SaltCritters.com

How are holes made?

inTank

Mr. Microscope

What do you do with all those little circles that get cut out? I imagine you could fill a swimming pool with them by now. 'Do a Scrooge McDuck style dive into a vault of acrylic coins.

buckeyereefer

What do you do with all those little circles that get cut out? I imagine you could fill a swimming pool with them by now. 'Do a Scrooge McDuck style dive into a vault of acrylic coins.

I would assume they are recycled. I have never worked in acrylic shops. but have been in plastic injection an all sort of machine shops. all is recycled.

I would assume they are recycled. I have never worked in acrylic shops. but have been in plastic injection an all sort of machine shops. all is recycled.

Seriously doubt it. Definitely this:

Do a Scrooge McDuck style dive into a vault of acrylic coins.

LOL They all get recycled. You get paid just like any other scrap material with some value.

I have used some in planters around the house, some go into show displays or on the bottom of tanks at the shows. But ultimately it sucks because the laser has to cut with paper on top, and no paper on the bottom. So if you want an all green hole you have to peal one side of every one....

I must get asked 100 times at a show "What are those holes from" While they are surrounded by media baskets.

what size are the larger holes? acrylic frag disc size?

16 mm. 3/16" thick.

Any value there in a frag disc?

Archived