Top Shelf Aquatics

Nano Box Eco Opinions...

Begow

Looking at possibly getting one of these guys to go over a Innovative Marine Fusion 10.

What do you guys think of these? Are they pretty good for light SPS, and mostly zoanthids etc? I have a prized scoly, will this be fine for him as well?

Can you get these in custom colors? Are the blue fish controllable? Storm?

I emailed Dave as well, but wanted to get the communities opinion on this fixture as well.

Looking at possibly getting one of these guys to go over a Innovative Marine Fusion 10.

What do you guys think of these? Are they pretty good for light SPS, and mostly zoanthids etc? I have a prized scoly, will this be fine for him as well?

Can you get these in custom colors? Are the blue fish controllable? Storm?

I emailed Dave as well, but wanted to get the communities opinion on this fixture as well.

Emailed back. Sounds like you want the Tide with Storm.

-Dave

jedimasterben

The 'Eco' (if Dave is still planning on producing them, haven't heard anything in a while) doesn't compare much to the normal Tide. It's a 3D-printed housing, only available in black or white, a fixed arm (so no adjustment or movement), and it comes with no controller or manual dimming, just on/off. You can control them (they will still use LDD drivers) but you'll be paying more to upgrade to it than to just buy the normal Mini Tide. Plus, for the extra cost you get all your customization, etc.

Info on the 'Eco': http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/347991-budget-tide-pre-order-specs-and-pricing/

EDIT: Ninja'd by dave lol

I have a Nano Box Eco, purchased second hand from another NR user and it's great. The colors are fantastic.

I plan on upgrading to the Storm Controller with the new driver etc., but I think you're better off just getting a custom Tide or Mini Tide. B)

Archived