SaltCritters.com

Tristan's Custom PicO (NewFts)

TristanC

Pink streaked wrasse or possum wrasse. I always recommend the pink streaked wrasse, great fish and it would work in your tank.

^This. I'm trying to look for one for a loooooong time..... then school happened and I stopped. Diver's Den has one once in awhile though. Another cool little wrasse is the Possum Wrasse but they're pretty cryptic.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They have them stock on liveaquaria and blue zoo or they did last I checked. That is if you don't have an lfs that can order one for you

^This. I'm trying to look for one for a loooooong time..... then school happened and I stopped. Diver's Den has one once in awhile though. Another cool little wrasse is the Possum Wrasse but they're pretty cryptic.

Im looking into them as we speak, definitely a possibility.

Im looking into them as we speak, definitely a possibility.

I asked Age like around Aug and asked to to preorder one for me. They never called me back :(

Updates? :D

Actually... I will be adding what little livestock I have into the tank tonight after a water change :) Also I was checking out an lfs and I may have found a suitable mate for Pete, only thing is it is much smaller so I will probably have to rename Pete lol. Its a very nice looking true percula that has much more prominent coloration than Pete, may be picking him up in the next few days.

Actually... I will be adding what little livestock I have into the tank tonight after a water change :) Also I was checking out an lfs and I may have found a suitable mate for Pete, only thing is it is much smaller so I will probably have to rename Pete lol. Its a very nice looking true percula that has much more prominent coloration than Pete, may be picking him up in the next few days.

Yay! I must live through you for the time being till I figure out a tank :P

Yay! I must live through you for the time being till I figure out a tank :P

Haha, Im alright with that. I need to figure out how to take better tank shots with my iPhone, its hard to really appreciate the tank with mediocre pictures...

I should be ordering a cuc from reef cleaners on monday as well.

Didn't you have a DSLR before?

Are you planning to order a CUC pack, or customize your own?

Well I used to use my girlfriends dslr, I recently moved so it won't be as easy to get a hold of it. As for the cuc I will probably order one of his packs but probably for half the size I actually have. I have ordered from him before and he give ALOT of extras.

Well I used to use my girlfriends dslr, I recently moved so it won't be as easy to get a hold of it. As for the cuc I will probably order one of his packs but probably for half the size I actually have. I have ordered from him before and he give ALOT of extras.

Maybe time to save for a DSLR or 4/3 camera? :P Livestock or toys, always a tough decision.

I wish we had a similar place in Canada for CUC. I have to piece everything out separately, and some stores definitely label incorrectly.. <_<

I can't wait to see more pics though!

Maybe time to save for a DSLR or 4/3 camera? :P Livestock or toys, always a tough decision.

I wish we had a similar place in Canada for CUC. I have to piece everything out separately, and some stores definitely label incorrectly.. <_<

I can't wait to see more pics though!

Problem is, this isn't my only expensive hobby :( Piecing together a cuc can be a bitch, I'm glad I have reef cleaners lol.

Shooting/Firearms. I only have two at the moment, but that stuff gets expensive quick.

my wife has 4...tell me about it. our bookshelves turned into ammo storage with a few thousand rounds of 9s and 45s. she "pets" her kimber....

my wife has 4...tell me about it. our bookshelves turned into ammo storage with a few thousand rounds of 9s and 45s. she "pets" her kimber....

Never let her go, thats hard to find my friend. My girlfriend is a good sport about it and will even shoot with me sometimes, but I can't have them out when she is over or it scares her. My most recent project is a long range precision rifle, so of course to her its big and scary lol.

Well everything has been added to the tank, I also picked up another clown from IRC as all livestock was 20% off today. You will notice that I redid the scape, so far I'm really liking it and I can imagine it will look pretty amazing once I start filling it all in. Let me know what you guys think!

15101877143_5dd904bc22_c.jpgIMG_5176 by crawford1989, on Flickr

15697529776_d98eb21629_c.jpgIMG_5178 by crawford1989, on Flickr

15101876913_017750b09b_c.jpgIMG_5179 by crawford1989, on Flickr

iPhone quality pictures aren't the greatest.

Wow! I really like the new scape, bravo.

How is the new clown getting along with Pete?

Thank you! New clown is getting along great. Pete is quite a bit bigger and the smaller clown is very submissive, so far so good. I will say that the new clown has really nice coloring, much more black than Pete.

your clowns look great!

Thank you, I can't wait for them to pair up. I can't imagine it will take that long.

Well I effed up... New clown has brooklynella and looks like holy hell today.. Both are going into a hospital tank.

Daww, that sucks.

On the bright side, you've got an amazing scape to stare at!

Daww, that sucks.

On the bright side, you've got an amazing scape to stare at!

Yeah I'm really bummed, I asked all my local stores if they carry formalin and none of them do. Some say it is illegal in CA but I'm not sure. Thanks for the complement though! I guess for the next 6 weeks I will just be adding coral.

that sucks! i hope both makes it out of the hospital tank.

Yeah me too. I don't want to be a pessimist but the new clown has gotten really bad over the course of the day and I just don't see him pulling through. Fins are all tattered, rapid breathing, white mucus all over, eyes are getting cloudy. Pete is not that bad but he is starting to show signs. From all that I have read this disease will kill in a matter of days so I'm doing what I can.

Archived