Innovative Marine Aquariums

CUC for my new bc29 (now just my random questions)

fishfreak0114

fishfreak0114

My tank is sitting around 81 during the day and drops to 78 at night. It's only been 3 days since I got the clowns, so I guess I'll just wait and see. What can I do if they don't start to eat? Is it possible to frag zoas in the tank without messing up my scape?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My tank is sitting around 81 during the day and drops to 78 at night. It's only been 3 days since I got the clowns, so I guess I'll just wait and see. What can I do if they don't start to eat? Is it possible to frag zoas in the tank without messing up my scape?

not to my knowledge, palytoxin is no game and you could easily crash your entire tank trying, I'd say put them on an easily removable rock, that way there is far more control to be had on them.

If they still don't eat after 4 days be careful they could be sick, or just be a very grouchy pair. Returnee to the store should be last resort.

fishfreak0114

I have no store to bring them to anyways. Gonna try again tonight to feed them. My new zoas are doing good. 2 of the frags are already open.

fishfreak0114

It was flake food. They chased it again today, but didnt eat. I put the zoas on the arch.

I saw the clowns nip at the food this time. Not really eat, but a start

you might want to try a food like ROE. Since I have a decent amount of coral and some fish that seem to be picky this is a good food for both. I have never had much luck getting any of my marine fish to eat flake.

It was flake food. They chased it again today, but didnt eat. I put the zoas on the arch.

so long as their rock can be removed for fragging its good. Try some other good meaty snacks.
fishfreak0114

The rasta has disappeared. I think my trochus knocked it off. Im not blamingthe crab yet as I saw it by the frags more than once and it didnt even give them a second glance. Thoughts?

Would freeze dried mysis be good? Later this week I can probably source some sea food

depends, does they like the blood worms?

The rasta has disappeared. I think my trochus knocked it off. Im not blamingthe crab yet as I saw it by the frags more than once and it didnt even give them a second glance. Thoughts?

is the frag plug missing?
fishfreak0114

The plug is there but no zoa. I did some reading and it sounds like they occasionally do detach from their plug. The clowns didnt go for the blood worms.

fishfreak0114

Do you know how to change the title of the thread? I want to change it to "CUC for my new bc29 (now just my random questions)". The clowns nibbled at raw seafood soaked in garlic. Gonna try it again tomorrow. Sure hope they come around.

The plug is there but no zoa. I did some reading and it sounds like they occasionally do detach from their plug. The clowns didnt go for the blood worms.

true, but keep a sharp eye on the tank. Other live foods can also be pretty good, as was said before the shrimp

Do you know how to change the title of the thread? I want to change it to "CUC for my new bc29 (now just my random questions)". The clowns nibbled at raw seafood soaked in garlic. Gonna try it again tomorrow. Sure hope they come around.

good thinking with the garlic :) to change a thread name you click edit on the first post you made and the title can be changed
fishfreak0114

Well there's been a turn of events. My paly has a chunk missing and I only counted 8 out of ten radioactive polyps. Im sure that the rasta has been eaten. Im still not positive that the crab did it, but to be sure, I will be setting up my own temporary COWLR tank. I may make it a more permanent set up in the future. Or he will be deemed innocent and returned to the bc29. I'm gonna takedown the snail hatchery since nothing happening and set it up for leo. I dont know if it was him though because when I took out the palys and radioactive to be dipped to prevent infection, I saw a small buglike thing scurrying on the zoa arch. I think it was an isopod. I dont have any photos, but it was was brown/translucent, flat with two small antennas and it was really fast. Could it be the thing eating my zoas? Oh and it was about 3mm long and a mm wide. Sometimes I don't even know why I still keep fish. It just seems like an extra load of stress and a drain on the wallet.theclowns nibbled at clam soaked in garlic. Ordering an appetite stimulator today. I sure hope they start eating before I leave because im not gonna have any way to contact my mom to check on the tank. If I were to come back to my fish being dead again im just gonna give up on traveling.

ZOA spider? If not it is probably an isopod as you think. Many reefers have isopods in their tank and never will realize it since they tend to be more elusive and most are harmless. How many days till departure? Usually I make my tanks as stress free as I can, I make my own mathmatical formulas for maximum creatures with minimum space and minimum equipment. Most of it is educated guesswork but I don't get really any deaths from over stocking so I'm doing something right. I love vacations especially really long ones, I wouldn't sacrifice the new experiences and fun to be had. I can help with vacationizing your tanks most of it is oxygen consumption, surface area, ammonia release, plants and available space, a little space can go a long way.

fishfreak0114

I leave on saturday. Its not hioload or anything I worry about. Now its the clowns starving because theyre still not eating well and my frags being eaten. My mom should be able to handle it well. I told her where the premeasured salt is in case of emergency water change. She has had over 10 years with freshwatet too.

In a weeks time many things can change, the clown will likely get to eating before then. I don't feed my tanks more than 2-3 times a week, in part to the frogs tendency to over eat and become obese, and also from me being tired from school.

Good thing mother is experienced :)

You have a frogfish? I always thought they were really neat.

no African dwarf clawed frogs in the freshwater lol. My mistake, should have specified.

Many anurans have super efficient digestive systems meaning they don't need much food to put on weight

fishfreak0114

I used to have some kind of frog. Cant remember the name. I had three. One was missing a foot. I would definitely get them again. Theywere reallycool, but Im pretty sure they would eat my other things. Maybe a 5th tank? Lol

Archived