inTank Media Baskets

Kessil A350w on a 7.5g?

Requality

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll put a sample on a hemacytometer and have 100 people count it. They'll all count the same number of cells, that's a fact. What you want to say is inference of the population from the sample. And even this, is only dependent on 2 factors: equipment resolution, and how evenly distributed the sample is.

That, is by far a different comparison than the shit anecdotes spilled out by 4x5. A fact, in the scientific terms already has uncertainty built it. And none of them are as simplistic or vague as your poor examples.

Easy on the personal attacks and name calling nips, keep it civil.

oh did I get reported? :3

There is a difference between data and facts. My numbers in the lab are data. I can run a qPCR experiment 100 times looking at gene X and gene Y and get slightly different numbers/values. That's data. The fact is when the data shows that gene X regulates gene Y. Thats not an opinion. It happens - therefore, it's a fact. Followed up with other experiments that back up the other data, and the fact becomes concrete. Remove gene X and gene Y is dysregulated. Done. The fact is that gene X regulates gene Y.

Fact: 2+2=4. Fact: 2x2=4. Fact: DNA is made of ATCG bases. Fact: I have brown hair. Fact: I am a biologically male. Fact: I take antibiotics that will kill the bacteria that are harming me. Fact: Atoms exist and make up things.

Oh, one other thing.

Your little graph you posted, that's in lumens.

Blue LED light is not measured in lumens, well it can be but its not accurate to how much blue light there really is.

Thats a fact

That, is by far a different comparison than the shit anecdotes spilled out by 4x5. A fact, in the scientific terms already has uncertainty built it. And none of them are as simplistic or vague as your poor examples.

My real life experience owning the exact model as the OP might be worth something to him. Now I know that means nothing to you because you found a graph on the internet that somehow makes you know more than me. I have a feeling that even if I bought a smaller tank, turned the lights down and turned SPS into brown turds you'd disagree with me. Why? Because you're clearly never wrong and if someone ever disagrees with you they're a moron. What a great attitude you have.

it's not blue light, it's just a blue color scheme. nor do I care how much blue light there is because all it does is illustrate the loss of light as you travel along the x, z axes?

Come on CM, some of these people need to be mocked. I've been far more civil than a lot of lounge members that venture out

My real life experience owning the exact model as the OP might be worth something to him. Now I know that means nothing to you because you found a graph on the internet that somehow makes you know more than me. I have a feeling that even if I bought a smaller tank, turned the lights down and turned SPS into brown turds you'd disagree with me. Why? Because you're clearly never wrong and if someone ever disagrees with you they're a moron. What a great attitude you have.

no actually, the fact that his tank is under a far more concentrated area is the reason why your opinion is of little importance to him. And that graph is straight from Kessil's website.

So are you really saying that the light loss from the center is irrelevant and the only thing that matters is you have the same light even though you're clearly using it under different conditions? I mean, if you want to argue on merits we can do this

So are you really saying that the light loss from the center is irrelevant and the only thing that matters is you have the same light even though you're clearly using it under different conditions? I mean, if you want to argue on merits we can do this

I'm not comparing light at the edges to light in the centre, I never did. I have Acros that are pretty much directly below the light (give or take an inch or 3) that are totally fine and not burning - in fact I'll probably be ramping the lights up even more. Sure my light is higher up, but it is also turned up much more than it's lowest setting and I can assure you if I dropped it down to water level and turned the power down those same Acros would not burn.

Fact: 2+2=4. Fact: 2x2=4. Fact: DNA is made of ATCG bases.

Facts. Mostly, when DNA is replicating, they are not paired at that time. On second thought, the strands are still made up of the bases.

Fact: I have brown hair.

All of them? Not one almost blond one. Not one dark brown one. How about any grey ones. Every one of them is brown?

Fact: I am a biologically male.

Maybe, but thats based mostly on what chromasomes look like. Some people have chromasomes that make them partly male and partly female. Not many, but I have met a few.

Whats your T count, that's a measurement of maleness. Ill take your word for being male though.

Fact: I take antibiotics that will kill the bacteria that are harming me.

Maybe. Depends. Many bacteria are resistant to most antibiotics. Not fact as stated. There are Vanco and Zyvox resistant strains of Staph aureus now. Clostridium difficile actually thrives, multiplies greatly in numbers, when you take most antibiotics. So sometimes true.

Fact: Atoms exist and make up things.

Not really, between the electrons and protons and neutrons there is mostly space.

There is much more space than there is matter in atoms, by volume. Not really a fact.

Youve never got two different reads of a CBC from the same sample?

That is statistically improbable.

The sample being the sample in the test tube, not the sample you take from the sample. Just for clarification.

Facts. Mostly, when DNA is replicating, they are not paired at that time. On second thought, the strands are still made up of the bases.

All of them? Not one almost blond one. Not one dark brown one. How about any grey ones. Every one of them is brown?

Maybe. Depends. Many bacteria are resistant to most antibiotics. Not fact as stated. There are Vanco and Zyvox resistant strains of Staph aureus now. Clostridium difficile actually thrives, multiplies greatly in numbers, when you take most antibiotics. So sometimes true.

Not really, between the electrons and protons and neutrons there is mostly space.

There is much more space than there is matter in atoms, by volume. Not really a fact.

DNA is still only made of ATCG bases when single stranded or double stranded.

Edit: I'm taking away my giving credit to you on your brown hair point. My genetic make up is such that the majority of my hairs are structured in such a way to reflect brown light, making my hair brown. Individual hairs may be different colors, but genetically my hair is brown. Opinions on what shade, fine.

Drug resistant bacteria don't negate the fact that antibiotics kill other bacteria. I did my PhD on Staph aureus. I am currently doing my postdoc on C. diff. I didn't say all antibiotics kill all bacteria. That's completely untrue. But to say that it's a fact that antibiotics kill bacteria is absolutely true.

Atoms may be made of space and particles, but they are still the building blocks. That's a fact. Remove atoms and things go away. The space in between the particles doesn't negate the fact that atoms interact to form the physical world.

Youve never got two different reads of a CBC from the same sample?

That is statistically improbable.

The sample being the sample in the test tube, not the sample you take from the sample. Just for clarification.

the same 10ul on the hemacytometer will always count the same, that's the crux of all your analogies so far. who cares about statistics? they're just opinions about how opinionated someone's opinions are, ergo utterly useless emirate? fact

Archived