Pod Your Reef

Uphoric's IM Fusion 10 Added NanoBox Tide! 27/1/16

Uphoric

reefernanoman

How long did you leave it in the vinegar? Also how much vinegar did you use? I just tried it and it didn't work :(

I used quite a lot. I just dunked the skimmer half way into a juice pitcher and then turned it upside down to get the other end. It still went crazy for about a week later though. Water changes help too.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used quite a lot. I just dunked the skimmer half way into a juice pitcher and then turned it upside down to get the other end. It still went crazy for about a week later though. Water changes help too.

Ahh k, Ill give it a week then if its still happening ill try another vinegar bath. I didn't use that much vinegar...about 15-20% vinegar and ill do a big water change tomorrow.

Thanks again :)

UPDATE! :D
New corals
Added a duncan, hammer and few more morphs
Photos aren't great bit of salt creep and still have microbubbles (slightly improved)

Think I'm done with live stock in this tank, maybe just a few more zoa frags and may try a couple peices of SPS.
Any tips for stocking SPS in this tank? Should I add more flow? Also what are some easier to keep SPS?
Still getting a little bit of cyano but its a lot less than before.

IMG_5226.jpg

IMG_5227.jpg

And a sneak pic of my RSM130D Tunze 9001 has a huge microbubble problem as well. Just wanted to show the scape, went for a similar minimalist look like my fusion.

Ordering some LEDs for it from Dave Fason I beleive its similar to what goes into the nano box.

DSC_0327.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Microbubbles gone now and skimmer is working well again. Added Jebao wp10, used a 12v adapter instead of the 24v adapter it comes with, the flow is much better now.
Ordered some SPS will be here Tuesday :)

Replaced Hydrofill ATO with Tunze nano osmolator. It is way better.

IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

Heres a short video :)

https://youtu.be/VUDvqtjOQoY

Wow looking good! Would this tank be big enough for just one clown?

This tank will be fine for one clown, Ive had two in there for a while now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Its been a while since I've updated.

Lost a clown but recently added a damsel which has been getting along fine with my clown thankfully.

Heres a short video.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice tank! glad your posting again! I just set up a IM fusion 10 on sat to upgrade my fluval spec III (its a 2.6gallon). I'm looking for a reliable ATO and I'm thinking about the Tunze Osmolator Nano 3152, is that the ATO you have? if so, are you still liking it? does it over/under fill?

reefernanoman

Lost a clown but recently added a damsel which has been getting along fine with my clown thankfully.

Heres a short video.

Looks really nice! Congrats.

Heres a short video.

How do you pan from left to right like that? I'm still learning how to edit videos. Thanks.

Just finished reading your build here, and I'm blown away with the growth of it in just 10 months. I haven't gotten started on my build yet but have started buying pieces of the puzzle. I lost a RSM in the divorce so I'm downsizing again. Great coral growth, the clown and damsel looking good too. Hate to hear about loosing your other clown.

• 2 weeks later...

24347988960_3e9fbcfc40_k.jpgNano box installed by daryl nelson, on Flickr

Still playing with the settings love it so far!

Nice tank! glad your posting again! I just set up a IM fusion 10 on sat to upgrade my fluval spec III (its a 2.6gallon). I'm looking for a reliable ATO and I'm thinking about the Tunze Osmolator Nano 3152, is that the ATO you have? if so, are you still liking it? does it over/under fill?

Tunze ATO is really good havent had any problems. Just have to make sure the pump doesnt run dry.

Looks really nice! Congrats.

How do you pan from left to right like that? I'm still learning how to edit videos. Thanks.

I did the pan with just the youtube video editor :)

Sorry for the late replies.

Moving to college next month debating whether I should move my tank :/

• 4 weeks later...

42 degree weather, no chiller and no AC while I was at college and both fish died :(. Devastated since starting the hobby ive always wanted a damsel and clown together but they would never get along.

Thinking of 1 six line wrasse once the weather cools down.
Got an ATO reservoir made perfect size to fit in an ottoman :) will post pics soon.

Archived