Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Newtybar's Nuvo 24 Nano - Bye Bye Tank - CRACKED.

Newtybar

Yes. I just added the link to my signature. I don't have much in there yet, but I'm right around the same spot as you so I look forwarding to learning from someone also just learning.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't really like the look of exposed wires on anything I do. I found some white acrylic and decided to make some sort of cover for it. It's raised about half an inch to accommodate a skimmer or reactor if I get those in the future.

Overall, I think it works but I'm not completely happy. May have to fab something else up...

gallery_86188_7_551930.png

Exposed Back/Wires

gallery_86188_7_58208.png

As I was adding my tank images in the gallery, I came across the following image. Not very happy with the shop that sold me the Blueberry Gorgonian and said it was relatively EASY. I should have asked what it was relative to....

med_gallery_47492_7_422701.png

Yeah, I can see how that picture would be a bit off-putting. I have found that the LFS will pretty much tell you anything to make a sale. I was fortunate enough to find a local Aquarium Service company and the guy runs out of his garage. He has beautiful tanks and sells everything at what seems like a great price. He has been really helpful in getting things setup and I haven't found completely contrary information online to what he's saying. My LFS pretty much straight away was full of crap and told me that saltwater and freshwater were both pretty similar and that saltwater was actually easier and less expensive.

How's the Blueberry Gorgonian doing?

I like the acrylic cover for the back of the tank. I think it looks a lot cleaner with that on there.

Look what came in the mail today. Thanks for the InTank media basket pal!

med_gallery_86188_9_142792.jpg

Yeah, I can see how that picture would be a bit off-putting. I have found that the LFS will pretty much tell you anything to make a sale. I was fortunate enough to find a local Aquarium Service company and the guy runs out of his garage. He has beautiful tanks and sells everything at what seems like a great price. He has been really helpful in getting things setup and I haven't found completely contrary information online to what he's saying. My LFS pretty much straight away was full of crap and told me that saltwater and freshwater were both pretty similar and that saltwater was actually easier and less expensive.

How's the Blueberry Gorgonian doing?

I like the acrylic cover for the back of the tank. I think it looks a lot cleaner with that on there.

Gorgonian actually seems to be doing well. I need to find one of those vendors. It seems like i found a pretty good local fish store who seems honest about what I should and shouldn't get.

Got some more livestock ....seems like I'm stocking everything that is highly discouraged in this forum.

Got a tiny baby cowfish and a baby blue tang during a super cheap sale

Blue tang was to make the wife happy and like the tank (which is important for the continuation of this hobby).

Cowfish...I just couldn't resist...this thing is just way too likable.

I plan on reselling or giving them away when they get too big.

• 2 weeks later...

I love the orbit thus far, a bit too early to tell if the corals are happy or not, but all my polyps open up everyday and the torch seems really extended and happy.

Not sure, though I have suspicion it is due to the curved glass.

Horrible. Do you know what generation your tank is? The serial number should be on the upper right side.

so sorry to hear about the cracked IM tank. really hope IM takes care of you.

Thanks all for the support. Not sure I want another one of these though...don't want to live in fear.

Here's what I've done so far thanks to the help on the beginner forum (in panic I posted on the help forum...)

1) Got a large storage bin and put all my livestock in there

2) Put in a powerhead

3) Using a pump that I use to mix salt water for additional water movement

4) Put in heater

5) Put in the filter media (minus carbon), so that it's less cycling if I get a new tank (I may just donate my livestock and be done with this...still deciding).

7) Took the clown and nem and put them in main bin.

8) Tried to see if my light worked....water got on timer device and it seems to be stuck at 98% blue and 60% white. Better than nothing I guess.

My clown is spazzing out....due to stress.

Cow is mellow and going about his day

Tang is chill.

Bam Bam zoas came out a bit so I know that's still alive...haven't seen the GSP's, Haven't seen the rastas either. Torch is tucked in.

Here's the shallow rimless tank I've always wanted...be careful what you wish for!

med_gallery_86188_3_43806.jpg

Horrible. Do you know what generation your tank is? The serial number should be on the upper right side.

I'm probably going home at lunch to check on the fish. Will get it to you then.

Ok, I jsut ran home in the middle of a workday to check on my livestock. IM contacted me and wanted pictures of the crack with the serial code sticker next to it so I did that as well.

Serial: 04/13/0601T/236

Ok, I jsut ran home in the middle of a workday to check on my livestock. IM contacted me and wanted pictures of the crack with the serial code sticker next to it so I did that as well.

Serial: 04/13/0601T/236

It sounds like you have a first generation tank (really thin glass and lots of failures) since the last digits are 236. The second generation line was in the 400s and higher (mine is 518). I hope they take care of you. Please keep us posted.

Archived