Pod Your Reef

Moore's IM Fusion 10

moores38

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moore, I'm using the stock pump in my IM 10 with a spin stream. The spin stream operates just fine with the stock pump, so it sounds like your spin stream might have an issue. Hope that helps and everything is coming along great!

Great update man!! Why did you mark off the IM10 in your initial build thread though? That sure likes like an IM10 to me. ;) Edit: I missed your last sentence explaining this LOL.

As for your question about the iphone, I think I saw a week or two back where one of our fellow reefers (jeremycee?) here went to his local photography store and picked up a cheap little piece of red (maybe yellow?) photography plastic and he covered the camera portion of his iPhone and it fixes the white balance issues...worth a shot?

Yes to the stock pump upgrade.

Yes to the stand shimming.

Im still trying to find my ATO container (stand dimension constraints). It will show up at walmart eventually lol.

Apex like a baws. Wish I could afford one. Im dumping all my spare cash to a decent camera and lenses haha.

Keep them pics coming, man. B)

Thank you!!!!

I'm really thinking this might be my next tank. Looks like your well on your way to a great setup

I'd recommend it, I'm really liking it so far!

Moore, I'm using the stock pump in my IM 10 with a spin stream. The spin stream operates just fine with the stock pump, so it sounds like your spin stream might have an issue. Hope that helps and everything is coming along great!

You are correct! I took it apart and cleaned, all is well now. However, I ended up taking it off and putting the standard director on. I thought about upgrading pumps, but even with the new inTank basket it can barely handle all the flow, so I'm sticking with the stock pump.

In other news...I'm still waiting on my Apex and accessories, still dosing my bacteria culture, ordered the 10 gal clean up crew from ReefCleaners.org, and have a ton of micro bubbles from my skimmer (haven't been running in constantly though due to the bacteria dosing). Having a hard time deciding in there will be enough room for two clowns...I'm considering one clown and a tail spot blenny...thoughts?

this definitely may be my next tank.... with that kessil of course,,, but there is just so many options on the market that are attractive and affordable. Fluval m60, the 20gallon version of this tank, cadlights tanks period xD.

this definitely may be my next tank.... with that kessil of course,,, but there is just so many options on the market that are attractive and affordable. Fluval m60, the 20gallon version of this tank, cadlights tanks period xD.

I agree, after I purchased this one I was kicking myself for not looking into the CADlights tanks, those are really sharp.

Yeah I really like them. Everyone slammed them for some shipping issues a while ago... I don't see their tanks exploding. Innovative marine cough cough... (I like both companies btw xD) fluval is reall nice though to. That m60. 700$ for some quite nice stuff isn't a bad deal.

Tank got wet on 12/30, tested for the first time today 1/5. SG: 1.025, PH: 8, NH3: 0, NO2: 30, NO3: 40. I haven't done a water change yet, and have not been running my skimmer. I've been dosing MicroBacter7 daily and also feeding (my rocks) with a few granules of fish food daily. Started running the skimmer but the mirco bubbles are outrageous. I've already done a vinegar bath. I plan on doing a water change tomorrow. Clean up crew should be in the tank this week and I'd really like to get a fish in there this week.

Yep, take your time especially after putting in the clean up crew. Some of the snails will inevitably die and you'll get another mini cycle even after your current cycle completes. And you've still probably got to get through the usual diatom/cyano bloom, and that will go quicker if you aren't feeding inhabitants at the same time.

i'd say give it a few more weeks before adding any fish. try not to do a water change until that no2 tests 0

Yep, take your time especially after putting in the clean up crew. Some of the snails will inevitably die and you'll get another mini cycle even after your current cycle completes. And you've still probably got to get through the usual diatom/cyano bloom, and that will go quicker if you aren't feeding inhabitants at the same time.

I'm well familiar with NH3 toxicity and the denitrifying cycle, just not patient enough for it, ha! Ironic that I got the diatom bloom today! Apex arrives tomorrow, excited to have that up and running.

So I'm getting ready to turn off my lights (get my Apex tomorrow) and I notice my skimmer is starting to produce. I get excited and look closer to see if it's quality skimmate. I not only find out it's ok skimmate but I also see this! I have no idea how this happened! CRACKS?!

:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

ADC3FF43-4F24-426D-87BB-BEE5B91ABBC1_zps

917AF2FC-33B1-42C7-A0D5-BA5C7B56BB8A_zps

7C2FBE31-4D8B-4843-B654-C66F1C0C1090_zps

AD9F1924-2661-48B1-80C3-63E66C032BCE_zps

Wow, that sucks!!!! If I end up getting a skimmer for mine prob gonna go with the PicO Skim 2.0. The tank better not start doing this...... :unsure: I would contact IM. Cheap china plastic. :blink:

Dang, that's weird to get a crack like that especially where there's no real stress on the plastic. Definitely contact IM to see what they say.

Dang, that's weird to get a crack like that especially where there's no real stress on the plastic. Definitely contact IM to see what they say.

Wow, that sucks!!!! If I end up getting a skimmer for mine prob gonna go with the PicO Skim 2.0. The tank better not start doing this...... :unsure: I would contact IM. Cheap china plastic. :blink:

I'll contact them in the next week or so, it's under warranty for a while yet, haha. In other news, starting to have a serious diatom bloom and green algae growth on my rocks, really hoping ReefCleaners.org comes through and delivers tomorrow. Andddd, the Apex came today! I've got everything programmed and set up (least I think I do), I just have to tweak the light programing to achieve my desired results. Talk about getting pi**ed off, it's not super hard to program, it's just not very intuitive. Pictures to follow once I get the stand cleaned up tomorrow!

Also, I need a probe holder for the rear, third, chamber. Any suggestions? Need to be small, preferably magnetic, and hold at least two, no more than three, probes.

So after two days of Googling Apex codes and testing this and that I'm finally done! Finished up my wire management, and cleaned everything up. Ordered a Vertex XD probe holder and BRS RODI Plus System today. Still waiting on my ReefCleaner's clean up crew to arrive and still pi**ed about my skimmer, considering cutting my losses and picking up the CADlights PLS 50. Anyways, pictures!

8AAEA9D4-1BBA-4815-9E40-FF6CAC4BC73F_zps

FTS 1/8/15 - Getting a slight algae problem. About to start running the junk skimmer 24/7, pop in the Chemi-Pure, and hope the clean up crew will gobble it up!

0705C6CB-9242-4664-BFCE-FBCE0FCDF625_zps

My wire mess. It still looks like a birds nest but I swear everything is zip-tied and has labels, it's such a small stand that I don't have anywhere to put all the excess cable! Haven't figured out what I'm doing on the bottom, still waiting on my ATO jug to come in.

E156D617-0C33-4F76-9F96-A965D02C68A7_zps

Outside of the stand

F7E2B264-DDF0-4A3F-892A-AF1835DE74C7_zps

FTS w/o flash.

Anyways, that's all for now. The Apex seems like it's going to be an absolute Godsend. I'm going away for four days and I'm pretty excited I'll be able to keep an eye on my tank from 200 miles away. Also programmed the feed modes. Feed A feeds the fish (when I have some) 1 once a day, when feed A is on, the return pump turns off for 5 minutes to prevent food from going straight in the overflow, the ATO off for 20 to let the rear chambers resettle after the return/skimmer comes back on, and the skimmer for 15 to allow the nutrient load to dissipate so my skimmer doesn't go insane. Programmed feed B to turn off the skimmer for 4 hours, this allows me to dose microbacter, two-part, etc and not worry about my skimmer, then it'll automatically come back on when it's safe. Programmed feed C for water changes, turns off everything except the heater and lights for 45 minutes to allow me plenty of time to change the water. At any point on any of these cycles I can hit cancel and the feed cycle ends. If you couldn't tell I'm pretty excited about this haha!

Wow, Really Nice!!! Dont think the CADlights PLS 50 fits in the back.

It just might with a little modification I've been reading about :)

Super close to just throwing a AquaMaxx HOB-1 on the tank, that thing was great and caused zero problems, just don't want it to be overkill.......

Some very cold snails!

B25BE3CB-A1AC-4F5C-BC3B-DDB4A4B32B3D_zps

After being acclimated (more like thawed), per ReefCleaners.org, instructions they're in their new home. Appeared all 4 of the nerites on the far right were alive, not much action. The 4 nassarius on the left had at least one that was living. The 6 Florida ceriths in the back left showed no signs of life while I was home, and the 10, more like 100, dwarf ceriths in the front had some good signs of life. So we'll give it a few days and see.

8add79ed-34bc-49ad-bd34-1511c418c5cf_zps

Did any of the now active snails appear to be empty shells? USPS lost my Reefcleaners shipment for three days and I think pretty much everything has bit the dust.

I've had the same problem with delayed shipments in winter. If they aren't actively moving around or at least wiggling in the first hour or so they are probably dead. Don't leave them in too long or you'll get a big ammonia spike.

Did any of the now active snails appear to be empty shells? USPS lost my Reefcleaners shipment for three days and I think pretty much everything has bit the dust.

Nope, before I left anything that was active was visible in some way shape or form inside the shell.

I've had the same problem with delayed shipments in winter. If they aren't actively moving around or at least wiggling in the first hour or so they are probably dead. Don't leave them in too long or you'll get a big ammonia spike.

Well that's good to know, I have to be out of town thru Tuesday, can't wait to see what I get to come back to if they're dead! The ReefCleaners page specifically says it can take up to three days for some of the snails, especially the Ceriths to wakey wakey, figured it'd be good for me to be gone for a few days let them be in peace. My fingers are crossed that they're all moving when I get back.

Nope, before I left anything that was active was visible in some way shape or form inside the shell.Well that's good to know, I have to be out of town thru Tuesday, can't wait to see what I get to come back to if they're dead! The ReefCleaners page specifically says it can take up to three days for some of the snails, especially the Ceriths to wakey wakey, figured it'd be good for me to be gone for a few days let them be in peace. My fingers are crossed that they're all moving when I get back.

I made mistake of dumping the whole bag on the tank and ended up cleaning my sand of empty shells. Next time I will have a QT tank and move them over slowly...

Archived