inTank Media Baskets

Newtybar's Nuvo 24 Nano - Bye Bye Tank - CRACKED.

Newtybar

It sounds like you have a first generation tank (really thin glass and lots of failures) since the last digits are 236. The second generation line was in the 400s and higher (mine is 518). I hope they take care of you. Please keep us posted.

Well that is good to know for everyone still out there!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to hear about your tank! I had a 16G leak and they made me send it back at my cost and I still haven't gotten my replacement after months of waiting. Hope you have better luck than I did. They are sending me the 20g though. So the curved glass is def getting phased out by them!

Polarcollision

It sounds like you have a first generation tank (really thin glass and lots of failures) since the last digits are 236. The second generation line was in the 400s and higher (mine is 518). I hope they take care of you. Please keep us posted.

Hey! My serial # is 520. We're tank siblings. LOL

Sorry to hear about your tank! I had a 16G leak and they made me send it back at my cost and I still haven't gotten my replacement after months of waiting. Hope you have better luck than I did. They are sending me the 20g though. So the curved glass is def getting phased out by them!

Thanks Nanofever and everyone else!

I'm actually fortunate enough that I live close (35 minutes) and was able to swap mine out for a Fusion 30L. To tell you the truth I liked the look of the 24 better (also white goes much better with my house and furniture). But hey at least it is something...I would be a lot more upset if this happened when I wasn't home and my entire house floor was ruined.

My anemone moved up to my heater and got burned which is a bummer. Attached is my new setup. I'm tempted to stain the stand white.

med_gallery_86188_3_102232.jpg

Hey Newtybar- this is terrible- my condolences what a horrible experience to go through- all of us with these rounded Nuvo's ( mines a 16) are nervous. So it sounds like you were able to save your Livestock? The new tank looks good- hope it all works out for you !

Glad you were able to swap it out. While your first tank looked great in white I think you will like the 30. Keep us posted on how you transfer everything. Hope everything makes it into the new tank for you.

Glad you were able to swap it out. While your first tank looked great in white I think you will like the 30. Keep us posted on how you transfer everything. Hope everything makes it into the new tank for you.

Thanks everyone.

After a lot of work, I've set up a new tank and it looks like everything has made it. Hopefully, the nem pulls through after it got burned. it seems to look decent in the day and then deflate in the evening. When it deflates, half of it falls off the rock...leading me to believe somehow the foot got damaged.

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/355607-newtybars-fusion-30l-the-resurrection/?p=4917828

I haven't logged in due to the holidays and just read about your misfortune. I'm sorry that you had to go through all of that and I'm glad to hear you got everything back up and running and you were able to save the livestock.

Great job...now post some pics of the new setup up and running!

Archived