inTank Media Baskets

Kirby's 40 gallon reef tank

kirbaay

Beautiful tank! Great mix of corals and fish, looks really mature. Nice photography too! Getting this quality photography under reef lighting really baffles me. I suppose I'll need to learn that, too. Keep posting!

Thank you! and i like to have a little bit of all the different types of coral haha. I pride my self on taking photographs of my tanks! I also take photos and film for a living so it comes in handy :)

I am sorry about your flame hawk fish. They are cool. The tank is lookin' good. I can't imagine having my tanks run themselves. That is some major trust in all the automatic equipment! Do you feed the fish with an automatic fish feeder too?

Ya i really do trust my equipment! I have the webcam on my tank that i check daily so i pretty much will know right away if something has gone wrong. My roommate is also at my apartment that i can call for quick fixes like lights or checking on the tank. He really doesnt know what to do though haha. And ya i have an auto feeder that just gives them a dime size amount of food twice a day. I come and check my tank Once a week or Once every two weeks to give them a good feeding and to do a water change.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you! and i like to have a little bit of all the different types of coral haha. I pride my self on taking photographs of my tanks! I also take photos and film for a living so it comes in handy :)

Ya i really do trust my equipment! I have the webcam on my tank that i check daily so i pretty much will know right away if something has gone wrong. My roommate is also at my apartment that i can call for quick fixes like lights or checking on the tank. He really doesnt know what to do though haha. And ya i have an auto feeder that just gives them a dime size amount of food twice a day. I come and check my tank Once a week or Once every two weeks to give them a good feeding and to do a water change.

I could really use the webcam for my tanks. My husband and I are leaving on a 10 motorcycle roadtrip to CO and my sister will come once a day and check on the fish and feed the seahorses. She knows some about marine fish but it is still scary leaving that long.

I could really use the webcam for my tanks. My husband and I are leaving on a 10 motorcycle roadtrip to CO and my sister will come once a day and check on the fish and feed the seahorses. She knows some about marine fish but it is still scary leaving that long.

Well the brand is Dropcam and i went with the pro version for the HD

• 2 weeks later...

Cleaned the back glass

18989843559_79698b3272_b.jpg

18555373633_55d6ccb34b_b.jpg

I dont know why I even update this thread. Everyone is up their butts with the "popular" peoples tanks. Atleast i know vlangel cares :)

I help run a new forum with some friends everyone should go check it out and sign up! We are a lot more personal over there since there is fewer members and no favorites http://bvreefclub.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Love your tank! I hope mine comes out this nice

Thank you!! All it takes is some patience and time. Maybe some money too haha

Tank is amazing! I love all the euphyllia in the center :)

Thanks man! I just got some more haha!

Major changes!! I ordered 4 new Euphyllia from AquaSD 3 Torches and 1 Hammer. I decided to get rid of my sps rock. I could kind of grow some of it but I wasnt impressed. Some day I will make a SPS dominant tank. Any ways here are some pictures.

Last and final full tank shot with all of the corals.

19691023328_10a58a6d3f_b.jpg

Here it is with the new corals glued in. I took this photo 20 min after being put in. Everything is pretty pissed off lol I do know that today everything looks a lot better.

19871591052_8e28dd4c5b_b.jpg

Detail shots

19884046331_2fe2b1b19e_b.jpg

19884032721_bbfbd559de_b.jpg

19871578892_6b8df42114_b.jpg

19852827716_7ae5312c14_b.jpg

This Orange Crush is going to color up nicely! I took a before shot. I just moved it into way more light. I know that it likes higher light because it has only grown towards the light and only has good color at the top. that will all soon change.

19691013178_637e7bcfe5_b.jpg

19258120923_9f638dda80_b.jpg

19691050990_144440467d_b.jpg

19691053020_eba62bb602_b.jpg

19852849636_6c8f13d7df_b.jpg

Oh and I also go some new fish!! Banggai Cardinalfish

19258139743_2a9fc00612_b.jpg

19691040698_fac4f31ae8_b.jpg

Awesome growth on this Duncan

19691062700_cb2ddef536_b.jpg

Looking good kirbaay! You are filling that 40 breeder up pretty well. I love banggai cardinals. They are mouth brooders so if you get a mated pair you potentially could find little miniatures in the tank some day. Folks with sumps often do because the little ones go over the overflows, which protects them from being eaten.

Ha ha, the 2nd pic of the leopard wrasse looks like he is saying 'Ahoy there!'.

Looking good kirbaay! You are filling that 40 breeder up pretty well. I love banggai cardinals. They are mouth brooders so if you get a mated pair you potentially could find little miniatures in the tank some day. Folks with sumps often do because the little ones go over the overflows, which protects them from being eaten.

Ha ha, the 2nd pic of the leopard wrasse looks like he is saying 'Ahoy there!'.

Thanks for the kind words Vlangel! I am really enjoying the new fish!

Euphyllia are underrated... Awesome tank and leopard wrasse has to be one of my favorite fish

Thanks dude I totatly agree. I can't get enough of them as you can see haha. Any LPS I can dig

charnelhouse

Cleaned the back glass

18989843559_79698b3272_b.jpg

18555373633_55d6ccb34b_b.jpg

I dont know why I even update this thread. Everyone is up their butts with the "popular" peoples tanks. Atleast i know vlangel cares :)

I help run a new forum with some friends everyone should go check it out and sign up! We are a lot more personal over there since there is fewer members and no favorites http://bvreefclub.com

Aww man, I was totally enjoying this thread until the butthurt crept in... stop. Long time members are entitled to their celebrity status. Look at views, not comments ;)

Aww man, I was totally enjoying this thread until the butthurt crept in... stop. Long time members are entitled to their celebrity status. Look at views, not comments ;)

Lol not true I have seen new members get chatted with more. I am not butthurt, I was just pointing out the community on here

charnelhouse

Lol not true I have seen new members get chatted with more. I am not butthurt, I was just pointing out the community on here

I think the "popular" new members work at their popularity. They post. A lot. WAY more than 210 posts in a year and a half :)

All I'm saying is don't take it personal. Your tank is bomb and your photos are some of the best on this site. People are seeing the thread.

I think the "popular" new members work at their popularity. They post. A lot. WAY more than 210 posts in a year and a half :)

All I'm saying is don't take it personal. Your tank is bomb and your photos are some of the best on this site. People are seeing the thread.

Oh I know I don't post a lot haha. A lot of lurking. It was just on my mind at the time and wanted to get it off my chest! I realize if i engaged my self in other threads people might come take a look. Thanks for the kind words though!

Nanofreak79

Hey, kirbay! I remenber your 20 long, right? I love this tank and great shots of the coral as well. I hear you on the whole clicky vibe here, I'll be following. I'm not always on top of my replies either. Anyway, nice tank! Looks great bro.

I picked up a Leopard Wrasse the other day :)18940969925_914d449b5a_b.jpg

18318444054_133cdac0f6_b.jpg

18753367128_258df0041a_b.jpg

18941025605_48e7caf02b_b.jpg

Makes me miss my leopard pair, had to sell when I moved to Arizona along time ago. I have a melinarus wrasse, wonder how they'd get along. It took my pair about two weeks before I finally saw them, thought they were dead, lol

Archived