Innovative Marine Aquariums

Mini frag tank lighting advice

Hecdr34

Hi you have a great looking set up. I am yet to start my tank but I am doing research and love what you have done. I am new so understanding all the plumbing system is a bit challenging at times. Can you sort of draw a diagram as to how the plumbing work from sump to DT? I am just intrigue. If you don't mind. Thanks

Awesome is all I have to say. Following!

Thank you

Hi you have a great looking set up. I am yet to start my tank but I am doing research and love what you have done. I am new so understanding all the plumbing system is a bit challenging at times. Can you sort of draw a diagram as to how the plumbing work from sump to DT? I am just intrigue. If you don't mind. Thanks

Thanks. I'll draw something up and I'll send it to you. Good luck with your setup

This is looking awesome, are you running a skimmer on this?

Thanks. I was planning on using a SCA 301 or Nac 3.5 but I decided not to. I'll be doing a 5 gallon water change weekly and I think that should be enough for this tank

i like skimmers just because 30% of the nitrates instantly gone :)

I like skimming don't get me wrong but I've had better results not skimming in my previous z/p setup. The 5 gallon water change and my fuge will be more than enough for this size tank

Thanks I am looking forward to the drawing I keep thinking about how the water flow from top to bottom without emptying the top tank and overflowing the bottom...;))) This is how much I know about plumbing...;)))

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking of building a different one. This setup might be up for sale

dude, you go through builds like underwear lol

hit me up if you decide to sell, might be interested.

dude, you go through builds like underwear lol

hit me up if you decide to sell, might be interested.

Lol...I really do. I've had a hand full of people asking to buy it so I might sell it and build something else

Your color coordination is :wub:

Thank you :)

Dude this is sweet! Love the design - the white and red looks sharp. You went with the Nano, and then considered the Kessil? May I ask why? I am just curious as I recently picked up a Nano. Haven't been running long enough to see if it's going to do the job or not.

• 5 years later...

Hi! I know this happened a lot time ago but you inspire me to do something similar, thanks for the idea! 

if you don’t mind, can you show the set up of your plumbing work? that would help me a lot because I’m not good in this part. Haha

Hi! I know this happened a lot time ago but you inspire me to do something similar, thanks for the idea! 

if you don’t mind, can you show the set up of your plumbing work? that would help me a lot because I’m not good in this part. Haha