Pod Your Reef

ParadizeCityz' Fusion 30L (Re-Launched!)

paradizecityz

reefernanoman

Thanks! I see you're in San Antonio, TX. I use to go there all the time!

Yeah, it's OK over here. It feels like 26 degrees outside right now! I will miss it when its 100 during summer LOL.

paradizecityz

Re-did my aquascape but have notice some interesting stuff:

1) My skunk cleaner is attacking the peppermint shrimp, even though they are about the same size

2) I never knew that Chromis kills each other, as one went missing and I researched it. I'm staying with just 1

3) I have 2 Ignitus fish, 1 was always out and 1 was always shy. I thought I lost the shy guy but now he only comes out at night. No clue why. I also read that these fish should be in a 70 gallon tank, I wonder why my LFS would say they are fine in a 30....

FTS 1-18-2015

IMG_1796.jpg

paradizecityz

:mellow: Not a great week for my tank this week.

Well the peppermint shrimp didn't make it, guess they can't co-exist with the skunk cleaner, at least not in my tank. I found my anemone eating the dead peppermint shrimp body, then spit it back out.

Also, the shy Ignitus didn't make it either. I believe he was too scared and didn't eat, as I don't even see him when I feed food. Now my other ignitus is starting to hide all day too...but is coming out to munch a little when I feed. Definitely not out as much as when I first got him.

I got them as they were active but I'm having trouble with active fish. The Ignitus hides behind this rock and I think they made a tunnel or something because every now and then, I see him poking his head out on the other side of that rock. I'm thinking of blocking that "cave" so he can swim out.

Anyone have suggestions on how to get fishes to not be so shy? The ignitus fish is now shy and my wrasses has always been shy since the day I got him. Chromis and Clownfish are always good and swimming up to me when I walk up to the tank.

paradizecityz

Maybe the fish is in shock?

Idk what other advice to give you...

It just sucks you know? I hate losing fish and I want an activity in my tank, especially when I walk up to it. The Clowns and Chromis gives me that but I wanna see everybody....Now I can't find the other Ignitus too...

one thing I did notice is that the rock that these fish likes to hang out around, has a lot of worms...kinda like brittle worms...I'm wondering if they did anything? But from what I read, it doesn't seem like brittle worms are bad...

It just sucks you know? I hate losing fish and I want an activity in my tank, especially when I walk up to it. The Clowns and Chromis gives me that but I wanna see everybody....Now I can't find the other Ignitus too...

one thing I did notice is that the rock that these fish likes to hang out around, has a lot of worms...kinda like brittle worms...I'm wondering if they did anything? But from what I read, it doesn't seem like brittle worms are bad...

Maybe its not brittle worms? and is infecting your fish?

paradizecityz

Maybe its not brittle worms? and is infecting your fish?

Can't find any other thing that looks like it other than brittle worms.

• 5 weeks later...
paradizecityz

Update 2-22-2015

New video and it's more "even" lol

Added a new ATO and using the new Automatic Elements Tab....nothing special but just waiting for next Saturday, which is Reef Currents :)

paradizecityz

Are you in Houston? Read that on Marsh earlier today. If so congrats.

So what are you planning to do with them... ;)

Yes I am. Thanks!

I might be forced to sell them as I don't have room. Still debating on selling them or my current clown, which I've had for over a year...

paradizecityz

Let me know, might be interested. I have the same setup. Gotta love the IM30

I might be contacting you tonight. I'm out of town next week so i need to take care of this now lol

• 4 weeks later...
paradizecityz

Haven't updated in awhile but that's just because nothing major has happened...I took off the MP10 and got a new Gyre and love it...just trying to sell the MP10 now :)

Also, just been trying to get rid of brittle worms...got me a long tweezer but they've been pretty fast to retract!

Here are just some various pics:

Here's all the frags i have for now

IMG_1992.jpg

Here's my first coral that I bought...it's growing out nicely now!

IMG_1991.jpg

Some plates...I've had the orange one for awhile now. At first, i thought i lost it but it's great now!

IMG_1990.jpg

My latest piece...I think this might be my first real SPS and it's doing great!

IMG_1989.jpg

• 1 month later...
paradizecityz

Unfortunately, I am selling the tank and getting out of the hobby...I have a new baby on the way and I just don't have as much time to maintain a tank this size :(

But if anyone knows anyone in Houston and interested, let me know :D

Archived