Coral Vue Hydros

A Minimalist Reef

bobssecrtsn

they get fed 2x a night on weekdays and 3x a day on weekends. they all seem to get along but one by one the females stopped eating. I dosed prazipro so hopefully that will fix whatever issue they are having.

Do you ever see them Jaw locking? It really looks disturbing even though its normal for them to do, or the male abusing more? Try to stay away from the tank and inspect them and dont let them see your reflection through the glass, If so, You might want to seperate them until the female starts eating again. I think one may be getting picked on to much

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you ever see them Jaw locking? It really looks disturbing even though its normal for them to do, or the male abusing more? Try to stay away from the tank and inspect them and dont let them see your reflection through the glass, If so, You might want to seperate them until the female starts eating again. I think one may be getting picked on to much

I haven't seen the female for 3 days now. It's probably gone. I have never seen them fight or chase each other though.

At this point, should I buy 2 more females or just let the male be by himself?

I haven't seen the female for 3 days now. It's probably gone. I have never seen them fight or chase each other though.

At this point, should I buy 2 more females or just let the male be by himself?

Quick question, did your female look like it had a elongated dorsal spine?

I would wait it out and see how the male does for a few weeks. If the male is fine for a month, if hes good. then he's a bit aggressive. adding 3 more might just have the perish slowly over time. you should do this

A. wait about a month, if male is good then hes really aggressive

1. sale the male and get 4 females and let them figure out whose going to be the dominate one,

2. keep the male and get 3 females, but the male may be very territorial by himself

B. get 3 females and see the outcome.

C. make sure you don't see a a hint of elongated dorsal spine of any of the females. ( indication if a turning male ) and of course. QT. Make sure you get them at a reputable fish store, That may have them for 1-2 weeks. And EATING frozen! observe them eat as well.

Quick question, did your female look like it had a elongated dorsal spine?

A. wait about a month, if male is good then hes really aggressive

nope, I got them all as females and only one turned and it was very apparent. The other females showed no signs of turning. What do you mean if he's good for a month, then hes really aggressive?

nope, I got them all as females and only one turned and it was very apparent. The other females showed no signs of turning. What do you mean if he's good for a month, then hes really aggressive?

I mean if theres no sign of not eating heavy breathing, then that might be why the other females died. If thats the case then adding more females will help some. that's what I would think :huh:

Love those gangly sticks. :wub:

Thanks Kat, If you see anything you like I would not hesistate to trade for your katropora :D or just outright buy one from you!

Hey Bob, REALLY love this tank. Great work. Can I ask what kind of filtration your running? Looks like just GFO and skimmer?

Hey thanks Chip :lol: I'm also running Matrix, by seachem I believe, Its basically live rock but alot more porous with less space involved. That and a refugium that just opened up :rolleyes:

Archived