inTank Media Baskets

PDR

Hydroids on the glass wouldn't worry to much I went through that phase, big bloom of them but they will pass. Currently I've been over run by flat worms. I highly recommend flat worm exit if they ever enter your main tanks. All looks well too.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hydroids on the glass wouldn't worry to much I went through that phase, big bloom of them but they will pass. Currently I've been over run by flat worms. I highly recommend flat worm exit if they ever enter your main tanks. All looks well too.

Carefyl with Flatworm exit, my LFS lost almost all of their Anemones after using it.

Be warned:

Over two weeks ago we treated our holding systems with Salifert Flatworm exit and it caused an almost total wipeout of our rock flower anemones and Florida ricordea. After several water changes and carbon media replacement we have got the situation under control. The minute we noticed our nems dying we started transfering them to other systems that were not treated and some of them came back, but a large majority did not make it.

This along with the sales of Reefapalooza and many other orders have left us totally wiped out of nems. We will hopefully start collecting again in the next few weeks, weather permitting.

All the other corals in these two (500 Gallons each) holding systems were totally unafected as expected after treatment. Salifert flatworm exit continues to be our choice of medication for eradicating theses pests, but it is not recommended for RFA's or Florida ricordea.

We will make an announcement once we have collected enough to satisfy the demand for these beauties.

Thanks for your support,

VIP Reef

Yeah that woul be cool, and to Harry , yes you have to make sure that your paying attention when your using the product. I like to use it double dosage an I get a net and a power head and let them collect as much as I can in my net and do it till I get less and less. That assures they don't all settle in the tank then release there toxins which in mass amounts will kill other organisms then I do a water change then I run carbon in my filtter for an hr and I've done this 3 times because most likely if you have flat worms they will not totally go away . Now back to the thread get stone photos when you can man :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived