Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

got2envy's 20g Macroalgaes with Flower Power!

got2envy

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Getting another Rock Flower Anemone tomorrow, a fellow reefer is going to be getting It for me as we don't have them here in my home town and he is going for a fish buy to another city.

Just want to know, what strength of light do these anemones prefer?

How many can you put into a 5 gal tank total?

The one I have is doing great, I love these things so much fun to feed the colors they come in are amazing as well. I know they have green and red ones I prefer a red they are going to send me pics so he gets the right one I want.

They get pretty large...I would do 3 in a 5g.

I use 4x24w T5's. They are usually found d in the shallows so I would say Medium to high light :)

Some pix!

Flame algae

20140901_130453.jpg

20140901_130435.jpg

20140901_130558.jpg

20140901_130608.jpg

20140901_130646.jpg

Red feather

20140901_130851.jpg

20140901_131039.jpg

20140901_131050.jpg

20140901_131103.jpg

20140901_131125.jpg

Nemastomas!

20140822_132219.jpg

All the macros have grown quite a bitsince these pix...I took em about two weeks ago. I suck at thread updates :(

I love the contrast of the orange w/ white around it w/ the scrolls nearby. Your flowers are looking lovely got2envy! Now others can be envious of yours too!

So the guy is bought all 3 rock flowers, two are green and one is red. I don't have a pic of the green ones but they are priced at 21.00 each and the red is priced at 90.00

This was taken with his iPhone so the pic is not great, but would you pay 90 for this rock flower?

I will be getting them tonight and have the choice of which ones I want to buy from him but I am just not sure on this red as much as I want a red one the price is a bit steep for what it looks like to me.

I will also post a pic of the one I have, he said that none of the 3 are as nice as the one I have. Mine has the green center, orange skirt.

All opinions greatly appreciated.

post-20908-0-32302600-1410319916_thumb.jpg

post-20908-0-73694400-1410320132_thumb.jpg

Thanks I just did not want to pass up if it was a good one. To me it's nothing special I think mine is a nicer one (second pic)

I will take a look at the green ones see how they look

I live in Canada so cannot get corals from the USA without a huge price and headache, thanks though for the recommendation.

I am still waiting for the place here to check with her supplier, that second pic is one I got from her for 30.00 I love the colors of it the pic does not do it justice.

Well I got the Anemone, I chose one of the green ones with white on it. The other green one did not have as much white. The red, well its just an orange red nothing special at all and not worth 90.00, that is an insane price and they called it an Ultra when I phoned, that is not and Ultra just a plain red.

I will post pics when things settle down.

Well that stinks that you are in Canada...I know it is hard to find the nicer stuff for a good price :(

I took some pix just now. You can see some of the growth :)

Rose Petal

20140910_104236.jpg

Blue scroll

20140910_103301.jpg

Nemastoma

20140910_102947.jpg

20140910_102720.jpg

Nemastoma branching type

20140910_104404.jpg

Cactus Caulerpa and Red feather

20140910_104308.jpg

Trio

20140910_111023.jpg

My priciest RFA on the right

20140910_103037.jpg

Green on green

20140910_103138.jpg

Someone found a friend :)

I just noticed the white tips on the gren one with the close up.

20140910_103208.jpg

FTS from today 9/10/14

20140910_104208.jpg

I really am enjoying this tank, I missed having a dedicated Macroalgae tank. I do sell these from time to time so be on the look out ;)

Thanks for following!

Maria

Yes here in Canada we pay dearly for anything saltwater that is for sure, plus our selection is also limited to a degree as well.

Love that Pink Rock Flower, package that up and send it to Canada please...LOL

Your Blue Scroll is so very neat, never seen anything like it before.

Now that things are settling down a bit my new anemone is looking not to bad, it has really some nice color to it, lots of white showing on it so that is good its not just green. I can say I am quite happy with it for the price I paid.

Its so cool to watch it as it has decided to bury down in the sand and not stay on the rock I put it on. Tomorrow I will feed it once its settled.

I have a question though in regards to when these anemones produce young, because there are different colors of anemones in ones tank will the young take on the color mix of both parents or will it stay as one color or the other? Just curious.

OH my gosh Maria, that FTS, you have so many flowers!!!! Looks fantastic with all those in there. I love it when they get all buddy-buddy with each other. Can't wait to hear one day..it spawned, it spawned, or maybe the yelling IT SPAWNED!!! i FOUND A BABY/IES!

That's so nice of you, the shipping is one thing the border is the other, they are not very nice there.

I put this new anemone between two rubble rocks and it was so very neat to watch it push its way between them and right into the sand bed. Its been quite the process all day this was going on. Gosh I wish cameras worked good under the blue light they are amazing in color both of them, the new one even though the center has white under the blues it looks baby blue so very cool.

When you do get babies I would be so interested to see what colors they would be. If they take to one parent or a blend of two parents colors to be a new color. So do keep us posted.

Beautiful tank by the way

Mr. Microscope

Wow! Fun tank got2!

That blue scroll is really something. Is it easy to maintain?

I hope that large substrate doesn't cause nutrient issues for you. Do you have a plan to prevent/work around that?

Thanks Mr. Microscope!

The blue scroll is very easy to maintain, pretty much like any other macro.

If the substrate gets icky I will switch it out. Its pretty light and I have a thin layer of regular sand under it. So far so good :)

got2envy, have a question for you.

I have a 5 gal tall Fluval Chi, just the tank only. I am thinking about moving all components and stuff from my 2 gal into this 5 gal.

Would this style of tank make a good Nano tank being a tall or not?

Honestly it would be a bit challenging. Not only scaping but keeping it clean. Have you thought about maybe like a 10g standard tank. They are not that much money and a really great size. :)

Do you have a tank thread for the 2g?

I have been posting about the tank. I hear you on the 10 gal just don't want to go that big again. I prefer the smaller tanks. I just want to keep my 3 zoas and my flower anemones. Water is also a big issue to so to keep it simple I won't put in an RO system and I buy my water as for these little tanks they don't take much. I have started and shut down this hobby a few times so hubby says no to the RO system and I agree

Do you think it's the depth of the tank vs a 5 gal long?

Archived