Pod Your Reef

Brad's Mangrove Macro Sanctuary | Taken down! RIP

brad908

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow looks great brad. What fish did you decide on?Any plans for a pistol shrimp?

Tank looks awesome Brad. Can't wait to see it with fish in, are you going with the Yellow Striped Cardinals?

This looks awesome! Looking forward to seeing it grow and being progressed further.

Thanks everyone.

Ended up going with a nice size blue chromis and a few bangaii cardinals. Acclimated them last night, and looked good when I briefly looked this morning.

Going to let the fish settle in, then look for inverts in a couple weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

26AE072E-FE7C-47B3-882E-09DE1656AE27_zps

Looks great. It would be cool if you could build up a bit more sand and/or rock in amongst the mangrove stalks... so that it doesn't plateau. It would look more natural if the slope that you built continues up toward the corner. Just my two cents... but it looks awesome no matter what!

A couple of clams would be legit in there! Are you planning on adding any corals?

Oh that is unique , I love plants incorparated into salt set ups, do you have to put tabs under the stems in the sand or are u dosing nutrients?

Looks great. It would be cool if you could build up a bit more sand and/or rock in amongst the mangrove stalks... so that it doesn't plateau. It would look more natural if the slope that you built continues up toward the corner. Just my two cents... but it looks awesome no matter what!

A couple of clams would be legit in there! Are you planning on adding any corals?

Yea, there are a still things I want to finish up with the scape. I think I am going to do rock nem's and a ton of coco worms in the sand.

Oh that is unique , I love plants incorparated into salt set ups, do you have to put tabs under the stems in the sand or are u dosing nutrients?

I had really rich live mud that I planted the mangroves in. Plus I dump a lot of the skimmer gunk from my other tank in here every once in a while.

Did the water change so the water is cloudy, but looks cyano free.

A0DEF5F9-27C0-42F2-96E2-B72D3563B2CF_zps

Oh Wow that chemi clean really does work wonders. Look at that! Spotless.

One of my favorite tanks Forsure brad

What's next for this tank?

Exotic Reef Creations is sending me a box, probably this week. Not really sure what all is going to be in there. He knows I am looking for coco worms and flower rock nems. We will see.

This weekend I want to go buy some clean up crew and coco worms. The idea is to bury like 4-5 coco worms on each side of the tank in the deep sand. Then put the rock nems all over the rock work.

Wow, chemiclean went nuts x) gotta remember that if I ever run into some cyano. Can't wait to see the new additions! Cardinals look great btw :)

Archived