ReefCleaners.org

34g Solana build

CrazyEyes

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm honestly too sure yet. I'm sure I'll setup something in the future like a full starfire rimless 18x18x18 cube with an Elos style stand and a sweet acrylic sump.

lilmatty5dimes

What light do you have?

I've got a radion gen 3 on my cadlights 12g and 4 bulb tek t-5 on 30g I'm in te process of setting up.

A stand I'm building for a future build, not sure when the tank will be setup but I know it will be a 20x20x16 3 sided LIG rimless with a sump. I wanted an electrical area but I didnt want it taking up too much space, just going to cut a small access door in the side so I can plug things in. Its coming out pretty good considering I don't have a saw and am relying on Home depots wonky ass cuts. Still trying to figure out what I want to wrap it with, I know its getting wrapped with formica, just not sure of what color, either orange like Elos uses on their stand, a dark matte gray or ebony ribbon wood.

Here is the ebony ribbon wood

contemporary-laundry-room_zpsbxdmpzsn.jp

And the orange that elos uses

elos-orange_zps7iribg22.jpg

And here is where I'm at so far.

11753781_1039066759446475_1214639510_n_z

pretty stoked with how this is coming out so far. Really digging the electrical section of the stand, still deciding what color, think I landed on orange though, I want to paint the inside white, hope it doesnt turn out looking like a creamsicle.

11739655_1040417569311394_172565371_n_zp

pretty stoked with how this is coming out so far. Really digging the electrical section of the stand, still deciding what color, think I landed on orange though, I want to paint the inside white, hope it doesnt turn out looking like a creamsicle.

11739655_1040417569311394_172565371_n_zp

Nice. Now you need to get a tank with a white background....creamsicle :lol:

HarryPotter

Looking awesome!!!

I would build or install some sort of water catching tray on the bottom of the stand if you end up having a reactor down there

Good idea Harry, there will be a top and bottom trim on the stand, like an ADA but with a bottom trim also, then the stand is getting sealed and painted with Kilz but I still might add some sort of tray.

I built one into my stand and used plastic spray to seal it. Plastic coat, flex something or other. They sell it in cans at the home depot. you could just add a 1 x 1 across the bottom and seal up the bottom with that spray.

Archived