SaltCritters.com

IM Nuvo 20 Fusion build

dcbaros

Awesome! I'm definitely doing this today... The white is hideous.. I don't understand why they would make a tank with black accents and then have a white mesh top... the only thing I can think is light spectrum absorption, but could it really make that big of a difference with having a black top?!

I'm not sure either. I have had it black the whole time and everything is fine.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I have ran into a problem. I have had a tiger pistol shrimp for a month or so. Yesterday I noticed that my six line wrasse was missing and could not find him anywhere. I assumed he was hiding or something. Today my clown fish was gone! The only other thing in the tank is an RBA and a cleaner shrimp. Could the pistol shrimp have killed both of those fish?? I took my entire tank down and dug though my sand bed and found no trace of either fish. I examined every hole in every rock under the lamp and found nothing. I was able to catch the shrimp and I have him separated from the others.

So I have ran into a problem. I have had a tiger pistol shrimp for a month or so. Yesterday I noticed that my six line wrasse was missing and could not find him anywhere. I assumed he was hiding or something. Today my clown fish was gone! The only other thing in the tank is an RBA and a cleaner shrimp. Could the pistol shrimp have killed both of those fish?? I took my entire tank down and dug though my sand bed and found no trace of either fish. I examined every hole in every rock under the lamp and found nothing. I was able to catch the shrimp and I have him separated from the others.

I had a tiger pistol kill at least 2 of my fish, so quite possible

• 1 year later...
Shanew76@gmail.com

How is the MP10 on the Nuvo 20gl. How high do you have it set? I've thought of putting one on mine just afraid that even at low power it would be to much.

• 1 month later...

How is the MP10 on the Nuvo 20gl. How high do you have it set? I've thought of putting one on mine just afraid that even at low power it would be to much.

I don't think should be a problem. I have a MP10 in a 10 gallon Nuvo and it's working out great. I can only power it up at about 25%, but IMHO, being able to vary the power and flow is one of the big reasons for spending a bit more on it.

Archived