Top Shelf Aquatics

B's 65 Gallons of Doom

jbb

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The red one would fit in nicely here :lol:

TBH, I've got summer tires on my car. Though, I say **** it, when it's ice or even wintery mix and work from home, though that's slightly harder for you to do :P

that's slightly harder for you to do :P

Keep thinking that. I just say **** it, and stay home getting paid to do nothing B)

Keep thinking that. I just say **** it, and stay home getting paid to do nothing B)

**** you! I have to remote in an actually try to work with two kids demanding my attention!

**** you! I have to remote in an actually try to work with two kids demanding my attention!

sounds like you need a better job. I will add that to the interview discussion IF I ever get to meet with them.

sounds like you need a better job. I will add that to the interview discussion IF I ever get to meet with them.

Eh, if that's the worst thing that happens here that I have to work on snow days, it's more than tolerable. I work less and make more than the last place, so I really have nothing to complain about.

Also, really DallasStars? Really??? 1.1seconds left? COME ON!

OMG! They actually win one in OT! I need to go to bed before I wake up from this dream!

I would say 90% of people here in Indiana drive with regular tires. Haven't seen snow tires on a car in years. But we do have a little product to help with ice :) think they call it salt.

Also, really DallasStars? Really??? 1.1seconds left? COME ON!

OMG! They actually win one in OT! I need to go to bed before I wake up from this dream!

My blood pressure has taken a hit tonight :eek:

I would say 90% of people here in Indiana drive with regular tires. Haven't seen snow tires on a car in years. But we do have a little product to help with ice :) think they call it salt.

for some reason they like to use sand here. They have recently started using a brine mix.

My blood pressure has taken a hit tonight :eek:

for some reason they like to use sand here. They have recently started using a brine mix.

They apply a liquid brine mix to the highways before the snow comes. It helps remove the snow easier. Then they plow it off and use salt. They also use sand here but mainly in country roads.

They apply a liquid brine mix to the highways before the snow comes. It helps remove the snow easier. Then they plow it off and use salt. They also use sand here but mainly in country roads.

That might be where our bigger problem lies . Our systems always start out as rain possibly washing away enough of the brine to be uneffective, then freezing rain / sleet , followed by snow. The snow is the rare part for us, it usually stops growing and just stays in the ice stage.

Should I ?

(NanoBox Hybrid / DSA Neo 65 / Modern Stand (white) / Tideline Sump)

Or

(Same light / 36x24x15 peninsula (external overflow) / similar stand / same sump)

Lemme know :)

I prefer shallow, so I'd go custom. :)

I should have the quote today for the shallow build, so that will play a part in the decision.

jedimasterben

I vote custom with a floating overflow. If I can help it, I will never again have a tank with the bottom drilled.

Also, lawnpimp for president yo!

Ok money just dropped off for the custom build .

36.5 x 24.5 x 15 Rimless

External Overflow 15" wide with a return on each side.

PVC Bottom

Clear Silicone

omgomgomg

I said neither because I like your 20 and think you should ride it out. That or go with the Neo65 set up. Peninsulas can be nice, but I feel like they take up a LOT of space in a room because of the way they stick out. If you go upgrade and you sell your sump and/or overflow...

Edit: I am too late on all fronts it seems, lol.

Edit edit: How big is your current sump? What overflow are you using again? I guess I COULD go find that out, but it's easier to ask ;)

I said neither because I like your 20 and think you should ride it out. That or go with the Neo65 set up. Peninsulas can be nice, but I feel like they take up a LOT of space in a room because of the way they stick out. If you go upgrade and you sell your sump and/or overflow...

Edit: I am too late on all fronts it seems, lol.

Edit edit: How big is your current sump? What overflow are you using again? I guess I COULD go find that out, but it's easier to ask ;)

Sump is just a 10g aquarium , overflow is a cpr type siphon overflow. The 20 is a good tank, and I really like it, so I will be sad to see it go.

Where the peninsula will go is in a spot that will not be in the way, and will separate my living room and dining room.

I snagged a few pics of the Zia frags. For the most part all is good, but there were a couple of casualties possibly caused by the 5hr delay in delivery.

We will start with the bad

If I look from the top down, it appears that there MAY be a VERY tiny bit of life, but it could be wishful thinking

16512295697_c1caa584c2_z.jpg

This one is hanging in there

16533447859_1a3876e206_z.jpg

Now, On to the good

16512297897_68a57479cf_z.jpg

16693677406_4bae599bf0_z.jpg

16512302777_fb52d0ffe7_z.jpg

16532160160_e8f206b7cc_z.jpg

16099634403_be432c2071_z.jpg

16533458439_1602aac751_z.jpg

16099636673_76d5c5dbda_z.jpg

this one even had polyp extension when I opened the box