SaltCritters.com

Budget Nuvo 16 (Pics of new premium snowflakes)

lilmatty5dimes

lilmatty5dimes

Nice CARS...I think that $100 for 17 polyps (my count) is a deal.

Would watch what looks like a tuft of GHA on that frag plug though!

Your tank is off to a great start, but you may think about upgrading your lights some time.

thanks. yea theres a few heads on the back. i only wanted $20 worth and he said the whole plug for $100. couldn't refuse that. lol i'm probably going to be fragging those to get some cash for an ato here today since i spent an extra $80 for this plug. lol

i bought another plug with some gha on it and went straight to the lfs to get 10 blue legged crabs to try get rid of it a natural way. figured a few days if the crabs didn't get it i would give it a peroxide dip. so far it worked pretty well.

i just sold my stock lights to buy some full spectrum evergrow led. should be here next weekend. if i want to switch and go old school i've got a mh/t5 fixture i can throw on as well. time will tell. i know that 6700k bulb will grow the sh!t out of coral tho.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lilmatty5dimes

well, friend had an electric oompa loompa zoa for sale for $30 and had to jump on it and another guy had a bright red mushroom and an acan bowerbanki for $5 a piece. not a big mushroom fan but its pretty bright so i figured what the hell. lol also picked up a small red scooter and got my rw4. in all pretty good day. i've got to play with the rock work a lil tomorrow along with doing a WC and i'll get the pump installed. can't wait. of course pics will come up tomorrow or later tonight.

lilmatty5dimes

Well, did some maintenance on the tank. siphoned the back chamber, cleaned the pump, and did a 5g WC. also reaquascaped the tank and hopefully it'll be better with the rw4. trying to get some pics of the newly added stuff tonight.

lilmatty5dimes

New FTS

IMG_0703_zps716ced21.jpg

electric oompa loompa

IMG_0705_zps2bae2439.jpg

mayan sun

IMG_0706_zpsc612c9fd.jpg

new acan bowerbanki and red shroom

IMG_0707_zps33142869.jpg

acan eating a mysis shrimp

IMG_0710_zps46383cc2.jpg

leftover cars from fragging

IMG_0708_zps52e1e806.jpg

acan

IMG_0709_zps0991b1b2.jpg

red scooter

IMG_0712_zps3ef5d0ea.jpg

IMG_0713_zps29ffa61e.jpg

lilmatty5dimes

Well, say good bye to the t5's. lol i finally got some time to hang my leds that i got on friday. i think it looks pretty good for only $10. had the pipe and most of the hardware just needed the 90* elbow($5 half my budget lol). trimmed the side of the dresser so the pipe could sit flush against it and cut the pipes, drilled them, and painted them and the finally results(have to wait til i get the camera out). lol plus i have to figure out the white balance now. up now is dinner and than hooking up the rw4. what a wonderful day. lol

lilmatty5dimes

We've got some pics. not the greatest. haven't adjusted the white balance yet. lol but you'll get the idea. here we go.

whole set up

IMG_0716_zpsfb9387d1.jpg

5 star frogspawn i don't see it yet.

IMG_0717_zpsb548bcef.jpg

mayan sun looks so much better under the blues

IMG_0721_zpsb46206c2.jpg

deal of the week $5 rbta. size of nickel once i placed him in the tank.

IMG_0722_zps3eb5b734.jpg

2 hours later and after hooking up rw4

IMG_0787_zpsb730a3e5.jpg

son looking in the tank

IMG_0724_zps9d57ee8a.jpg

IMG_0726_zps87978b86.jpg

electric oompa loompa

IMG_0733_zps04b8faaf.jpg

acan bowerbanki and shroom

IMG_0734_zpsf9d3d164.jpg

clowns(thinking of selling them)

IMG_0730_zpsd790cc66.jpg

fts

IMG_0737_zpse81d0da9.jpg

hanging leds

IMG_0740_zpsacd60ed3.jpg

IMG_0764_zps21b9cc5f.jpg

sunny d

IMG_0766_zps7b9b014b.jpg

rasta

IMG_0783_zps2bfbd4c1.jpg

Cameron6796

One thing and one of only things I dislike about my lfs is their frags are just listed as frags, so I'll be asking for a lot of ids lol but I can get awesome 25$ zoa frags the size of tennis balls

Awesome looking tank! Following along. I love the picture of your son checking out the tank. How is that RW-4 working out for ya? I am excited to try mine.

lilmatty5dimes

One thing and one of only things I dislike about my lfs is their frags are just listed as frags, so I'll be asking for a lot of ids lol but I can get awesome 25$ zoa frags the size of tennis balls

i know how that is. when looking for zoas i usually go thru other reefers. some lfs know what they have. thats a pretty good price for them. sure beats a single or double head of something.

Awesome looking tank! Following along. I love the picture of your son checking out the tank. How is that RW-4 working out for ya? I am excited to try mine.

Thanks. You as well. Good luck with the upgrade. yea i love that one the best. the rw4 is awesome. be careful the first time putting it in. its got some serious power. had a 3" wave going in a mater of 10sec trying to lower the setting. lol mine is on the lowest setting might go up one more but that creates enough flow i think. time to start on a few sps pieces.

Steensj2004

Looking good! I dont think I can cram any more coral into my 16. Bought two larger colonies of SPS yesterday, had to rescape just to find a spot for them. :D

lilmatty5dimes

Looking good! I dont think I can cram any more coral into my 16. Bought two larger colonies of SPS yesterday, had to rescape just to find a spot for them. :D

thanks. I'm sure there is always room to cram some more stuff. lol

lilmatty5dimes

Haha, you say that, buuuuuut......

Lol. I always says "where there's a will there's a way. Going to check your thread.

lilmatty5dimes

Well find a killer deal on a im skimmer so going to give it a try. Hopefully I'll get some good results. Time will tell.

lilmatty5dimes

Got some acrylic yesterday to start making a false wall up to hide all the equipment in the back or the skimmer cup when I start using it. Should have the cutting parts finished today then bonding it together and painting it black.

lilmatty5dimes

Here is the cover I made. I used 1/8" acrylic( easier to score and break) and put right angle braces. Love mine!

Awesome that's what I'm planning on doing. What did you use to bond them together?

Steensj2004

Awesome that's what I'm planning on doing. What did you use to bond them together?

I used Loctite brand super glue gel, no need for acrylic solvent. Works like a champ!

lilmatty5dimes

i bought some jb weld clearweld. think its going to work just fine. i attempted to paint the wall and it looks like complete crap. scraped it all off and tried again and didn't do any better so i'll be grabbing another piece and attempting again if it does look bad. on a sad note the cars aren't selling as good as i liked. i figured $10pp is a good steal. i did find a guy to trade me a joe the coral frag so it'll be the second sps in the tank. don't think my frogs or rbta is liking the rw. they don't get very puffy when its on. kinda of bummed out about that. trying to move it around and find that sweet spot.

Here is the cover I made. I used 1/8" acrylic( easier to score and break) and put right angle braces. Love mine!

Wish I could do this on my tank but feeder + fan unit means it wouldn't work. Slick idea.

lilmatty5dimes

well got the skimmer and damn were the reviews correct about the bubbles. my daughter loves it cause "its snowing inside the tank and the fishy love the snow". lol the sad thing is its pulling out some nasty crap from the tank. i might keep it and just run it at night when i won't see it that why it'll pull the stuff out. still considering the options. all in all need to do a water change tomorrow and clean the back chamber and take a lil more of the sand bed out or at least the bigger rocks and pieces. the anemones is looking good after having me worry a bit about him.

on a side note got a cad light 12g tank for free and trying to decide what to do with it. need some ideas. lol

lilmatty5dimes

Wish I could do this on my tank but feeder + fan unit means it wouldn't work. Slick idea.

Thanks to sangheili i've got a ato on the way. thanks again man.

Pesciolino69

Hello first, congratulations on the tank. I read in the description that uses new Tunze 3152, would you meet desvrivere the differences?

lilmatty5dimes

Cad lights 12 for free what that's awesome man.

Do a single torch with some sexy shrimps

that might work out. need to find a sweet looking torch first. lol the other thing would be a goby/shrimp pair. i just don't want my tank to look like a snow globe again after the last pair.

Hello first, congratulations on the tank. I read in the description that uses new Tunze 3152, would you meet desvrivere the differences?

sorry what do you mean?

Archived