ReefCleaners.org

Cad Light 12g Zoa Garden

lilmatty5dimes

lilmatty5dimes

oh picking up a few more zoas tomorrow. getting an emerald maul, candy apple reds, pink elephant, and blue hornet in orlando and pink zipper and electric oompa loompa from a friend who i sold these to when i was breaking down my nuvo tank.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lilmatty5dimes

Where you getting the zoas from? Acans look good btw. I saw his thread on R2R. Some nice stuff in there!

yea. i really wanted the poto airbender and ultimate predator. but that is another $300. than we can get into some of the sexy corals pieces he's selling. so far i love the pieceoftheocean(poto) acans this guy name scott over in kissimmee. i'm meeting 2 people at the best buy to sell a few pieces and then off to his house for those. i find him on facebook.

That mushroom is awesome looking man !!! I wish tomorrow would hurry up already lol so we can see these Zoa's !!! I got a few new pieces earlier this evening from Living Reef myself.

lilmatty5dimes

Update time took a 145 mile trip today to Orlando for a few zoas. Picked up some emerald maul, candy apple reds, blue hornets, pink elephant, la lakers, cb rainbow infusion, and blue macaw. Not bad for $160. Almost bought a jawbreaker for $120 but was hoping a guy would get ahold of me when I was over there for his rodi unit. Pics will come tomorrow.

That mushroom is awesome looking man !!! I wish tomorrow would hurry up already lol so we can see these Zoa's !!! I got a few new pieces earlier this evening from Living Reef myself.

Whatcha ya get?

• 1 month later...
lilmatty5dimes

well, neglected the tank for a month and it definitely shows. :furious: all chalices have receded and a couple POTO(pieces of the ocean) acans receded as well. pretty upset about those but nothing i won't be able to get again. probably won't until i get my bigger tank. found a guy with a bubble magus 3.5cs skimmer for sale and going to trade him utters chaos, pink kraks, space monster, blue macaw, nuke green, and sunny d for it. think it'll be a great skimmer. finally got my tunze 3155 ato hooked up and working and also bought a brs 4 stage with an extra di rodi unit for $150 over in orlando. met the guy at living reef orlando and found an awesome store with some great sps selection and few nice zoas. going to probably start doing 3g water changes every 3-4 days until i get the tank looking how it should be. now for some new eye candy.

rodi unit and extra goodies.

5722C78C-79E1-48D7-9A0B-778BE806C40F_zps

1BEC2B89-EC6E-4504-B69A-1AFC2490973A_zps

solar circus, pink elephant, mauls, and rainbow

FB200A8E-6E4A-44BF-8EB4-C3AAE7F8021C_zps

blue rhinos, la lakers, emerald mauls, emeralds on fire, OG capt america

A79CB088-A64D-42A3-A533-8A1B6071A6B1_zps

salted agaves, legion of evil, solar circus, and chong bong

ADA83ACF-7F0F-44BB-B1A4-6DE23799F259_zps

frag rack but showing the tunze 3155(love this)

096CD348-0F6E-4B9E-9624-0C25593CA6A8_zps

Glad to see the Zoa's are loving the neglect man lol. It seems like the dirtier the water,the better they look. Seriously though,whenever you frag,let me know man. Your collection is down right killer !!!

lilmatty5dimes

Glad to see the Zoa's are loving the neglect man lol. It seems like the dirtier the water,the better they look. Seriously though,whenever you frag,let me know man. Your collection is down right killer !!!

Isn't that the true. Only time that gets bad is when algae grows onto the frag and kills it. I'm an addicted. Lol just traded a friend a mag 5 for electric Oompa Loompa, pink zippers, and classic rainbow raptors. Of course he bought these frags from me when he was starting out. Lol

956939F1-E881-4998-B730-7C5CADDA5625_zps

So true,that's why I love Zoa's lol. Dirty bastards !!! I love Pink Zipper's but can never find any at the shops,which is a bummer... :(

At least your rock is nice and purple lol.

lilmatty5dimes

So true,that's why I love Zoa's lol. Dirty bastards !!! I love Pink Zipper's but can never find any at the shops,which is a bummer... :(

At least your rock is nice and purple lol.

let me know what you like and i'll frag some up. wish the tank was doing better cause Alex has some sick pieces for sale right now. i'm trading a guy some zoas for a skimmer so i'm getting the knife out today or tomorrow. weekend is going to be to crazy for me. lol

i've got 2 heads of zippers. don't mind cut one off in a week or so. i honestly wish i had an urchin in there to eat off all that coraline i just don't like it all that much. maaybe its case its all over the place and out of control. lol

Zoa hoarder! It's like crack yo.

LMAO. that's actually right. i've got about 8-10 more of the OZ(original zoas) i want to get them start getting some of the newer/rarer/expensive ones. guy over in orlando is getting some from a friend from CA and has/getting the fire in over here lately.

i wish i would have picked up crack instead sometimes. probably be about 50lbs less. and have more money. lol

lilmatty5dimes

You floridians get all the good shiz. I have some more goodies coming from LC next week!

Lol. Ready to move down? I'm willing to share the Florida love around when the time comes.

Reef kid I can frag a head off that zipper if you want.

lilmatty5dimes

Did a 3g water change siphoned up a ton of nasty crap from the tank. Grabbed all the dead plugs out of the tank and filled a cup and half. Good thing is trying a different powerhead. Golden torch, Duncan, and most of the zoas seem to be loving it. Going to mix up another 3g to change it again over the weekend. Operation get tank back to sps status is on.

Nanofreak79

Nice tank bro! Sticks, another addiction as well. Lol what orange filter are you using? I bought an orange filter for my camera and used it with my iPhone, it looked nothing like yours.

lilmatty5dimes

Nice tank bro! Sticks, another addiction as well. Lol what orange filter are you using? I bought an orange filter for my camera and used it with my iPhone, it looked nothing like yours.

Thanks man. I know 5-6 people that all have high end sticks so getting them isn't a problem. The ones i bought up there where $20 a piece. I did a review on the ones I bought here. The good thing is it comes with 5 different orange filters so you can get the right one. I think the next thing for me is a cheapo clip on Marco lens off amazon. http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/349563-camera-phone-lens-to-filter-blues/?fromsearch=1

I'll PM you matty.

And damn,that lens is pretty cool Freak,I may have to get one. It's a hell of a lot cheaper than the Ollo Clip or whatever it's called.

lilmatty5dimes

Thanks for the link! I bought a clip on macro and wide angle lense for my phone a week ago. I like it, though I haven't used it much. It's one of the better ones I've tried, two different clip style. Here's the one I got!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00O7S3MUQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?qid=1435865329&sr=8-3π=AC_SY200_QL40&keywords=mpow+clip+on&dpPl=1&dpID=417rm-yOOXL&ref=plSrch

thanks. that looks pretty good. i'll get it here soon.

I'll PM you matty.

And damn,that lens is pretty cool Freak,I may have to get one. It's a hell of a lot cheaper than the Ollo Clip or whatever it's called.

sounds good man.

• 2 weeks later...
lilmatty5dimes

just did a lil update on the first post. trued up list for the zoa. i can say my wish list is smaller than my actually list. lol but i need to start fragging up a few and placing them on the rock so they can grow on it. and still have a plug for fragging them. in case you don't want to back track

utter choas
candy apple reds
super saiyan
sunny d
VDM
darth maul
wobbegongs/yodas not sure
blondie
rasta
god of war
blue hornet
rainbows
sunny d

emerald maul

blue rhinos

red hornet

emerald on fire

capt. america

la lakers

wwc spellbinder

blue macaws

wwc pink kraks

pink zippers

tyree space monster

wwc space monster

mandarin orange

chong bong

legion of fire

salted agave

purple hornet

nuke green

maul/rainbow combo

pink elephant

solar circus

king midas

god of war

electric oompa loompa

rainbow raptors

That list though man !!! I can't wait to get those frags,gonna be great additions. No fts's or anything ?! Need to see how this beast is looking nowadays !!!

lilmatty5dimes

who doesn't love pics. lol

tyree space monster(need some coloring up) and mandarin orange, and emerald on fire

33A289F5-D692-452A-8B62-D347D21672B9_zps

emerald maul

A00E3D77-64FD-46B6-81DB-FC97766C1683_zps

solar circus

11E70078-1829-426C-8B0A-68A9D2F7EF93_zps

blue rhino

DCDDB795-C49B-42C9-9ECC-D3C0CE5148C3_zps

cb rainbow infusion

10DA549F-E903-44F9-87CA-E87BEAEBAA7D_zps

golden torch. finally coloring up greatly

B5EF64C7-C727-487E-8BD9-87058A36ABBD_zps

F279A01A-930C-4E0D-B810-88A3AAEA27F3_zps

sweet blasto

D2C5CBE2-93B6-4156-ABDC-F601CF74A014_zps

That list though man !!! I can't wait to get those frags,gonna be great additions. No fts's or anything ?! Need to see how this beast is looking nowadays !!!

pink krak fell off the plug and reglued it. all the others look great. i'll get a fts here tonight. sucks cause everything is really just on my 2 racks for now.

Archived