SaltCritters.com

got2envy's 20g Macroalgaes with Flower Power!

got2envy

It just keeps getting better and better. You are totally gonna win something :).

Are you going to do some photosynthetic gorgonians too?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I added a little macroalgae today :)

That looks great - What do you use to attach it? I've tried the fishing line method, but haven't been real happy with the results (visual and effectiveness)

A little dab of super glue will do it . The flame algae and grape I just wedge in a hole or under the substrate.

Thanks!

Following! I freaking love rock flower nem's.... just you wait... someday... rock flowers all day everrrrdayyy!

I just traded some z's and P's for 2 yellow tail damsels, one red RFA and 10 blue legged hermits and 5 astrea snails... Also I exchanged the API 50 filter for a Aqua Clear 70 at Petsmart cause I ordered a surface skimmer from pico aquariums :)

Thanks Tamb! I will def be adding more!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! An update...it will be a couple of weeks before I can update again, I am going on vacay. I have 10 more...yes TEN rock flower nems coming Thursday from the VIP group buy YAY!!! :lol:

I will try and make time to take pix if they are willing before my flight Friday morning. My hubby is caring for my tanks..fingers crossed.

2014-07-19%2016.48.40.jpg

2014-07-19%2016.47.39.jpg

2014-07-19%2016.46.56.jpg

Green feather growing like a weed.20140719_163145.jpg

Cactus caulerpa from Tana :)

2014-07-19%2016.44.51.jpg

Codium from Tana

2014-07-19%2016.43.52.jpg

Blue scroll 2014-07-19%2016.42.56.jpg

The smallest RFA decided it liked a horrible spot where I can't see :/

2014-07-19%2017.30.13.jpg

Gena's Ochtodes

2014-07-19%2017.31.14.jpg

FTS

2014-07-19%2016.39.50_1.jpg

Thanks for following!

Thanks G!

Do you have some blue scroll cause if ya don't I have plenty...

Yeah, I still have some that I got from you :). It's in a bad place right now and doesn't get much light so it's just brown and not pretty blue like yours. You have the macroalgae touch...that's for sure!

Aww thanks. But give me a fresh water planted tank and it's fields of death :(

OK let me know I can always send some that's already colored up.

10 more! Now that's the spirit!! Wow it will really be Christmas in Dallas! The ones you have already are looking soooo nice. Yes, I"m very jealous but happy to see what you came out with. There's just something so special about those nems from VIP. They have my heart so bad, and he has my wallet. :P I really think they add so much awesomeness to a tank. :wub:

They really do! And so easy to care for. I still have a pink and a green that I will add later. They are large so I may have to rearrange some rocks. I can't wait to see what Tim picks out for us :)

That's really coming along nice. Looking forward to picking up my five RFAs when then come in. I was worried the group buy wasn't going to come together, but i'm excited it did. Now I have to find room in a 30G to fit them.

And hoping to check this out in person..

Me too! Can't wait! I am cramming 10 more in this tank. The good thing is they do like to be next to each other :)

Yeah you get to see my reefs yay!

Looking good,

What is blue scroll?

Also will a single rock flower anemone have babies?

A single flower won't on its own make babies. It's like the whole male sperm, female egg deal. A male flower spawns into the water, the female flowers ingest it through their mouth, and later little babies, as microscopic small as they are crawl out of her down her skirt. And thus babies are made. There's no "sex w/ one" if you get my drift.

Thanks Amy! Blue scroll is a macroalgae :)

Thanks 1stime...sorry do t know your real name :(

I would be so excited if they do breed for me. I am flying to Miami on Friday so I am hoping to hit up some of my old LFS peeps while I am there...VIP is on the list.

A male flower spawns, the female flowers ingest it through their mouth, and later little babies, they crawl out of her down her skirt. And thus babies are made.

Thankfully, this doesn't happen in the human world, lol.

LOL what is going ON in this thread!!!

I love your blue scroll, omg! I have some from you and its growing but nothing like that!! I can't seem to grow it where I want to. Only on power heads. My blue ochetos is growing sloooooooowww too.

:lol:

I do dose Seachem Reef plus every other day. The blue scroll loves light and flow..it grows on my power heads to lol

:lol:

I do dose Seachem Reef plus every other day. The blue scroll loves light and flow..it grows on my power heads to lol

Ordered some to try!

I have been using it for a few years and everything loves it, especially my softies :)

That is great to hear, sounds perfect for my macro/softy tank. Now to find something for the SPS.

Archived