Top Shelf Aquatics

** Chemi Pure Blue Nano is HERE **

inTank

Would you still use the purigen also?

You don't really need to since it has something like Purigen inside of it. It's basically like putting Chemi Pure Elite and Purigen together.

reefernanoman

I noticed that you shipped from Tujunga? Cool, my aunt lives in Tujunga. I frequented that place when I used to live in southern California

I noticed that you shipped from Tujunga? Cool, my aunt lives in Tujunga. I frequented that place when I used to live in southern California

We ship from a suburb near Milwaukee, in Wisconsin

reefernanoman

My Intank media basket for my Fusion 10G is a very good partner for the Chemipure Blue Nano. Thanks again Stevie for the fast shipping!

20150416_094152.jpg20150416_114049.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Steve,

Would you recommend two for a IM Nuvo 10 if actual system volume is closer to 7.5g? Also I have been changing out the 5.5oz bag every 2 months on average; does this need to be changed more frequently, or is two months still okay? (obviously a lot of this depends on bio load, but as a general rule of thumb?)

How often should you change out Chemipure Blue? I would think it lasts longer than Elite because purigen lasts a long time before it needs to be recharged or changed.

Steve,

Would you recommend two for a IM Nuvo 10 if actual system volume is closer to 7.5g? Also I have been changing out the 5.5oz bag every 2 months on average; does this need to be changed more frequently, or is two months still okay? (obviously a lot of this depends on bio load, but as a general rule of thumb?)

I'd run two. It's about the best thing to fit in the basket anyway unless you wanted to run this with a different media. More isn't going to hurt anything.

There are so many factors but you should be fine with changing every 2 months. The package does state closer to 1 month.

How often should you change out Chemipure Blue? I would think it lasts longer than Elite because purigen lasts a long time before it needs to be recharged or changed.

The packaging says 1 month, yet it all depends on bioload. I would think you could get a little longer life than that. Any GFO like substance for phosphates will be spend though longer than 3-4 weeks. So depends on what you are after it catching the most of. The purigen like pellets should last longer than 1 month.

If you guys need more details than that shoot a note to Boyd. I'm just the acrylic guy ;)

• 1 month later...

Is 1 bag enough for fluval spec v or do I need 2?

1 bag would be fine. Treats up to 5 gallons per packet.

Archived