inTank Media Baskets

Ecotech Vortech Discussion / Feedback

StrainedSky

I'm just tired of dumb threads. I don't even care who is better or not - neither of them are. They push water, different patterns. Done. Koralias do the same thing, with less bells and whistles. Some people only use return nozzles. Flow is flow. There is no evidence at all that "random" flow is better for corals in our tanks.

This shit is worse than the over-asking of noob questions. At least those have a point and we're helping people by answering them. In THESE threads, people just spin circles of shit logic and clog up my thread feed.

You said 10x better for reasons 1 and 2. That requires a quantification. Otherwise it's simply an opinion, not a fact. As far as the issues I listed, they are still issues that bother some people and cause problems. I don't care what pumps people use, I'm just pointing out problems in your logic. You also said that the electronics were better. Maybe the electronics are cheaper because they were made in China to begin with so they didn't have to pay shipping and tax? Or maybe the electronics ARE better. Or maybe the cost of doing business in the US is more and Ecotech is trying to get more profit? Are all the parts for the Ecotech MPs manufactured 100% in the US? Every part? Maybe Ecotech charges what they charge because they pretty much had the only pump in that level in the market, so they could afford to sell for that price? I bet people in China get great service from Jebao. I wonder if Chinese customers who own MPs have the same kind of experience with customer service with Ecotech as we do here in the US?

You keep drawing conclusions that are nothing more than subjective. MPs are great. Jebaos are great for other people.

Don't like my opinion? Don't start up or participate in shitty threads that are pointless and serve only to troll.

Wow, you are one of TWO people to get really shi$$ty on here......who's a troll?

Good God.... Feeling rather elitist today, are we?

Elitest how? I use a wide variety of powerheads and pumps. You might wanna use a different word based on the definition of the one you chose.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never said you were a troll, I said these threads were for trolls. I also never said I WASN'T a troll. I dislike when people claim facts that are not actual facts. I also have no problem telling them that.

But hey, if you don't want an opinion or someone to point out problems with your logic, don't offer them in a public space. Everything I suggested COULD be true, we don't know. I like Ecotech a lot. I just don't think they are worth the price point anymore.

I never said you were a troll, I said these threads were for trolls. I also never said I WASN'T a troll. I dislike when people claim facts that are not actual facts. I also have no problem telling them that.

But hey, if you don't want an opinion or someone to point out problems with your logic, don't offer them in a public space. Everything I suggested COULD be true, we don't know. I like Ecotech a lot. I just don't think they are worth the price point anymore.

I already stated that they were expensive....... I am aware it is subjective.

I've observed both products, in person. There is no doubt that parts of the Jabeo are made with less quality. Companies don't make and sell things to make less profit. That means that Jebao is producing a product with material that costs less. I've felt the controller box on both, one is much less sturdy then the other. I've observed the modes, one has less/ more inferior modes. It's fairly simple logic IMHO.

For what it's worth, I am a mechanical Engineer.... I observe and work with products, materials, and manufacturing every day, to me, there is a clear cut difference.

Nickbruh510, on 30 Jan 2015 - 09:57 AM, said:Nickbruh510, on 30 Jan 2015 - 09:57 AM, said:

I ordered a jebaorw-4 and I contacted The seller because I never received the package I got another the very next day:) and found the first one under the living room table so two for 60$ im not complaining lol and I just sold my vortech I would never look back. I run halides and t5 combi with the jebao rw-4 in wave mode. I swear if you don't have radions like I did before then the whole ecotech-ecosystem doesn't really work for me. Back to the roots with halides and Chinese wave makers I'm happier than ever IMHO . That's just me though btw my tank is full blown sps and one huge rainbow NEM in a fLuval m-60. The mp-10s retain their value more but I can buy four pump for the price of one:) and if you buy the jbwave you can control on your tablet. Or control for apex so there is that control there:)

So you screwed the company an you're happy??

Hmmm.....

Wow, you are one of TWO people to get really shi$$ty on here......who's a troll?

Elitest how? I use a wide variety of powerheads and pumps. You might wanna use a different word based on the definition of the one you chose.

Confrontational then... Stop being so damn confrontational.

Just accept the fact that not everyone sees things like you do, end of.

I didn't see the value of the mps until I got my used mp10. I loved it so I decided to get the mp40. I love it too and they are both far from noisy. My overflow and fans on the leds make much more noise. I guess i got lucky :P

jedimasterben

I didn't see the value of the mps until I got my used mp10. I loved it so I decided to get the mp40. I love it too and they are both far from noisy. My overflow and fans on the leds make much more noise. I guess i got lucky :P

The issue is the bearings on them. The MP10 is the worst offender since it has a plastic housing with no ventilation, it just cooks the lubrication of the bearings. The MP40s have a metal case, but still doesn't do a good enough job of it. The MP60 is actively cooled, and I've never heard a single complaint about the bearings on it. There is a lot more motor noise from the MP60 since the motor is much stronger, but it's still not intolerable.

Who said Jebao is strong and forceful? Nothing wrong with that!

16405985745_59c4172c1e_z.jpg

And it's only on half power. Oh my what would happen on full power.

My issue with the gyre comes more from the fear of directional coral growth due to the constant single direction of strong flow(mainly in SPS)

SO

Instead of getting this

You could end up with this (this is a pic from a locals tank where the coral gets consistent directional flow in its current spot)

My issue with the gyre comes more from the fear of directional coral growth due to the constant single direction of strong flow(mainly in SPS)

SO

Instead of getting this

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

You could end up with this (this is a pic from a locals tank where the coral gets consistent directional flow in its current spot)

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Thus the brick wall effect :lol:

Archived