Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Uphoric's IM Fusion 10 Added NanoBox Tide! 27/1/16

Uphoric

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is the nuvo 10 enough for keeping 2 full grown clowns? or are you planning on moving them as they get bigger?

They're fine for now. Might separate them in the future once my larger reef is up and running. :)

Is a 10g too small for 2 clowns? How about a yellow tail damsel?

Not sure about the damsel, but a 10g is fine for a pair of clowns while they're still little which is awhile. Most people have upgrade plans so the clowns can be transferred over

FML.....

My worst nightmare

I have cyano.

My nitrates were pretty high.

I did overfeed the last week.

My plan at the moment is:

-50% water change

-Leave lights off for 3 days

-Minimal feeding

-Another 50% water change after 3 days

What do you guys think?

On a positive note I did at a touch coral and I've completely cleaned out my rsm 130 and it's cycling at the moment. The addiction is real haha.

i did the same thing in the beginning, take a look under chamber 1 and 2 see if theirs excess detrius build up... if so clean it, floss change more frequently. I did 10% a day without any problems.

porkchop-rob

My clowns have started hosting in my xenia haha

My pair used to host a large Frogspawn back when they were in the 20 gallon.

Tank looks good.

keep bringing the updates!

Sk8n Reefer

FML.....

My worst nightmare

I have cyano.

My nitrates were pretty high.

I did overfeed the last week.

My plan at the moment is:

-50% water change

-Leave lights off for 3 days

-Minimal feeding

-Another 50% water change after 3 days

What do you guys think?

On a positive note I did at a touch coral and I've completely cleaned out my rsm 130 and it's cycling at the moment. The addiction is real haha.

Keep stirring up or blowing off the area with cyano - get is suspended in the water column and let your floss pick it up- change your floss every other day for awhile till it cleans up?

Glued/epoxied most of my frags today, also used some string to tie a morph to my rock.

Looks a little messy at the moment but will clean it up tomorrow.

Still need to glue one more zoa frag and one of my torch corals. I've cleaned up my RSM 130 and will put the other torch head in there once cycled.
Either the epoxy or glue did something to my skimmer its going nuts at the moment. Microbubbles everywhere! :(

I'll add some more pictures once my skimmer calms down.
Cyano is completely gone, hope it stays gone :)

Also added a piece of live rock that had a weird hitchhiker snail. Sometimes in looks like it has a shiny white shell and other times the shell is cover buy what looks like coraline algae, its weird it looks like it can cover it shell on demand.
Any ideas what it is? will try to get some pics soon.

I've also swapped the chemi pure blue with purigen. I wanted to see how it would go.

Heres my latest FTS:

IMG_5218.jpg

Here's a sneak peak of my Red Sea Max :DIMG_5211.jpg

Rocks cycling

IMG_5214.jpg

reefernanoman

Glued/epoxied most of my frags today, also used some string to tie a morph to my rock.

Looks a little messy at the moment but will clean it up tomorrow.

Still need to glue one more zoa frag and one of my torch corals. I've cleaned up my RSM 130 and will put the other torch head in there once cycled.

Either the epoxy or glue did something to my skimmer its going nuts at the moment. Microbubbles everywhere! :(

I'll add some more pictures once my skimmer calms down.

Cyano is completely gone, hope it stays gone :)

Also added a piece of live rock that had a weird hitchhiker snail. Sometimes in looks like it has a shiny white shell and other times the shell is cover buy what looks like coraline algae, its weird it looks like it can cover it shell on demand.

Any ideas what it is? will try to get some pics soon.

I've also swapped the chemi pure blue with purigen. I wanted to see how it would go.

Heres my latest FTS:

IMG_5218.jpg

Here's a sneak peak of my Red Sea Max :DIMG_5211.jpg

Rocks cycling

IMG_5214.jpg

Upgrade already? LOL. Nice!

reefernanoman

Haha it's my old tank. Cleaned it out and set it up again :)

I did that with my 75G about 6 months ago, but I went back to freshwater african cichlid peacock tank. I had converted it to SW, but moved from CA to TX, so I sold the LS and kept the tank. It is an Oceanic with a super thick glass. I have never seen a tank with such a thick glass, but my RW8 was able to handle it. :lol:

Ive seriously been considering changing from my IM 10 over to a 20L and custom AIO or possibly sump it just so I can have more corals and fish....and its only been like 2 months since I got the first tank. :lol:

Haha, I came back into the hobby and just wanted a simple tank but you just get hooked straight away.

I'm pretty interested in the new red sea reefer tanks.

Looks great! Really digging the minimalist scape. Just started a new IM 10g Fusion tank myself. Awesome tank

Thanks, have you started a journal? would love to see it progress.

Thanks, have you started a journal? would love to see it progress.

No journals yet. I need to take some pictures. It's a little empty right now because I'm debating whether or not to make it a complete softies tank with nem or turn it into a full on sps tank and seed it with acros I have in my main tank now :)

Quick FTS before bed

Will be moving stuff around tomorrow, some of my nicer corals are hidden in the back :/
Used a rubber band on some morphs and it ended up splitting it into two :D

Will get a better shot tomorrow.

28ee260f-52fc-47dd-adcf-016bdc04bba1.jpg

reefernanoman

Ghost skim won't stop producing microbubbles now :(

Was working fine before.

Like you already figured out, it must be whatever you used to glue your frags! Tunze coral gum and super glue gel from loctite work great together for gluing corals without making your skimmer go nuts for two weeks. I had the same issue.

New shots moved the rock a bit and one of torches will be going into my RSM either tonight or tomorrow.

Having a little trouble with my tree coral, its sagging a lot and some of its color has gone into the sand :/

I think it may have been because the torch coral was touching it. I've moved it now, hoping it gets better.

IMG_5223.jpg

IMG_5222.jpg

IMG_5221.jpg

Like you already figured out, it must be whatever you used to glue your frags! Tunze coral gum and super glue gel from loctite work great together for gluing corals without making your skimmer go nuts for two weeks. I had the same issue.

How long did you leave it in the vinegar? Also how much vinegar did you use? I just tried it and it didn't work :(

Archived