Pod Your Reef

DIY Deluxe Nano Cube @ 7 months

Spasticat

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

64w of actinic, and only 24w 10K daylight in the back. The result is a little bluer than I wanted, but it really makes the corals glow.

The GSP was initially shocked by the light change, but half of the colony is already back in full force (I ripped the mother colony in half about 3 months ago).

Oct25-4.jpg

Oct25-3.jpg

I was supposed to stop buying corals after I sold all of my zoos... but within a month I filled the space with frogspawn and a new ricordea rock. X)

WOW what's the name of the green tentacle thing w/ the purple tips (sorta fat tubes) on the bottome left of the tank, and what about the thin purple tentacle thing w/ the bright green tips. Whats the name of it?

Can those be up in a regular or stock deluxe nano or do they require all the special lighting you put in??

thin purple + bright green tentacles are green star polyps

thicker tentacle with the whitish tips is called a frogspawn.

both of these corals can be kept with the "stock" nano-cube deluxe.

and what about the thin purple tentacle thing w/ the bright green tips. Whats the name of it?

The Green Star Polyps (GSP) are my favorite in the tank. Some day I'd like to have a huge tank dedicated to just that coral

I've had problems with my gobies spitting rocks on zoos and sitting on them.

But the coral (which I am selling this weekend), is a favia sp. brain coral, and it stings them off!

Man that is one sweet tank to say the least. I'm starting a hood for a 10 gal and I'm glad you posted those pics.

Rick,

Here is my current light config:

Hood_Setup_Oct_24.jpg

And here is a diagram of all previous bulb setups:

Power_Compact_Diagram.jpg:wizard:

Olympus_D560.gif

Just a 3.2 megapixel D560 that is over a year old. The key is to use a tripod when you take digital pictures w/o the flash.

A quick reminder: the favia sp. and the frogspawn pictured above are for sale this weekend only.:pirate:

I don't take many pics of the "far side" of the tank... but there is a lot of activity going on back there these days.

The BTA split, and has created a nice bed for the clown. This area is also completely surrounded in green star polyps -which I ripped in half and rubber banded to the rock.

I wouldn't mind sleeping in there...zzz

pic107.jpg

pic108.jpg

Awesome tank. I have a cube that should be cycled (still have to run the chemistry on it one last time). Wanna mentor me on establishing my tank and mocking yours??? ; )

• 2 weeks later...

I had to once again run to the tank and take a picture... My goby is surfing the GSP.

PS... 2 snails dead in 2 days -and I might be shamed from posting pics here again.

But I have a plan, if it all dies then it's going to be a mantis tank.:nerd:

pic109.jpg

Archived