Top Shelf Aquatics

Marks 20 long merger

Markburns43

Markburns43

Thanks man, looking back on some old photos still being young its coming along good, I recently switched to red sea pro salt and I really like it and a lot of my corals seem to be looking fuller and happier, I've also been raising the intensity up seeingseems to be helping aswell, I'm getting new zoa grownacan growth and my euphilyias are fully extending so I'm happy, I feed a couple times a week and some times when I'm not busy change the water bi weekely, still changing my floss when it turns brown and I'm stil using the chemi pure blue, nitrates stay around 5 I'm assuming inhave trace of phos nothing shows up up api test but my macros grow and no browing of my littke bitnof sps I have, nothing impressive with the sps growth just color and polyp ext, so I'm just trying to keep it balanced. I did move my birdnest closer tonthe light along with my acro frag , well see if I can get growth from them.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Markburns43

New pictures tonight I grabbed a new euphilyia and a new monti, and I have two new fish additions, returned my six line for two more peacefuk less dominant tank mates for my pictus blenny!

New pictures tonight I grabbed a new euphilyia and a new monti, and I have two new fish additions, returned my six line for two more peacefuk less dominant tank mates for my pictus blenny!

Looking forward to seeing the new euphilya.

Markburns43

=( still hot happy today I moved it to a different location see how it manages there letnit acclimate alittke more, then ill get the photos I promise. =)

ProtectDa2nd

I got a frogspawn last week, two heads rather small. After a couple hours in my tank it blew up almost 3x's the size it was in the frag tank at the LFS. I don't want to move it though in fear that it might close up It looks super happy with med light and mid to high flow.. you get a torch?

Markburns43

You can see its pissed, kinda deflated on one side, I checked this morning and its no longer deflated, so ill check after work today see if its happier, to the mid right you can see the setosa I picked up as well small frag from a big mother colony I saw in the store and thought was cool. Thats happy with polyps popping out. post-86551-0-41789000-1429017858_thumb.jpg

Its a gold torch one I've been wanting for awhile

Markburns43

Yeah well half the torch bailed on me but the other side which i believe to be a different head within the same branch is still alive and looking better.

I personally was digging the frogspawn on the "stage left" side. Sweet looking tank though. Out of all the euphyllias I've had, the torch variety have given me the most trouble. Good luck!

Markburns43

Same here then i was thinking putting my frog and hammer and the torch on stage right. Then it started bailing, i tihink it was my fault, we went to a lfs which was an hr away from my buddys appartment then another 25 mins to me and my girlfriends appartment so it was in a bag for the duration of buying and shopping eating at the mall then when i got home it was late and i didnt dip or acclimate like i should have and i didnt think my lights were that strong to need to dim being i put it at the bottom on sand, and it started deflating on the left side and then the other seemed good no brown jelly no guts spewed from whatvi could tell and the polyps started pulling off thats prior to it being deflated i moved it to a shady spot dimme the lights and it still got worse, so i said maybe flow is to much so i put in lower flow away from the mp 10 seemed good polyps came out and today its all pissed again so im done moving it ill leave the lights lowered , and all i did this morning was replace my chemipure blue and pads. Lets see huh?

As for pest what should i be looking for?? I dont think it has to do with pest becuase it happened so fast

• 3 weeks later...
Markburns43

Month later shot sorry for the delay to any one curious, picture curtiously taken by shawn08. I have other pictures to put up but this will have to do for now. All i have to say is im happy where my tank is at now for the moment and im enjoying it for the most part.

Sub'd. Nice to see a fellow 10G. I was this II close to getting a 20L today and decided I'm in love with my lil 10 gal.

• 1 month later...
Markburns43

Long over due post , I went back to creeping the site and reading and following others, I've been in a war against gha, its been long one. Along the way I learned I needed more filtration, I needed to get my water from a more credible source, I learned a tooth brush can be used for more than teeth and I learned most importantly you don't give up when your tank is displeasing to look at. I'm slowly but surely winning this fight and I'm starting to see bare rock beneathe the clumps of dieing algae , that is all for now.

Markburns43

So I went with an aq70 and I added a aquaticlife 115 skimmer to it and some purigen, filter floss I've been pulling lots of nasty out and I'm glad It is, I have a few more corals and an anenome! I'll get some pictures tonight with my new phone which now can take a decent picture lol-

How is the GHA coming along? I learned a long time ago that one of the best tools in this hobby is the glorious toothbrush.

Markburns43

I've battled this in My fresh water upon starting the tank and I can say this is a challenge, driving me nuts ahhaha on a good note I do enjoy it and if I can beat this it will be well worth it.

Archived