Top Shelf Aquatics

The Kirt's Piece of The Ocean - IM Fusion 10 - New Pics & Bounce Shroom

Bella's Reef

I just have some dead sps & frogspawn skeletons in the bottom of the middle chamber with chaeto and a light on it, pretty basic and straight forward.

Thanks! Sorry for more questions...

What kind of light are you using over the 2nd chamber? If you have a chance could you get a pic?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bella's Reef

Rio Mini Sun for Refugium

IMG_20150709_200500_zpsueo50s0z.jpg

IMG_20150708_223824_zpsxpmvbt1i.jpg

A couple older pictures of the tank, just got the RW-4 today doing great so far but will put the 12v supply on it tomorrow.

Bella's Reef

RW-4 and 12v power supply and I am running it and full power at W1 and on higher speed! Bubble tips looking super happy, posted two vids on Ig __s_e_a_n

RW-4 and 12v power supply and I am running it and full power at W1 and on higher speed! Bubble tips looking super happy, posted two vids on Ig __s_e_a_n

Good to know!

Where did you get the 12v power supply?

I have the same tank with an RW-4 and have it on the lowest speed W-1. Would be cool to be able to use more of the features!

• 2 weeks later...
Bella's Reef

Quick shot from this weekend, need to start fragging some Cherry Charms and Mohawks. The new acans are doing great and I have some large yuma and rhodactis shrooms at a friends house that will be going into the tank within a week.

20290970885_1c9ca0ed1c_h.jpgQuite day in the Reef by sean kirt, on Flickr

Bella's Reef

Going to be cleaning up the sandbed a bit today and doing some reorganizing before a water change. Moving the Green Grape BTA rock over by the other Nems and making the right side dedicated to zoas, palys, acan, shrroms and lps.

I got the two rainbow Rhodactic shrooms acclimated last night and into the tank, they look great - new pics soon.

Looks awesome. I am jealous. I definitely need some more coral. Looking for a 12v power supply so I can better use this RW-4!

How is the fuge going for you? Do you think it is helping at all?

You are awesome! I read through your thread again and saw that you got your 12v power supply from an old router. I have a ton of those and went to the garage. Found a power supply for an old netgear and gave it a try. It works!!! Thanks for the advice.

Bella's Reef

Not a problem Huffy, been more than happy with the flow.

Thanks GTi - chemipure, Nano part a and b and water changes and everything is happy. I use Salinity salt and couldn't be happier.

tank looks great! how did you get the RW-4 to work out so well? I tried mine in there on W1 lowest settings and my rics were furious. Maybe I need to angle it differently?

Bella's Reef

Thanks I appreciate it. I swapped out the a 12v power supply from a old modem and highly suggest it, works great!

• 3 weeks later...

No FTS .. things have been super hectic with getting our home ready to sell, selling it and then looking for a new home. I did not do a water change for like 2+ weeks and had a cyano outbreak. Did a 4 gallon change a week ago and doing a 5 gallon change tonight.

I will try and get a new FTS as well as Top Down ASAP. Some exciting news I am going to set up a 7 gallon cube with a False Peacock Mantis Shrimp with a AI Nano light. Transferring over the GSP rock and some random frags that don't sell or go to the LFS.

Looks great! Have you posted an FTS recently? It looks like things are getting nice and full :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived