SaltCritters.com

Kessil A350w on a 7.5g?

Requality

If it was hung only about 6 inches above the surface and dimmed to a very low setting, would this be a viable option?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have the 350n on a 5g cube. I can turn it up about half way without killing everything. I'm working on getting it powered all the way up. It's about 8 inches off the water. My corals are doing aight

Alright so I just did the math and in order to keep the light spread only within my tank and not outside of it, It would have to be hung 2.18 inches above the tank line. Guess I'ma just bite the bullet and go for it.

Either way,light is going to spill out of the tank and light up the room,walls,ceiling,floors all that.

Its perfect. No spillage whatsoever.

gvFtYzz.jpgPko6Vxi.jpg

That's just ridiculous !!

Should have just spent half of that and got a NB light man !! Hopefully you don't turn everything to skeleton once you get stuff in there.

nano box cost me $315 shipped w/controller to dim. Is it overkill.. I think not for what it does. It's sleek looking and the color is awesome. Who runs leds at 100% on a tank anyways.. unless they just suck.

seeing as how I have the 350n over a 5g, I probably know better than you on this. or in general, that's likely

Seeing as though he owns the 350w which I also own and have it over a 12" deep tank (the same depth as his tank), I probably know a little bit about it's power. But you're right, you own a different light and know more.

Archived