SaltCritters.com

The Bestiarium

Dryland

Pavona are cool corals you don't see that often- always wanted one of them too

I really like the look of A. Lokani, but I am hesitant to get any acropora until I start seeing better results from of my M. Setosa. Though if I wait too long it will probably be illegal by then.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like the look of A. Lokani, but I am hesitant to get any acropora until I start seeing better results from of my M. Setosa. Though if I wait too long it will probably be illegal by then.

Argh- don't say that! How is it going with that have you've heard- are we losing our hobby or Acros

Argh- don't say that! How is it going with that have you've heard- are we losing our hobby or Acros

I'm not sure where things stand at the moment but I know we aren't in the clear. My understanding is that if it were to pass they could basically ban the sale and even ownership of certain species. I have also read that since the customs people aren't marine biologists, misidentification is a concern so the trend will be to reject corals that share a resemblance with the listed species, which would basically result in a prohibition on SPS.

Got an order coming in tuesday from legendary corals. Most of my existing coral is green, and with the tide fixture on the way I want a broader palette to illuminate, so I chose frags with an eye towards blues and pinks.

Got an order coming in tuesday from legendary corals. Most of my existing coral is green, and with the tide fixture on the way I want a broader palette to illuminate, so I chose frags with an eye towards blues and pinks.

Nice- watcha get watcha get!

Nice- watcha get watcha get!

-2 zoas (blowpops and chong bongs)

-LC cotton cotton candy massacre micromussa

-LC blue dreams acan

-Tyree miami hurricane chalice

Just got an order in from the peeps over at Legendary Corals. This is the most securely packaged order I have ever received. The frags were inside vacuum seal bags, and each plug had a little plastic condiment container to prevent the coral from touching anything (like a rabies collar). I'll get some pictures this evening when the lights come on.

15814257324_34045bcf2a_h.jpgIMG_3116 by dryland970, on Flickr

Very nice- like that fts! That chalice is really nice. How's your Trach been doing- staying in place?

Thanks! The trachy seemed pretty content to be nudged up against the plate, but I decided to move them apart this evening just in case.

Awesome! I can't wait to see how that zoa turns out, man.

Great FTS! ;)

Thanks, I'm excited too. Hopefully it grows quickly.

I scored an aquacultured percula from my LFS yesterday.. He is a quick little dude and I couldn't get him into focus:

16271038470_d1be6a52cc_h.jpgIMG_3158 by dryland970, on Flickr

As far as names I am still undecided between 1) Perculese 2) Leonard Nemoy and 3) Chancho.

Legendary Corals

Just got an order in from the peeps over at Legendary Corals. This is the most securely packaged order I have ever received. The frags were inside vacuum seal bags, and each plug had a little plastic condiment container to prevent the coral from touching anything (like a rabies collar). I'll get some pictures this evening when the lights come on.

15814257324_34045bcf2a_h.jpgIMG_3116 by dryland970, on Flickr

Dump:

Blue Dreams Acans

16439675045_5439aa2d8f_h.jpgIMG_2675 by dryland970, on Flickr

Miami Hurricane Chalice

16437910741_c41b3950ed_h.jpgIMG_2676 by dryland970, on Flickr

Cotton Candy Massacre Micromussa

16437939701_a3c3c10369_h.jpgIMG_2701 by dryland970, on Flickr

Lava Lamp Shroom

16253451839_e0059d089d_h.jpgIMG_2697 by dryland970, on Flickr

Chong Bong zoa

16437941701_88e5a609ea_h.jpgIMG_2704 by dryland970, on Flickr

FTS

16252075298_b70d45a5e4_h.jpgIMG_3131 by dryland970, on Flickr

Those photos look superb, and thank you so much for the feedback and mini post-unboxing photo! We love seeing our corals in their new homes, and it looks like they're loving your tank.

Those photos look superb, and thank you so much for the feedback and mini post-unboxing photo! We love seeing our corals in their new homes, and it looks like they're loving your tank.

No problem and thanks! I'm stoked on the corals you guys sent me.

I scored an aquacultured percula from my LFS yesterday.. He is a quick little dude and I couldn't get him into focus:

16271038470_d1be6a52cc_h.jpgIMG_3158 by dryland970, on Flickr

As far as names I am still undecided between 1) Perculese 2) Leonard Nemoy and 3) Chancho.

I think Chancho is a good name, too. Your tank is on point! Keep up the good work, man.

I think Chancho is a good name, too. Your tank is on point! Keep up the good work, man.

Thanks dude, there is still a lot to be done but I'm enjoying every minute of it.

Here is a (slightly) better shot of El Chanchito:

16472334611_932d073abd_h.jpgIMG_3206 by dryland970, on Flickr

Dang ! Moving along- do they fight when they come in contact? who's the winner?

I would say that it qualifies as fighting, that or the trachy just really wanted to be in the same spot as the fungia. I moved the plate this time, so if he tries to steamroll it again that will be proof of prior intent.

Archived