Coral Vue Hydros

36g Shallow AIO

jabeuy

HarryPotter

Doesn't look like the original 36g AIO is going back up. I'll probably sell it, or use it as a QT tank haha.

Current holding tank:

19876880109_0a54ec3219_c.jpg2015-07-04 15.37.25 by JB Uy, on Flickr

Hey really like this tank! Dimensions are pretty cool. Some recent tanks with the "modern shallow" look are missing out on the vertical aspect of reefs

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey really like this tank! Dimensions are pretty cool. Some recent tanks with the "modern shallow" look are missing out on the vertical aspect of reefs

Thanks! Yup, I agree, I can't pinpoint it but there's something about the taller tank that I like. The original was 13", this one is 18", but the difference is huge to me.

When are setting up the big tank- 200gal. Wasn't it?

Placed the order last week!

And yeah, 200 or so gallons. It's 75"x30" x22", with 3" of the 75" being an internal coast to coast overflow.

Sk8n Reefer

Placed the order last week!

And yeah, 200 or so gallons. It's 75"x30" x22", with 3" of the 75" being an internal coast to coast overflow.

Sweet! That's awesome- what are you gonna use for lighting

Sweet! That's awesome- what are you gonna use for lighting

I picked up 2 GHL mitras. Each is supposed to cover 36"x36". I'm planning on doing mostly LPS in this one, so I hope that'll be enough.

Sk8n Reefer

I picked up 2 GHL mitras. Each is supposed to cover 36"x36". I'm planning on doing mostly LPS in this one, so I hope that'll be enough.

Ya, plans always change- looking forward to seeing it full of sticks?

Hi I was reading another tread of yours regarding having chyno or something else with brown crusty sandbed , well I am going thru this now and I have moved all my fish to another tank . Can you let me know how I can red rid of this? Cos I see your tank now and I think it's the same tank and it looks great now. Please let me know cos I am at a lost how to treat it. Thanks

Hi I was reading another tread of yours regarding having chyno or something else with brown crusty sandbed , well I am going thru this now and I have moved all my fish to another tank . Can you let me know how I can red rid of this? Cos I see your tank now and I think it's the same tank and it looks great now. Please let me know cos I am at a lost how to treat it. Thanks

Most effective for me was getting a strawberry conch. It ate up whatever that brown stuff was.

• 1 month later...

The original AIO just got recommissioned!

The temporary tank was sitting in the spot my new tank will be going in, so I had to shift it over a bit, back into the AIO.

I needed to figure out how much extra water I'd need to make to fill up the AIO, so took the chance to measure the chambers and display, then calculate total gallons. Only 26g, barebottom. Back when I had sand, must've been much less. No wonder the tank had so many algae issues with 4 fish in it.

Archived