol. I still like the colors in the double makers pics I posted though.

If you are going with a 6" sink, why not just buy a NanoBox array and put it on the makersLED sink?

Well,I may be buying back my old 11up's I sold someone like a year ago and have Steve's reflow some led's back in. 2 11up's on a Makers 6" would be insane with 4-6 mixture of 410nm's and 430's.

I mean this in the nicest way, why not just buy a pre made unit from me? Pretty much everything your looking for and after the 10 different things you have bought, you more than likely over what you would have paid for a Tide/DUO. ;)

jedimasterben

Oh okay,I couldn't remember the dates exactly. When I screen shot them,I didn't see them lol. I still like the colors in the double makers pics I posted though.

You like the LED choice or you like the color in the photos? Because the photos are in no way accurate lol

I mean this in the nicest way, why not just buy a pre made unit from me? Pretty much everything your looking for and after the 10 different things you have bought, you more than likely over what you would have paid for a Tide/DUO. ;)

It's going to be a retro,and I personally don't have deep enough pockets for. $600-$700 retro.

You like the LED choice or you like the color in the photos? Because the photos are in no way accurate lol

Well shit... That's unfortunate...

What exactly do you want to build this for?

It's really just for anything I decide to put it over lol. Most likely a retro.

Archived