Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

IM Nuvo 20 Fusion build

dcbaros

Anyone recommend a source for rock? I used to know of a website that sold dry rock in cool formations like bonsai, caves etc. Anyone know what site I'm talking about?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn. I was just at Ashley furniture yesterday looking for something to use as a stand...still can't decide what I want.

I think what I bought is part of a desk. It was originally $500 and I got it for $130.

Nice. You'll love it. Did you get the RMS mount?

Yeah! Just got it in actually.

Ikea Besta cabinet worked out great for mine.

Damn. I was just at Ashley furniture yesterday looking for something to use as a stand...still can't decide what I want.

Anyone have a recommendation on sand-bed depth?

I used 1 whole bag of CaribSea live sand. It gave me about 1.5-2 inches of sand bed.

Anyone recommend a source for rock? I used to know of a website that sold dry rock in cool formations like bonsai, caves etc. Anyone know what site I'm talking about?

I have RealReef live rock.

Okay I have the water in and a few questions for those with IM tanks, what is the optimum fill level? I also got the intank baskets and the smallest chemi pure blue bags. There is only room for a bag and a chamber with filter floss in these baskets, did they send me the wrong baskets? They seem small.

Okay I have the water in and a few questions for those with IM tanks, what is the optimum fill level? I also got the intank baskets and the smallest chemi pure blue bags. There is only room for a bag and a chamber with filter floss in these baskets, did they send me the wrong baskets? They seem small.

I have my ATO to replace the water if the return chamber goes below the second chamber. I have about a 1/2 inch drop between the second and return chamber.

Decided to paint the screen black. ONAXHCX.jpg?1

Due to my abundance of spare parts, supplies, and aquariums I will be setting up this tank by PicoAquariums as well. 7kn6vSx.jpg?1

I switched my Nanobox Duo for a Radion XR15w on my Nuvo 16 when I had it. I regretted it horribly. I am a Ecotech guy for life, but that Radion wasn't as good of a light IMHO. For the same price i got MUCH better coverage and color. Control ability wasn't as nice as the Ecotech. And having the reeflink, MP10, and Radion made for some pretty sweet control! Love the tank!

• 4 weeks later...

any updates on this tank?

Yeah sorry, Ive been busy. It will take me awhile to get a complete stock list. I actually just got a bunch of new frags from reef currents in Houston today.

cYra79V.jpg

JMCollins24

Looking good! Following along!

...Side note, did you just spray paint the screen? I really don't like the white-ish color...

Looking good! Following along!

...Side note, did you just spray paint the screen? I really don't like the white-ish color...

Yeah I just painted it with krylon. I hated the white.

JMCollins24

Awesome! I'm definitely doing this today... The white is hideous.. I don't understand why they would make a tank with black accents and then have a white mesh top... the only thing I can think is light spectrum absorption, but could it really make that big of a difference with having a black top?!

Archived