Innovative Marine Aquariums

MarquiseO's 30G NUVO Fusion 30L---Firefish jumped ship AGAIN....

ReviloM

Awesome! I want those Yumas....wow, beautiful!

Thanks!

Better images and pics of zoas:

14691049154_73e4af071f_c.jpg

14690265431_fce8403075_c.jpg

14506794108_1e371069b9_c.jpg

14506789329_7b736a500d_c.jpg

14693450225_46619878ed_c.jpg

14506795058_b5317848d8_c.jpg

14506795778_726d2a55a2_c.jpg

14506766360_ab7f9a1b86_c.jpg

14693163352_11581979fb_c.jpg

14507002627_5f5fe2df59_c.jpg

14506767670_507ab0fa1c_c.jpg

14693452605_3fe867cd45_c.jpg

14506797938_b69af35285_c.jpg

I will post pics of my flame wrasse when the 30L clears up. I also have some other zoas I need to take images of.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow that all looks fantastic!

Thanks! I am hoping to get some more nice yumas soon. I am just waiting on the call from my lfs.

i want those yumas. they have such a pop in color. stunning.

That's why I had to get them. They were under 18K'ish (Maxspect Celestial) when I took these photos.

Update: Starting to be irritated with the Fusion 30L. It is still cloudy. I don't know why. I took the rock out yesterday and blasted it in a plastic bin which removed all the debris. I did about 75% water change and still cloudy. It is not a bacterial bloom. It is suspended particles which the filtration is not removing which makes me hate the tank. I think I might just sell it and get something with a sump. Severely frustrated!!!!

Update:

*Changed filter pad in media rack last night to 100 micro filter pad.
*Tested water last night(7/20): Nitrite and Ammonia came back 0. Nitrate at 5.
*Just tested now(7/21): Same Results
* Tank still cloudy but a slightly less cloudy.

Wife states to just buy a new tank with a sump instead so I will do just that.

lilmatty5dimes

man sorry to hear this. i had a 57g rimless and it did the same thing. it took about 3 weeks to get it to clear up. i still have no idea what was making it so cloudy. it was only 18" wide and you couldn't see the overflow(stuck out 3") looking straight thru.

IMG_8234_zps5a5f3d72.jpg

man sorry to hear this. i had a 57g rimless and it did the same thing. it took about 3 weeks to get it to clear up. i still have no idea what was making it so cloudy. it was only 18" wide and you couldn't see the overflow(stuck out 3") looking straight thru.

IMG_8234_zps5a5f3d72.jpg

I can't wait three weeks for it clear. I get angrier each day I walk through the door and its sitll cloudy. I may remove the AIO and drill the tank if it isn't sold in 2 weeks.

Cloudy water can sometimes mean a bacteria bloom. If that is what is causing it, it should pass within a couple days.

Edit: Just read a little more above and realized you already said its not a bacteria bloom. Not sure what could be causing your cloudiness.

I wish you good luck. Following along to see what the outcome is.

Cloudy water can sometimes mean a bacteria bloom. If that is what is causing it, it should pass within a couple days.

That's why I had to get them. They were under 18K'ish (Maxspect Celestial) when I took these photos.

Update: Starting to be irritated with the Fusion 30L. It is still cloudy. I don't know why. I took the rock out yesterday and blasted it in a plastic bin which removed all the debris. I did about 75% water change and still cloudy. It is not a bacterial bloom. It is suspended particles which the filtration is not removing which makes me hate the tank. I think I might just sell it and get something with a sump. Severely frustrated!!!!

danschargers21

I fail to see how cloudy water is the fault of an all in one tank. I don't see how buying a new tank with a sump will solve your problems... My tank was cloudy for about a week then one day it was clear... Maybe you just don't have enough good bacteria in the system yet? Could try a bacteria in a bottle like Dr. Tims see if that speeds the process along? Worth trying IMO then starting all over again.

I fail to see how cloudy water is the fault of an all in one tank. I don't see how buying a new tank with a sump will solve your problems... My tank was cloudy for about a week then one day it was clear... Maybe you just don't have enough good bacteria in the system yet? Could try a bacteria in a bottle like Dr. Tims see if that speeds the process along? Worth trying IMO then starting all over again.

I could elaborate fully as to why its that cloudy but I am trying to sell the tank at the moment. Bacteria supplementation only fixes ammonia and nitrite issues(bacterial bloom). The cloudiness is due to particular matter. I could just remove all the water and rocks and start over but then again, I might as well just get a tank with a sump which gives flexibility such as a high grade skimmer, filter socks, and so on that is guaranteed to remove suspended matter from the water column.

You could temporarily run a canister with some high quality pads to polish the water (if you have one lying around)

You could temporarily run a canister with some high quality pads to polish the water (if you have one lying around)

Thanks for the suggestion but I don't have one lying around. I haven't bought a canister filter in a long time. TBH the tank should be able to sustain without the need of an outside unit as such being it is an AIO.

Thanks for the suggestion but I don't have one lying around. I haven't bought a canister filter in a long time. TBH the tank should be able to sustain without the need of an outside unit as such being it is an AIO.

True. Never had an AIO so I can't really speak to their efficiency or lack there of... I'm pretty sure that there's a product you can buy that helps bind tiny particles together so that your filtration can better remove it. That's probably your best bet if you want to hold out on drilling the tank. I can't remember the name, but maybe someone else will know

True. Never had an AIO so I can't really speak to their efficiency or lack there of... I'm pretty sure that there's a product you can buy that helps bind tiny particles together so that your filtration can better remove it. That's probably your best bet if you want to hold out on drilling the tank. I can't remember the name, but maybe someone else will know

I tried with Coral Snow but wasn't as effective as it could have been.

I tried with Coral Snow but wasn't as effective as it could have been.

Hmm... that's not the one I've seen before. Isn't that more for DOC removal?? I was thinking something more like the Kent Marine Tank Clarifier. The technical term for what you are looking for is a flocculant

Hmm... that's not the one I've seen before. Isn't that more for DOC removal?? I was thinking something more like the Kent Marine Tank Clarifier. The technical term for what you are looking for is a flocculant

Coral snow is made by zeovit. It's basically clay that binds to particulate for easier removal. So yes, it is clarifying agent.

Do you have a skimmer running currently?

Yep. But its one of the limited choices available. I was going to get the ghost skimmer until I heard about the noise issues and $299 is a bit much to consider for a skimmer with issues.

From what I know about the product you mentioned it relies on the skimmer a fair bit to skim he fines out. I would try a different product that relies more on mechanical filtration, and change out your filter floss daily for a couple of days. That should do the trick

From what I know about the product you mentioned it relies on the skimmer a fair bit to skim he fines out. I would try a different product that relies more on mechanical filtration, and change out your filter floss daily for a couple of days. That should do the trick

I've used it before with excellent results. I have removed it with both. Usually it gets caked in the 100micron filter sock and the rest is removed by the skimmer but the case is different here.

The issue is the AIO area wasn't properly planned including the media racks. The media racks would work more effectively if they were designed to fit the area of the compartment, instead there is almost 1.5" of extra space in which the water can just flow around the media rack and to the return pump. Even with me using 100 micron filter pad, only so much goes into the rack and through it to be removed. Also, baffle before the return was about an inch shorter, the water flow would be more effective because less height resistance.

Because of the limited choice of skimmers, there are only so many skimmers that would be great to go in the tank without throwing off the aesthetics. The skimmer I have now is pull gunk but not as much as I would like it to pull. It will take maybe another week to clear up. Normally, a tank could just clear up without the use of a skimmer like with water changes which I did.

Tunze 9001?

I forgot about the tunze but that wouldn't fix the design flaw to make the filtration more efficient.

I emailed a friend of mine on Auburn, AL about your tanks in case he was interested. He was thinking about getting into the hobby and likes the IM tanks. Hope he contacts you!

Archived