Innovative Marine Aquariums

CUC for my new bc29 (now just my random questions)

fishfreak0114

fishfreak0114

Does it kind of look like a long skinny strip that has horizontal stripes across it? Thats what the underside of mine looks like.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
fishfreak0114

Good to know. Any clue how big it will get. Also, it does this thing after the light go off ehere it goes on its back legs and goes along the glass-normal?

Do you think I acan get a tuxedo urchin, or is my tank too new? Same goes for shrimp.

Sorry for all the questions. :(

fishfreak0114

Is it too soon to add some zoas? Someone nearby is selling some for pretty cheap and they have some really nice rastas.

Good to know. Any clue how big it will get. Also, it does this thing after the light go off ehere it goes on its back legs and goes along the glass-normal?

Do you think I acan get a tuxedo urchin, or is my tank too new? Same goes for shrimp.

Sorry for all the questions. :(

they stay small, only around 4 cm, he's probably on the wall trying to find his way around, he should be fine. Tanks kinda new for an urchin, shrimp is fine. Questions are good :)

Is it too soon to add some zoas? Someone nearby is selling some for pretty cheap and they have some really nice rastas.

how cheap are you talking?
fishfreak0114

I believe it was like 15 a polyp. The list of prices was really blurry. Seemed like a good price to me. Ive seen them online for 40 a polyp before.

they had some other ones for even cheaper. How long do you think til I can get an urchin? A month, 2, more?

fishfreak0114

BTW, thanks for all the help. I really appreciate it. LOL :D were the only ones who have posted on here for a couple pages

I believe it was like 15 a polyp. The list of prices was really blurry. Seemed like a good price to me. Ive seen them online for 40 a polyp before.

they had some other ones for even cheaper. How long do you think til I can get an urchin? A month, 2, more?

pick the cheapest ones, maybe not the ZOA first. How much algae is in this tank?

BTW, thanks for all the help. I really appreciate it. LOL :D were the only ones who have posted on here for a couple pages

you are welcome :) it's been my pleasure.
fishfreak0114

Some diatoms and aa little hair algae on the one rock. Ive see my clean up crew working at it though. The funny thing, the hair algae never spread from that rock! Works for me. :)the glass needs cleaning a lot though. None of my current CUC ventures on to it. Do you think I could get a frag or two if theyre still available when I can go?

fishfreak0114

Are all serpent stars ref safe? Petland wasn't sure if they coukd get a harlequin serpent star in but they could get other ones. Not sure what kind. I was thinking of getting one with my next order.

fishfreak0114

I think I might just go for it. I need to give the guy some notice. I guess I can always cancel if need be.

Some diatoms and aa little hair algae on the one rock. Ive see my clean up crew working at it though. The funny thing, the hair algae never spread from that rock! Works for me. :)the glass needs cleaning a lot though. None of my current CUC ventures on to it. Do you think I could get a frag or two if theyre still available when I can go?

that should be fine

Also all brittle stars are considered reef safe anyways, you should be fine.

Not enough algae for an urchin now, they can eat quite a bit to what I read

fishfreak0114

Thanks, I will try to get a serpent star this week then, and some shrimp and any more of my CUC that they can get in. I'm getting 2 clowns today and ' if the guy replies, a couple frags of zoas.

fishfreak0114

this is the last week I can go in for a while anyway. A believe for almost a month. Is that long enough?

fishfreak0114

No, just a chain store petland. It's not great. I just get stuff in straight from their supplier and I pick it up the day it comes in

Pretty close to pacific ocean, also cold. That's no fun to take a long trip just for the store. Though most my stuff was picked up on road trips lol. I live in Sandusky Ohio, its not my preferred place at all.

fishfreak0114

I got my two clowns on the weekend and they won't eat. It's really starting to worry me. I've tried stopping both pump and powerhead and just one at a time. I've attempted to feed both flake and frozen bloodworms and they won't accept either. Is this normal or is something wrong? Here they are. Also, I was wondering about coral placement. There's an arch I created that I wanted to turn into a zoa garden, but i don't want the zoas to make their way to my main structure and take over. Would putting a euphyllia like a torch or something at the point where arch and main rock work meet help? I know euphyllia sting, so I was hoping that could keep zoas at bay. We're the clown is in the last photo is where I was thinking of putting one.

post-87248-0-63740100-1426110303_thumb.jpg

post-87248-0-77354100-1426110486_thumb.jpg

post-87248-0-81003200-1426110642_thumb.jpg

If I was able to go to the ocean, would anything I found not survive because of temp differences?

not necessarily, actually that is extremely unlikely if you let the temp change go slowly, like let it sit at room temperature for a few hours until it is equal to room temperature, then float the bag or jar they are in in the tank to further acclimate them. What temperature is your tank?

Also with the clowns its very normal for some fish to fast several days after their move, I've had some fish go almost two weeks without so much as looking at my food then one day they crack and gobble up what you gibe them if they are healthy. I'd be a little concerned if they don't eat after 5 days.

Archived