Coral Vue Hydros

Who is Dave & Nano Box Reef?

DaveFason

Dave,

Congratulations on building a successful company in these times with so many competitors! You appear to stand above the rest and can offer something most can not, which is very personal and dedicated customer service. I hope that when you become a multimillion dollar company you will continue manufacturing on US soil. Nothing beats good ol' Made in USA.

Dave,

Congratulations on building a successful company in these times with so many competitors! You appear to stand above the rest and can offer something most can not, which is very personal and dedicated customer service. I hope that when you become a multimillion dollar company you will continue manufacturing on US soil. Nothing beats good ol' Made in USA.

Well said

Daves a good photographer

I want to drink a cocktail with Dave or two

Maybe Dave will show up at MACNA which is all cocktails and cool niche business people

Dave looks like he has wet water, Shiit just looking at his product pics makes mine wet

Congratulations on all the success buddy you deserve it. Its been a great journey so far....cant wait to see what you have planned next.

Proud to be a Nanbox OG! B)

nanobox.jpg

HarryPotter

StevieT and Dave are my idols.

I want two InTank RL-45 media baskets, and a nice NanoBox Hybrid w. moonlight upgrade.

Damn you all! #TooWet

Thanks so much!

Dave,

This post was awesome. I really enjoyed reading through the history of Nanobox. I am a very proud owner and cannot wait to see what you have in store for us in years to come!

Best of luck to a very well deserving businessman!

Make me your senior project ;)

Holy crap this is cool! Really neat to read the history and problems as someone majoring in business.

It does! The zombie lights is a fun thing I get to do. The illuminate the paintballs that then glow.

the nom noms look pretty good

the picture of the "zombie scene" lights really reminds me of the opening scene of jurassic park, you know, the cage with the raptors and one of them eats someone.

OG Bobby Johnson

Oh how I remember the USB units ... Still have one running to this day .

For sure. I am slammed packed but have a few free weekends. Shoot me a text

Man, we really need to get together for beer and a good meal. Brunch perhaps one weekend?

Thanks, the entire purpose! :)

Great idea to post all of this info. I didnt know much about you and this really opened my mind to who Dave the Nanoboxreef guy really is.

No APEX in site. Maybe tell them to accept a PWM control :D

Very cool to see. Keep up the good work. Get Apex controllability and I'm in. haha

Maybe you are just short!

dave is a tall ############

I don't make them. I just collect/use them. I will post my collection.

Totally forgot about your knives.. now I need one of those too!

Looking forward to it.

:wub: Can't wait to meet you next month in person.

Step stool

Meeting Dave in person would give me neck pains from craning my head back the whole time. :P

Thanks Hype. Lets get you a new one.

Congratulations on all the success buddy you deserve it. Its been a great journey so far....cant wait to see what you have planned next.

Proud to be a Nanbox OG! B)

A true OG. :)

Heck, I go back before Dave was even on this site on another forum, Carolina Reef or something like that.....

And to think, he was/is pretty good at paint ball! You'd think he would be an "easy" target, LOL!! :D Coarse as skinny as he is, that may be another thing.....

No it is etched. I do have a damascus. I will post them all.

Is that knife damascus? really a slick way to weld it up, ive always delt with a folded pattern.

Thanks bud!

You selling that organic milk? There's a major shortage going on.

Great presentation! I don't own a Nanobox, light and I don't always buy into the "Made by a great guy in America, now give me tons of money" narrative, but it's clear that you love making great lights, and the hobby needs lots of people like you. Two thumbs up! a045.gif

Thanks Mike. I love that little guy ( and my wife ).

Very cool, especially the Boston Terrier! (Gorgeous wife too.)

DO IT! :)

It was nice reading about you Dave. I don't have one of your lights yet but in the future I will.

Always USA. No ifs ands or buts.

Dave,

Maybe seven or eight. I love beer and coffee. :)

Daves a good photographer
I want to drink a cocktail with Dave or two
Maybe Dave will show up at MACNA which is all cocktails and cool niche business people
Dave looks like he has wet water, Shiit just looking at his product pics makes mine wet

Congrats Dave, glad to be a nanobox owner. Looking forward to seeing future projects and seeing awesome plates of food!

Thanks for not throwing in the towel and putting out an awesome fixture.

Great post Dave!

Having met him in person, when he did a custom install for me on my Red Sea Max 250, I can tell you that Dave is a great guy.

I hope to one day own a Nano Box for sure!

Care to share a picture of your CNC? I operate a CNC at work, so I'm curious as to what your machine looks like.

Awesome post. Thanks for such an amazing product. It's cool to see the beginning...Really humbling

Thanks again Dave.

So you like aquariums, dogs, food, ale and family. I'd say you have all the important things covered there old bean. :)

Now to find one of those original lights before they become collectors items. :P

I really enjoyed reading this! You've started a cult following - it sure says a lot about the quality of what you do.

Well, now I'm wondering if I should have Dave work on the light when he visits or cook me a meal..... hmmm......

Why not both?!? ;) Now we're really getting into a niche!

Great write up Dave! Fantastic lights and cant wait to see whats next! My refugium needs some nanobox love! :)

Hey dave! Been considering your products - I am in canada. curious, how would I choose what is best for me?

I hope to one day own a Nano Box for sure!

Care to share a picture of your CNC? I operate a CNC at work, so I'm curious as to what your machine looks like.

I only have a small hobby CNC now. One of my machinist is a giant HAAS and the other a Tormach.

Here are a few more gems for Throwback Thursday!

The first "Mini" 12"x5"x5" - Amazing the difference!

16043340931_cf8f708af4_z.jpgcd41236c by Dave Fason, on Flickr

My pendant idea well before they were out in the market - This one was far to much to machine.

16044583452_4e1005240f.jpg03286c81 by Dave Fason, on Flickr

15858013800_4a5d465a37_b.jpg8a37ff28 by Dave Fason, on Flickr

Second run of OLED controllers using old CAT drivers. These were terrible :D

15423012974_a0e0ebec18_z.jpg67a2057b by Dave Fason, on Flickr

First Mini with the first DUO

15857836888_72db4bb151_z.jpg8a0b1fde by Dave Fason, on Flickr

DA BEAST - First huge LED array. I think I was also one of the first to really ever do this.

15859523577_f2dd4cec18_z.jpg74af0807 by Dave Fason, on Flickr

15859524447_20f676d60e_z.jpg1d4cbd0e by Dave Fason, on Flickr

I am also getting into home lighting. Here is a overhead light I made for our house.

15367966471_d176e90cfd_h.jpgUntitled by Dave Fason, on Flickr

And the random food for the day. Momofuku Bagel bomb knock offs I made. Homemade everything bagel, wrapped in cream cheese, scallions and bacon!

11179113494_5cc48cdf1e_c.jpgUntitled by Dave Fason, on Flickr

Sk8n Reefer

Looking great as usual Dave, great idea to branch out into home lighting?. I am excited to see my hybrid- were gonna grow some large coral ?

Holy cr.. what a great story. Knew some backround but its great to see the whole story. Coming from the machinist backround isnt it amazing to fabricate something from a raw chuck of material. After 26+ years of making prototypes for everything from lasers to xray and mammogram machines I still love the creative rush. Good luck an best wishes.

I will have to dig it up. I was able to put 18 LEDs in that sucker!

Got any shots of the guts of that pendant? That sucker looks awesome.

Thanks so much. Creativity is what keeps me rolling.

Holy cr.. what a great story. Knew some backround but its great to see the whole story. Coming from the machinist backround isnt it amazing to fabricate something from a raw chuck of material. After 26+ years of making prototypes for everything from lasers to xray and mammogram machines I still love the creative rush. Good luck an best wishes.

Put it on my tab. ;)

So when are you going to start shipping those Nano Box Bagels?

Archived