Pod Your Reef

jmt's project: pico

jmt

It was just a lamp. The bulb wasn't very bright either (10w 6500k screw-in).

The bulb hanging out of the fixture kind of screwed it up. Maybe if I grab a 70w 20k MH spot bulb....

I was at a thriftstore this weekend eyeing vases just like yours JMT. I think I may go with a circular one instead of square. They were only 2 bucks.

Looks dope though.

That's cool. The only thing with a non-square on is... i kinda hang the damn filter from it. Good luck tho, and post if you do it.

Ohhh, I wasn't even thinking about the filter. Yeah, maybe I'll stick to sqaure. Anything circular is going to have a distorted view anyways. Thanks for the heads up.

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

man i have a great maga zine for you... check out the issue of "Coral" from a couple of months ago... or you could check this out...

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread...&threadid=32422

I, also am going to be attempting this soon... i'm thinking about making a scale model of a full-out reef aquarium... sump, refugium, overflows, canister filters, MH, and even a mini skimmer... i'm into scale modeling and reefing, so i thought, why not???

i was thinking the main tank might be 1-2 gallons... big enough to build up a rock wall on the back of the tank... like my 18 gallon...

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread...0&pagenumber=15

Good luck man...

Originally posted by jmt

It was just a lamp.  The bulb wasn't very bright either (10w 6500k screw-in).

The bulb hanging out of the fixture kind of screwed it up.  Maybe if I grab a 70w 20k MH spot bulb....

They have PL bulb pendants(not the screw in types) but I think you could make one easy enough.

Extra tiny pulsing xenia frag. 5 heads form .5mm to 2mm in length. I had to count them with a magnifying glass.

5403ittybittyxenia.jpg

Originally posted by jmt

I'm comming for a visit tommorow.  I need some rock.  If you;re not too busy doing nothing, we can talk about it.

Nothing is what I do best. I wish I could do it all day long.

I'll be gone from 12:45 to 1:15 ,2:45 to 3:05,and 3:45 to 6:00.

II have to run my son around to different appoinments.

Looks cool, think I may do something similar when I go down to Puerto Penasco (Rocky Point, Mexico). They have some awsome porites corals that would look cool in a small setup like that.

More updates!

I added 1/2lb of rock today. And some inhabitants. I also got a lot of corals from Dave at Kermit's Reef in Memphis, TN. Thanks for the sh!t Dave :D.

Current Inhabitants:

1xCerinth Snail

1x Asterina Starfish (there are 2 more but they're hiding in the 16ga)

2xStomatella Snaill (one more hiding in the 16ga)

Pics:

5403picoscape1.JPG

5403picoscape2.JPG

5403picofraglets.JPG

The frags will go in the pico within the next few days. I just want to make sure the rubble is as cycled as I think it is.

As for the frags, you'll just have to wait to know what they are :).

-Justin

PS: The RPE and a Zoo Frag are going to qfour20. So count them out.

Justin, you're on a role! This is a great set up so far and I hope you keep it updated. The_Barbe-Hatten_Project what scale do you model stuff to? That would be awsome if you did a scale set up, but i think you just might be joking...

Deleted User 8530

I think that is One of the coolist thing i have ever saw! Very neet! COOLIEOS! Im just still amazed @ the size of it! WOW! How do you Do you water changes and how much? A Table Spoon? LOL No Seriously how much do you take out?

WOW That xenia grew fast!

cool beans.

:

<----- needs to go take a picture of sunlit pico..... Even though you can't see through the glass X)

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

scale... um

3/210 scale

not joking... just still working on my 18 gallon... will start soon though... maybe when school starts back...

Archived