SaltCritters.com

Nano Tanks - DFW Looking to trade or buy

blide

hey me too!!! i'm in commerce right now which is fairly close to that area, and i wouldnt mind an hour drive to trade some frags. the only thing is that i'll be back to austin early to mid august, so if i'm gonna be in a trade it would need to be soon.

so....what you guys have?

I check the dfwmas forum also, but I really like the nano forum and wanted to meet new people. I will have some zoo's in the coming weeks and I have some Xenia right now. What do you guys have? Let me know if anyone want (Pink) very active Xenia!

Phiche Master

I got a bunch o corals..most are small or unfraggable. I got gsps, ysps, a flourescent green candy cane head, and I could prolly knock an arm off my green/yellow knobby tree. I also got a few colorful plants, and a bunch o chaeto......O btw was just on dfwmas and saw you wanted a shrimp, I dont have one, but I run an aquarium maintenance company and have a distributor! This can be helpful in your quest. Theyve got a bunch o corals and all the critters you could want. LMK

i have some zoanthids that i could try fragging. i havnt ever fragged them before and they havnt grown to other rocks but i could try cutting some off and gluing them to a rock. i also have 2 small orange ricordeas for trade (or sale), gsp, yellow gorgonian, and i could also try an frag my yellow figi leather if someone is interested.

Zoanthids are pretty easy to frag. Just use a razor and cut the mat around the polyps. I would think 5 to 6 polyps would be the smallest frag. Then you can glue them to a small rock and "Wahla" you're done. Check out garf.org for frag info. Let me know when you're ready and we can thermos trade priority mail to Austin should be cheap.

Phiche Master

actually I am involved in Kraphty's trade right now, so I gotta see what, if any, frags I have left after that. Prolly next week itll be done. you mentioned cash, you wanna sell um? If so, how much for 3-5 polyps of 1, 2, & 4? I should have sumthing left to trade, but I am just curious.

I just fragged 4 for someone, but 1 and 2.... I would say $2 a polyp. That's what I usually buy the small frags for at LFS. I really want to trade though because my zoo's just keep leaving my tank! Let me know I can meet you also, no shipping. I'm in Allen/Plano 2 to 3 times a week.

Phiche Master

bah 4 was the one I really wanted. Looks like the other trade is gunna happen very soon. I think he wants to go zoo for zoo x2...if that is the case I will have 1 3polyped frag o green/purples, 2 2poylped frags o gold/yellows ( bad pic, you cant really see the mouths ) and 1 fragged green/purple ric.....o and the pink/gsps which I can always frag(theyve got the red leg on them) link is here http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread...&threadid=35699

LMK if you could break off a couple mb 3 more polyps of #4

Josh

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Dallas reefers, I live near Preston and Frankford, looking for locals selling coral frags and small inverts. Also, anyone know of any local shops with fair prices? I love going to Dallas North Aquarium but I don't like spending so much $$$.

Check out Aquarium Services in Mesquite and the Fish Gallery in Dallas. I have been to every LFS in the area and these are my favorites. Dallas North is extremely expensive! (If they lowered their staff they might be able to cut prices, hehe) Let us know if you have any frags to sell or trade.

nice to see the DFW come out here, I'm in Fort Worth, I may have a candy cane and polyp frags i could trade, so what's out there? I'm interested in small frags suited for 5.5 gallon tank

Thanks Blide, I'll check those out. Don't have anything to sell or trade yet, just looking to buy right now. I have an acrylic 10 gal with some LR, a few snails, a damsel, an engineer goby, and a scooter blenny. Its been set up for about 2 months now, so I'm looking to add some corals. Got some tiny stuff sprouting out of my live rock but I can't tell what it is yet.

Phiche Master - sorry, don't know a sonny bryans.

Archived