IM Fusion 30L, now rimless + sumped - AIO = awesome 4/11/15

Chief Reefer

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Chief Reefer

ConeS CO-1 at the house

MAME overflow - arrived and assembled. Neill is a great guy, awesome customer service :bowdown:

Advanced Acrylics sump - Ordered, built, on its way, estimated arrival Tuesday. Looks so sexy - custom diamond series :wub:

Looks like I may need to take Wednesday off work...

Chief Reefer

Teaser for you guys

1310139E-358A-421B-BB62-FA7CF5CEEC3D_zps

Taking this out while tank is running...not a good idea.

Outcome so sexy tho.

Chief Reefer

Finally had some time today to finish things up. Right now the tank looks like a cloudy mess due to having to rescape, so I'll just leave this here for now:

EB0FDA12-A4B0-4500-B043-9995C96216BC_zps

Specs: 24x12x14 Diamond series from advanced acrylic

Went with black baffles and a black euro brace, dosing line holders and probe holders. I call it stealth sump.

Chief Reefer

Wow!!! How did u cut everything out, with it running? Balls of steel....

Not easily lol. There were a few times when the thoughts "what did I get myself into" and "I hope I didn't bite off more than I can chew" we're getting the better of me haha. Stuck withit tho.

That glass baffle system was very hard to get off. Went through about 10 razors before finally separating it from the tank.

All the livestock has made it through. One Acro definitely showing signs of stress, but everything else looking good. Nitrates increased because I was messing with the sand a lot, but I already changed about 20 gal of water since starting the project to combat it.

17ACD976-F677-40B5-9C77-512EE511DE0A_zps

Couple things to note:

- still need to clean up the seams more from the baffle system, and take off 2 more pieces of glass where the media baskets used to rest

- having some issues getting the MAME overflow running properly. I'm trying multiple different pumps with varying GPH - trying to use something I have rather than purchase new. What pumps are you guys using?

- skimmer is still breaking in. Hoping to see some skimmate soon, going on 3 days so far. Lots of micro bubbles, but I think they are reducing in number.

Hope to have some better pics for you guys later. I'm debating mounting all my frags right now to clear my sandbed

Chief Reefer

I'm using the Tunze 1073.02 pump with the mame and it's working good.

Thanks, I was debating on that one. a lot of people like the sicce brand pumps as well.

Another fts with happy open softies and a semi clear sandbed:

694DEBB6-2F47-46FD-973E-144E7C8CF84B_zps

Still need to mount all of these guys;

ORA Green planet

ORA Mint Pavona

ORA Red planet

Red Pocci

Another generic brown/gold/green acro

Slowly but surely!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived