Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Cove's IM FUSION 20 | AI PRIME

Cove

I would max out at 4 fish. We have a pair of Ultra Picasso Clowns & plan on getting a yasha goby w/ a pistol & a flasher wrasse.

Yikes.. I had 4 fish in my 10.. Thats why I chose the live stock I previously listed. The sharknose goby is barely a bio load, and the wrasse I probably won't get.

The tank is in my hands.. Finally!!! It's actually quite a nice sized tank! Im really looking forward to this build.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FlamingPrawn

Yikes.. I had 4 fish in my 10.. Thats why I chose the live stock I previously listed. The sharknose goby is barely a bio load, and the wrasse I probably won't get.

The tank is in my hands.. Finally!!! It's actually quite a nice sized tank! Im really looking forward to this build.

Gotta post some pictures! Yeah I just like to go light on my bioload :) I would rather have a bunch of coral

Gotta post some pictures! Yeah I just like to go light on my bioload :) I would rather have a bunch of coral

Were remodelling the up stairs right now, pics to follow in a week or two!

Next steps:

Order inTank media baskets

Purchase the furniture/stand

Cycle the tank

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys! Been crazy in my house, did a full renovation on the upstairs. Thursday and Friday this week is the last week of renovations, next week I'm buying a bedroom set and were off on the new build!

• 2 weeks later...

Cool list but 6 fish is a lot for this tank... Imo!

Im going with small fish, if I maintain the chemistry in the tank I should have no problems.

Updates! Renovation is finally done and I'm getting my new furniture in a few days! I see that IM released filter socks for the Nuvo 20, ordered a pair for my Nuvo 20, adding a Reactor and that should take out the need for the inTank baskets. Not that I don't want the inTank Baskets but its just a lot easier for me to buy these products than the inTank stuff. Opinions?

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_5912_zpsiqdrdz6i.jpg

Here she is!

Also ordered my two snowflake clowns and a tail spot blenny! The RODI unit should be here around Friday, going to mix some water up and get the tank cycling.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATES!

1. Got my RODI Unit, working great! made about 5 gallons of water today, going to try and make another 10-15 tomorrow?

2. FISH CAME IN!

My LFS is going to hold them for me, and as the tank progresses ill be adding them in.

ORA- Snowflake pair
Tailspot Blenny
Yellow Banded Possum Wrasse (surprise fish for me from the owner of the LFS)

Fish to purchase-
Helfrichi Firefish
ORA Sharknose Goby.

Also be advised Stevie, I ordered my media baskets!

Cencalfishguy56

UPDATES!

1. Got my RODI Unit, working great! made about 5 gallons of water today, going to try and make another 10-15 tomorrow?

2. FISH CAME IN!

My LFS is going to hold them for me, and as the tank progresses ill be adding them in.

ORA- Snowflake pair

Tailspot Blenny

Yellow Banded Possum Wrasse (surprise fish for me from the owner of the LFS)

Fish to purchase-

Helfrichi Firefish

ORA Sharknose Goby.

Also be advised Stevie, I ordered my media baskets!

The yellow based possum wrasse is a pretty neat fish just like the tanakas but a little more color! Cool selection!

The yellow based possum wrasse is a pretty neat fish just like the tanakas but a little more color! Cool selection!

Cheers mate! My good buddy ordered a Tanaka from the custom order, both fish came in and we compared them side by side. The Tanakas colours are bold and vibrant, a very beautiful fish! And you are right, the yellow banded looks a lot like the Tanaka but with some unique yellow striping. I love it! I tried very hard to make sure the fish I get are captive bred or at least caught with care if they're from the wild. My original plan was to go entirely ORA in this tank but two clowns, YWG, and the shark nose goby felt too basic.

Cencalfishguy56

Cheers mate! My good buddy ordered a Tanaka from the custom order, both fish came in and we compared them side by side. The Tanakas colours are bold and vibrant, a very beautiful fish! And you are right, the yellow banded looks a lot like the Tanaka but with some unique yellow striping. I love it! I tried very hard to make sure the fish I get are captive bred or at least caught with care if they're from the wild. My original plan was to go entirely ORA in this tank but two clowns, YWG, and the shark nose goby felt too basic.

Yea I hear you man, I felt the same way! Some wild fish aren't picky and can be easily trained with other food but ora are guaranteed healthy fish so that's another big reason people like them

Yea I hear you man, I felt the same way! Some wild fish aren't picky and can be easily trained with other food but ora are guaranteed healthy fish so that's another big reason people like them

ORA is great! There are only 3 LFS in the area that care to get aquaculture fish, they get it from ORA and Sustainable Aquatics, and Proaquatix! Im happy there are those options!

UPDATES!

TANK GOT WET!

MEDIA BASKETS SHIPPED!

LET THE CYCLE BEGIN!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!

Cencalfishguy56

ORA is great! There are only 3 LFS in the area that care to get aquaculture fish, they get it from ORA and Sustainable Aquatics, and Proaquatix! Im happy there are those options!

UPDATES!

TANK GOT WET!

MEDIA BASKETS SHIPPED!

LET THE CYCLE BEGIN!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!

Sweet man glad to hear that! And happy birthday btw! Also you in Australia by any chance?

Sweet man glad to hear that! And happy birthday btw! Also you in Australia by any chance?

Thanks! :) No I'm currently in Toronto, Canada. Bad news, turns out Quality Marine was short a tanaka possum wrasse, they sent an extra yellow banded possum for my buddy instead of a tanaka. So that leaves me short a fish :( Now I need to add something to the list since these fish are insanely hard to get a hold of!

UPDATES!

TANK GOT WET!

MEDIA BASKETS SHIPPED!

LET THE CYCLE BEGIN!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!

Such a good feeling.

Cencalfishguy56

Thanks! :) No I'm currently in Toronto, Canada. Bad news, turns out Quality Marine was short a tanaka possum wrasse, they sent an extra yellow banded possum for my buddy instead of a tanaka. So that leaves me short a fish :( Now I need to add something to the list since these fish are insanely hard to get a hold of!

Does live aquaria ship to Canada? Their divers den fish section is great!! I saw a tanakas on there the other day

Does live aquaria ship to Canada? Their divers den fish section is great!! I saw a tanakas on there the other day

Negative, they don't :( However my LFS buys from a wholesaler called Quality Marine, Quality Marine supplies Live Aquaria with their Divers Den stock ;)

Cencalfishguy56

Negative, they don't :( However my LFS buys from a wholesaler called Quality Marine, Quality Marine supplies Live Aquaria with their Divers Den stock ;)

Well looks like a win in your book my brotha ;)

Well looks like a win in your book my brotha ;)

Yeah, he orders from them only on custom orders. So its a bit of a wait, every few months he sends out an order form for us.

UPDATES

1. My friend does not want the Yellow Banded Possum Wrasse anymore, he wants to re order a Tanaka. So that now becomes mine again!

2. Since my stuff is scattered everywhere Ive decided to use Dr Tims One and Only Bacteria to cycle my tank. Will be adding it in a day or two with a pair of clowns.

Cencalfishguy56

Yeah, he orders from them only on custom orders. So its a bit of a wait, every few months he sends out an order form for us.

UPDATES

1. My friend does not want the Yellow Banded Possum Wrasse anymore, he wants to re order a Tanaka. So that now becomes mine again!

2. Since my stuff is scattered everywhere Ive decided to use Dr Tims One and Only Bacteria to cycle my tank. Will be adding it in a day or two with a pair of clowns.

Sounds good man! Hope everything works out!!

• 4 weeks later...

Few updates-

Added a yellow watchman goby, a new tailspot blenny and a purple firefish. The YWG was hiding under the rocks for a day or two but not he's I guess within the rocks. Haven't seen him at all? D:

also added a load of coral! Ill post pictures tomorrow!

• 4 weeks later...

I have a Fusion 20 and am thinking about getting a AI Prime. Do you still like yours, what light intensity did you settle on?

I love the Prime! Such a good light! However my zoas were stretching for light... I added a second prime and everything seems to be doing amazing!

Settings

DB-100%

B-100%

UV-100%

V-100%

DR-25%

G-25%

W-25%

Heres my tank!

11866385_737037089734532_415903840766397

StimulusPackage

Thanks Cove!!! It looks GREAT!!! I may start another thread, I'd like to know what other people are doing it their Fusion 20, like filtration, flow, lighting, if their having problems and how they are fixing them.

Archived