ReefCleaners.org

cdnano24 is a thief

thunderfun91

I've been selling on eBay since like 1999 and I've never had a problem printing a ups label from paypal's website. both before merging with eBay and after.

and according to his nr profile he is in fl.

I know that name, dave wagoner.

Something I'm remembering about 10 years back, on another site.

Stated he was from FL then.

Trouble with a sale. Never resolved as I remember.

Wow, looks like there is quite the trend here. Has anyone contacted a mod or Chris? I know that NR is not liable at all, but at the very least they can terminate the guys account here.

• 2 weeks later...
jamescstein

To prevent stuff from this happening in the future, I really think someone needs to make a sticky with a warning about sending payments via PayPal as a "gift". I am quite new here, but I have yet to see any mention to this in either of the sales forums. If I wasn't made aware of this through Planted Tank, I too would have fallen for this scam. I feel sorry for the people who have lost money to this guy.

fyi.. Top post

Hardware

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/287968-paypal-or-no-transaction/

Livestock

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/287969-paypal-or-no-transaction/

Been there since 2011.

pewpewkittah

Regardless of how long those posts have been there, they say nothing about NOT sending payments as gifts. that is one of the issues.

Agreed. In the Livestock Classifieds there is some mention of it below the main post in a reply. But, I think it needs to be made aware in the beginning of the post, not as a reply. I've noticed people pay more attention to the OP rather then the replies.

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx- FBI Internet Crime unit

Get the IP address from NR. Add that in your report. This will teach him a lesson and end his internet scamming hobby.

They will simply trace the IP to his provider which will release his name and address to the FBI. He will get prison time because he is committing a class D felony because it is a minimum of $500 stolen.

HOLY SHIT! This dude tried to scam me!

That's interesting. Cdnano24 tried saying something similar to me. Maybe they are the same person.

Him: I'm going into work now but can drop off at UPS store later today.

My paypal email is chad24duke@yahoo.com
Send as friend payment than im using my shipping account "also for my taxes."
Ill than also be able to use paypals UPS shipping label with tracking.
UPS okay with you than?
Me: Do you mind if I send as "Pay for Goods and Services"? I can pay the fees. Gives me some ease of mind to have Buyer Protection :).(Three days later) Hello? Are you not okay with that?
Him: Going to need to contact paypal and change my setup for shipping account than. Not sure if thats possible.
Me: I am confused with what you're referring to. You mean you've registered your account to ship via UPS? And that requires me to send money as a "Gift and Friends/Family"? I've sent packages via PayPal before. When the buyer sends the money as "Goods and Services" I have the option to select a button that says 'Print a Shipping Label". It automatically enters in the buyers PayPal address and sends them a tracking number in a email when its completed.
Him: (crickets)

He said the EXACT same thing to me after I paid him for a product and he wanted more out of me for shipping. I told him to kick rocks and refund my money. He did.

see my issue is why do the buyer have to pay the fee when we already spending money on corals and shipping. and from my understanding is the term and condition clearly said that the seller must paid the fee for using paypal service. I get easily discourage when someone want me to pay the fee and yes im petty since I'm paying for something that i can't inspected myself or dealer is few states away from me

see my issue is why do the buyer have to pay the fee when we already spending money on corals and shipping. and from my understanding is the term and condition clearly said that the seller must paid the fee for using paypal service. I get easily discourage when someone want me to pay the fee and yes im petty since I'm paying for something that i can't inspected myself or dealer is few states away from me

If someone tells me to pay 3% to cover the fee 9 times out of 10 I end the transaction right there. You are the seller. The fee is part of doing business. Stop being a cheapass seller lol

Red flag #1 - send money as gift. Red flag #2 - buyer pays fee.

HOLY SHIT! This dude tried to scam me!

He said the EXACT same thing to me after I paid him for a product and he wanted more out of me for shipping. I told him to kick rocks and refund my money. He did.

See my post #24.

Red flag #1 - send money as gift. Red flag #2 - buyer pays fee.

See my post #24.

I have no problem sending money as a gift to certain people on here. There are quite a few great people on here I would trust.

I saw your post. People are assholes.

Is it possible that this personis also JMcollins24? Both are from florida, this is all happening around the same time, the theif here seems to have multiple accounts/names, and the name24 seems an awful too odd to be coincidence

Cencalfishguy56

Is it possible that this personis also JMcollins24? Both are from florida, this is all happening around the same time, the theif here seems to have multiple accounts/names, and the name24 seems an awful too odd to be coincidence

I was thinking the same exact thing, what the hell

HarryPotter

Pm a mod or have Chris do an IP check on those user names to be sure.

I haven't seen any moderators here on NR :lol: its weird. On other sites (Cough ReefCentral) the moderators make SURE you know they are a moderator, via badges, sig, or in the comment itself. Its nice here :)

Hey StevieT-

Any way you can make a Package for the RL-45? Im thinking two media baskets and the refugiums (same as one for innovative 38).

Im also going to order some Chemi-Pure Blue, since I heard it makes water REALLY wet. (Not just damp, but REALLY soaking!)

Archived