Coral Vue Hydros

Marks 20 long merger

Markburns43

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Markburns43

I have an update. I have some corals I got from the local frag farmers markett I hope tomattend another. I also picked up a couple fish. One being a pictus blenny its hard to get a good shot every time i do its like he knows i want one. Right now as I type he comes waddlin ng out front and spits sand. Lol post-86551-0-74583700-1426031909_thumb.jpg

Markburns43

Heresan updated shot. I found a nice 3 head frogspawn, a green and purple hammer, I got a colony of mix zoas and a single zoa frag (looks like a perfect rainbow)

post-86551-0-19794200-1426032307_thumb.jpg

Markburns43

How long does the diatom bloom normally take before it recides? Water parameter stay stable. 5 ppm nitrate 0 phos 0 on all others ph stays at 8.2 kh stays at 7-8 salinty normally 1.024 to 1.025, temp 78 and I do a 2 gallon change on sundays try to clean the sand srcub glass and replace filter floss. I run some phosguard and renew for now. No signs of other algaes present. So that will do it for now

Markburns43

Well it seems the diatom bloom is slowing down about a month it took. As fast as i could clean it it would come back. Lol. Well im looking forward to the aging of this tank. Seems like im at step one of reefing and all i can say is im glad i read and read and lurked before starting. Its the best and only advise to give some one before starting. Thanks nano reef:). Well the weekends coming thinking about the warmer weather is always a positive. What a long cold winter.

Great that the cycle is over! I'm excited to see this tank mature. Remember to destroy any hair algae or cyano as soon as you see it. Or you might end up like me!

Markburns43

Lol sorry I was on my phone. It doesn't show them. Also for an update I just got my order from reef cleaners and they did a great job packaging and even threw in a heating pad to keepnthem warm . Everything acclimated beforengoing in and there all moving around I wasnsurprised.

Markburns43

Well the tank is going good so far. Diatoms are under control no more growth. I'm using chemipure blue and filter floss and what a diffrrence in water quality. I'm very happy, nitrates are about 2.5 undetectable phosphates ph is steady at 8.2 and kh staying within 7 to 8. I picked up a calcium checker and I'm staying around 440 to 460. I'm assuming mag is fine for now. Corals are very happy. I took off friday and decided I'd go get my ro bucketts filled at the lfs, guys are cool to talk to and bs. I do the usual walk around see what's new and I look into there frag tank. Sign says " huge sps blow out" 40 dollars a frag. I thought I was looking at white sticks only a few showed very little life. And everything on bottm rack looked okay butnits just to expensive for not knowing what your really getting at 30 to 40 a pop. So i passed on them. I get talking and we take alook backni the tank the workerr has some nice fish within the big frag tank. Starts showing me his mandarin eill eat frozen he trained and then some other mandarins in another tank so on some scooter blennies all excepted frozen and loved it. Okay well that's all fine and really cool. But there was this one frag I just had to ( want to) save. I believe it to be a sortmof birdsnest. It looked to be in poor shape nearly dead missing polyps al over. so I say hey are any of these even alive joking. And he says I doubt it but i dont know anything about spsanyways but from what they look like now I'd say there spent. I said throw me a deal in this ok ne that's barely alive and I want these twomthat still had color whether they were browned out or just colored dark I wanted them thrown in there. Cut it short I got them for 10 bucks. I believe to have a green polyped birdsnest and a staghorn and a bushy acropora. Ill post pics. I knew it was an up hill battle but for 10 dollars! Ill try it. Anyways I got home tonight its been a couple days since they've been in there. Imlook at the nearly dead birdsnest and its polyps that are still alive are fullu extended and well inguess it just made me happy. The staghorn is lossing color duento being close to thenlight and not adjusted well doni dimmed them some and the bushy acro I have looks the same so we will see and ill try and get picks up.

Markburns43

I stopped down to a new salt water fish store my buddy found and i got some cool stuff i need to get pictures of but its a shame becuase i cant take decent pictures. Its like you need to just be there and see in person lol

• 2 weeks later...
Markburns43

Okay I haven't posted some pictures in awhile and done an update becuase I was mad that I couldn't take decent pictures, so i will have some uploaded soon!

Okay I haven't posted some pictures in awhile and done an update becuase I was mad that I couldn't take decent pictures, so i will have some uploaded soon!

Bad pictures are better than no pictures.It would be nice to see the progression of your tank.

Markburns43

I have small small frags one a type of birdsnest and some sort of acropora I got almost dead so I'm bringing them back to life and there nestled in there up top.

The top top of the rock has some left over zoas I put into some crevises to see if the light is to much and if not maybe they will spread

Archived