Pod Your Reef

Kirby's 40 gallon reef tank

kirbaay

Hey, kirbay! I remenber your 20 long, right? I love this tank and great shots of the coral as well. I hear you on the whole clicky vibe here, I'll be following. I'm not always on top of my replies either. Anyway, nice tank! Looks great bro.

Makes me miss my leopard pair, had to sell when I moved to Arizona along time ago. I have a melinarus wrasse, wonder how they'd get along. It took my pair about two weeks before I finally saw them, thought they were dead, lol

Yes I had a 20 long before this tank and transfered over a lot of the corals. Thanks for the kind words! I would love to get a male to get along with my female Leopard Wrasse :)

Really pretty tank!!

Thank you!!

Ohhh!! That is this?!?! :wub:

That corals exploded with growth! I actually just gave it to a friend since I got rid of that rock to make room for more torches :) Here is a picture from a couple days ago.

19913513772_840735ec3e_b.jpg

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The leopard wrasse is really really pretty,as is the tank,you're very camera skilled. :)

Thanks she is turning into one of my favorite fish! I actually take photos for a living :D

But what is it called? I love that shade of green!

Frogskin acro maybe? I dunno I have a hard time telling em apart sometimes :P

I honestly have no idea what kind of acro it is haha! they always have crazy names

Thanks she is turning into one of my favorite fish! I actually take photos for a living :D

I honestly have no idea what kind of acro it is haha! they always have crazy names

That would explain the amazing pictures lol. Yea it's hard to keep track sometimes of all the clever names.

That's why I start making up my own names ;)

That's why I start making up my own names ;)

I have made up some cool names for some of the zoas i have! haha

Looking gooooood!

I love those cardinals hanging out by the bubble coral and that leopard wrasse.

Thanks mate. I have been wanting the cardinals for a while now. I saw them on sale at petco for $10 and couldnt pass them up. I love how they are always by eachother in a trio :)

Dont forget people that i have a live webcam on my tank :)

https://video.nest.com/embedded/live/kirbyscoral

charnelhouse

Oh I know I don't post a lot haha. A lot of lurking. It was just on my mind at the time and wanted to get it off my chest! I realize if i engaged my self in other threads people might come take a look. Thanks for the kind words though!

Well don't feel bad. My thread has a couple thousand views and like 40 comments. 37 of which I posted myself.... haha :lol:

You're very welcome. Absolutely deserved kind words.

Very good looking 40! The black background and your pictures are really striking. The photos of the fish are amazing. How's the leopard wrasse doing?

michaelrzachmann

Thanks mate. I have been wanting the cardinals for a while now. I saw them on sale at petco for $10 and couldnt pass them up. I love how they are always by eachother in a trio :)

Dont forget people that i have a live webcam on my tank :)

https://video.nest.com/embedded/live/kirbyscoral

that is awesome def going to watch for a little while and check back in. I wish everyone on here had this

Well don't feel bad. My thread has a couple thousand views and like 40 comments. 37 of which I posted myself.... haha :lol:

You're very welcome. Absolutely deserved kind words.

Thank you! and I dropped in on your thread to say hello :)

Very good looking 40! The black background and your pictures are really striking. The photos of the fish are amazing. How's the leopard wrasse doing?

Thanks! whats funny is that is just a blanket pinned to my backwall hahah. The leopard wrasse has a belly full of pods :) She is thriving in my tank and I couldnt be happier

that is awesome def going to watch for a little while and check back in. I wish everyone on here had this

Thanks dude it keeps my mind at peace when I am not in town. For the past 2 months I havent even been taking care of my tank actually. It runs it self, i try once a week to come and do a water change though. I work in a different city during the summer and will be back to my apartment once school starts!

Argh- tried to link up to your video feed but the iPad must not be supported

It worked on my iphone! Right this moment my link went down for some reason.. I will have to get my roommate to replug in the camera or something

New FTS from yesterday. I moved a power head so some of the torches were kind of mad still haha. I know that they open up more though

19356023044_5e3ae456d6_b.jpg

Wow, wow, wow...very nice! Is that a large soft cased feather duster in the bottom left hand corner? How long have you had him?

Wow, wow, wow...very nice! Is that a large soft cased feather duster in the bottom left hand corner? How long have you had him?

Thanks dude! And yes it's a feather duster. I have had him since January

• 2 weeks later...

Love it!

Sucks about the torch. Must have been in bad health when you received it since all your other LPS look great.

How's that leopard wrasse doing?

Everything is looking so good. I dont know how you could have lost a torch with everything else doing so well. Really nice set up too! That buble! Amazing!

Love it!

Sucks about the torch. Must have been in bad health when you received it since all your other LPS look great.

How's that leopard wrasse doing?

Well i had it in the tank for a week before it died and it was doing good and it just died... the leopard wrasse is doing great!! shes getting bigger!

Everything is looking so good. I dont know how you could have lost a torch with everything else doing so well. Really nice set up too! That buble! Amazing!

Thanks!! yes the bubble coral will not stop growing haha

charnelhouse

Maybe the trip from SD to Texas was tough on the torch. Weather has been pretty whacky lately.

That is a forest of chaeto!

Archived